DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

Wight Flight
18 minutes ago, AWW said:

One does not simply "buy" a house.

Are you sure?

I am led to believe that many manage to do so accidentally.

• Lol 3

5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Are you sure?

I am led to believe that many manage to do so accidentally.

Accidental savvy investors.

• Lol 2

I posted this one earlier as I think it's a steal when you factor in the £/sqft. Looks like the sale fell through - surely it cant be right that only 3% of SSTCs fall through? I reckon it's way more.

The problem, I'm assuming, is it's just too big for most people, even if you have the money, you'd have to have a huge family to live there. It has 2 kitchens FFS.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/131977703#/?channel=RES_BUY

Sasquatch
18 minutes ago, spunko said:

I posted this one earlier as I think it's a steal when you factor in the £/sqft. Looks like the sale fell through - surely it cant be right that only 3% of SSTCs fall through? I reckon it's way more.

The problem, I'm assuming, is it's just too big for most people, even if you have the money, you'd have to have a huge family to live there. It has 2 kitchens FFS.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/131977703#/?channel=RES_BUY

For £2.5 mill, I'd much rather have this.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/146466794#/?channel=RES_BUY

• Agree 2

HousePriceMania
1 hour ago, One percent said:

It seems well over priced. 

Everything listed here...

www.rightmove.com

...is over priced 🤔

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Wight Flight
15 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

@Wight Flight Holiday let potential ?

image.png.aed9c7f88c8201c107c96779a613f9d0.png

I saw this pop up today...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/140280506#/floorplan?activePlan=1&channel=RES_BUY

Couple of rows back from the see, £230 per sq ft.  Looks like a realtive bargain to me ?

image.png.b6c036c87b1b4045904b579005f22bb1.png

The first -https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/143152853#/?channel=RES_BUY

I suppose everything is a potential holiday let. Brading is more of a small village community than a holiday location though.

The second does look reasonable value but needs a lot of work. And Sandown is our version of Croydon (but without the immigrants) which might explain the price. 

• Lol 1

4 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Cheap given some of the shit (oh, the irony) I've seen near Lyne sewage works.

• Informative 1

One percent
28 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

They are building a new baretts estate here, right next to the sewage works. It absolutely stinks, although the builders have promised that they will do work to stop the stink. Yeah right.  We call it poo corner 

• Lol 1

HousePriceMania
11 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

I might be missing something but where is the bedroom?

It's an investment not somewhere you live !!!

Wight Flight
3 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

That's going to be a very busy road once the Military road falls in to the sea.

• Lol 1

HousePriceMania
3 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Would be true but isn't, due to the tens of millions of extra people arrived since 1996, vast money printing and minimal building since then.

People still need to buy them with wages, they could only reach those levels due to 0% IRs.

Royston

Current owners bought in August '22 for £1.2m, they've done nothing at all to the house it was fully modernised by the previous owner and the glamping business was already up and running when they bought it in '22.

18 months later its apparently worth an extra half a million...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/144831248#/?channel=COM_BUY

Curious why they've got it listed as commercial/hotel when it's no such thing, the house is a private residence. 

Edited by Royston
  • Agree 2

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

People still need to buy them with wages, they could only reach those levels due to 0% IRs.

Er, no. You forget the money printing - plebs have got poorer, but a lot of people have become enormously rich. Richer people will buy property with cash, and rent them to people on lower wages who will scratch an ever-more-difficult living. The proportion of owner-occupiers will steadily fall.

While there are more people than there is available housing, and the tax regime encourages/permits accumulating property, prices may fall a bit with higher rates, but there can be no crash. 1 million+ immigrants a year will ensure this, in fact I'd imagine it will get worse.  

• Agree 2

Frank Hovis
4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

While there are more people than there is available housing, and the tax regime encourages/permits accumulating property, prices may fall a bit with higher rates, but there can be no crash. 1 million+ immigrants a year will ensure this, in fact I'd imagine it will get worse.  

I am sadly coming to a similar conclusion, there may be stagnation, there may be correction, but there will be no crash.

Instead of envying the young I'm pitying them.

• Agree 2

swiss_democracy_for_all
23 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I am sadly coming to a similar conclusion, there may be stagnation, there may be correction, but there will be no crash.

Instead of envying the young I'm pitying them.

All that is required is an effective young people's political movement, which could be organised online where many spend a lot of their time. They have all the tools, but have been brainwashed into thinking that fighting their own corner would make them bad, uncool and horror of horrors, racist against immigrants. 

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis
2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

All that is required is an effective young people's political movement, which could be organised online where many spend a lot of their time. They have all the tools, but have been brainwashed into thinking that fighting their own corner would make them bad, uncool and horror of horrors, racist against immigrants. 

Also it would fall apart as soon as people could afford to buy houses because, as we see all the time, there is nothing which makes a lot of homeowners happier than the nominal price of their house increasing.

I still like @spygirl's story about a woman he knew who every year would check the value of her house and spend the increase on a holiday as if it was real money.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

spygirl
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Also it would fall apart as soon as people could afford to buy houses because, as we see all the time, there is nothing which makes a lot of homeowners happier than the nominal price of their house increasing.

I still like @spygirl's story about a woman he knew who every year would check the value of her house and spend the increase on a holiday as if it was real money.

HouseS

She was blowing the IO BTL increases.

And from Zoopla, so total made up BS.

Its bad enough people getting fixated on what they think their house is worth.

My bloody mothers done this. Not that shes selling anytime. Not that the idiot EA knew that.

And, as I said, hes a moron. If you need a valuation then you need to use chartered surveyor (not that they know much/see far in future) not  cretin.

• Agree 1