DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

belfastchild
1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yes you're probably right unless the buyer is so minted it doesn't matter. It's a bit irrelevant to paupers like me anyway, I posted it for @spunko so he could buy it and play Lord of the Manor!

Yeah, you buy that and think you'll be an extra in 'to the Manor born' and end up with katie price and some gypos as neighbours.

Then again you could buy it, buy a shitload of old rusty transits and some caravans and never worry about the enforcement notice or boundary dispute ever again.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yes you're probably right unless the buyer is so minted it doesn't matter. It's a bit irrelevant to paupers like me anyway, I posted it for @spunko so he could buy it and play Lord of the Manor! (It doesn't mention any local Droit de Seigneur rights with Katie Price :P)

I believe that area round there is grim and pikeyrific but I don't know it that well. Move it 20 miles east and I might be interested :CryBaby:

Not that I can complain much,  going by the new neighbours here 

17111291557245425473823191700743.jpg

• Lol 1
  • Vomit 1

ashestoashes
13 hours ago, spunko said:

I believe that area round there is grim and pikeyrific but I don't know it that well. Move it 20 miles east and I might be interested :CryBaby:

Not that I can complain much,  going by the new neighbours here 

17111291557245425473823191700743.jpg

do they have dags ?

Frank Hovis
8 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Bargain of the month/year/decade in Cornwall, for whoever got it. 1990s price (tho I haven't had time to investigate it and unfamiliar with Troon).
Unsurprisingly the only house under offer of today's RM listings in Cornwall! 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/146121599#/map?channel=RES_BUY

Wow.

It's not a good area.

It's not a good house.

But a two bed terrace for £35k?

That's mid-nineties money.

It's only five grand more than a top of the range Mondeo.

• Agree 3

HousePriceMania

How is this for a detached house.

Classic reply.

Detached! 😂😂 I’m surprised the EA didn‘t say it‘s got a moat
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 3

Wight Flight
13 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

How is this for a detached house.

Classic reply.

Detached! 😂😂 I’m surprised the EA didn‘t say it‘s got a moat

Detached from reality.

They omit to mention that Island Harbour has gone bankrupt so there are no facilities.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

JoeDavola

This is quite unusual but I like it:

https://www.propertynews.com/property-for-sale/coastguard-cottages-whitehead-bt38-9qs/property/BED936111/?sort=Date+Added&status[]=For+Sale&sector[]=Residential&offset=0&limit=10&area[]=591

Nice setting by the sea but well set back too. I remember walking past these last summer and thinking they looked nice but assuming for some reason they werent residential buildings.

• Love / Hugz 3

43 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

https://www.propertynews.com/property-for-sale/coastguard-cottages-whitehead-bt38-9qs/property/BED936111/?sort=Date+Added&status[]=For+Sale&sector[]=Residential&offset=0&limit=10&area[]=591

Nice setting by the sea but well set back too. I remember walking past these last summer and thinking they looked nice but assuming for some reason they werent residential buildings.

So go and have a look as you can afford it 

• Agree 2

belfastchild
2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Dont fuck about, go and buy it.

• Agree 1

One percent
UmBongo

One percent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13219165/Is-Britains-expensive-council-house-Fury-man-slammed-selling-four-bed-home-3-5million-says-price-fair.html

The owner of a modest former 'council house' which has been put on sale for a  staggering £3.5million has defended the enormous asking price - after it attracted widespread mockery. 

The extraordinary asking price for a four-bed semi of its kind has caused astonishment among neighbours and potential buyers - but now its vendor has claimed  it is justified because he has spent £1.4 million renovating. 

Accountant Lukov Nikolov - who is asking three times the amount he paid for the property - said: 'I spent £1.4million renovating the house after I bought it...I don't know if it will sell, but we will see.'

• Informative 1

JoeDavola
5 hours ago, spunko said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/146366483#/?channel=RES_BUY

Whenever I see a house like this I always cringe. When will the trend die with the anthracite windows?

Thats fairly standard modern decor round here. Everything different shades of grey.

I loathe it. Reminds me of being in a hospital. Just fucking sterile and bland and awful.

• Agree 3

Chewing Grass

Yep, why the hell do people make their houses look like a corporate office...

• Agree 2