DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Decor aside that is one hell of a house for £270k.  Substantial six bedder.

It’s cheap oop north (well away from the tourist areas where every wessie scratter wants to move to “are special place”.)  

Edited by One percent
Bracket missing
  • Informative 1

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s cheap oop north (well away from the tourist areas where every wessie scratter wants to move to “are special place”.)  

Cheap to the extent that it would cost more than that to build it today.

Ridiculously so.

But if there are no jobs in the area to support purchasing it then that's the market point.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Cheap to the extent that it would cost more than that to build it today.

Ridiculously so.

But if there are no jobs in the area to support purchasing it then that's the market point.

It’s not far from smoggy land but the days of well paid work there are largely gone.  

On 14/12/2023 at 15:48, One percent said:

It’s not far from smoggy land but the days of well paid work there are largely gone.  

The whole area around the so-called Freeport and Wilton International have some really high value jobs. When I was over that way, I was very surprised at the standard of the cars on site. 

9 minutes ago, Stuey said:

The whole area around the so-called Freeport and Wilton International have some really high value jobs. When I was over that way, I was very surprised at the standard of the cars on site. 

Not in the numbers there were. 

28 minutes ago, spunko said:

Now gone to cash buyers only and discounted to £625k. Arguably the cheapest 3,000 sqft house for miles.... I still wouldn't.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/138072026#/?channel=RES_BUY

Price History

22 Dec 2023 £700,000 £625,000
5 Nov 2023 £750,000 £700,000
31 Jul 2023 First seen £750,000

Weirdly, Ive got the same settee.  o.O

• Informative 2

48 minutes ago, spunko said:

Now gone to cash buyers only and discounted to £625k. Arguably the cheapest 3,000 sqft house for miles.... I still wouldn't.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/138072026#/?channel=RES_BUY

Price History

22 Dec 2023 £700,000 £625,000
5 Nov 2023 £750,000 £700,000
31 Jul 2023 First seen £750,000

Next to roundabout on what looks like a dual carriageway. Bound to be a bit noisy. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hug said:

Next to roundabout on what looks like a dual carriageway. Bound to be a bit noisy. 

Won't be able to leave your house during rush hour without queueing for half an hour either. 

• Informative 1
  • Vomit 1

28 minutes ago, One percent said:

Weirdly, Ive got the same settee.  o.O

Looks like it hides the stains well. 

( 🍷 )

6 minutes ago, spunko said:

Won't be able to leave your house during rush hour without queueing for half an hour either. 

I wonder if they know this yet. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

lots of lovely rumble strips to slow traffic down to drive you insane

• Agree 1

On 18/12/2023 at 14:53, spygirl said:

Thats some ambitious pricing for the area.

https://houseprices.io/?q=Windermere+Drive%2c+Skelton&p=2

Itll be back to 2005 soon.

What's most surprising is there's not been a sale on there since 2007.

Not sure if that indicates its a wonderful place to live and nobody ever wants to move from there, or it's an utter shit hole and people can't give their houses away!

• Agree 1

This place pops up on both my rental and buying searches. It looks like a pokey little place with the garage having been converted into yet more pokey little rooms. But it is useful to see when people are desperately trying to find a rental or selling price where somebody will bite.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/142686014#/?channel=RES_LET

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/139312850#/?channel=RES_BUY

Asking price and rental price both recently reduced. I'm pretty sure those aren't the first such reductions.

• Informative 1

On 29/12/2023 at 20:16, Democorruptcy said:

If I'd paid £1,825,000 for a Chester flat in 2010, it would have hurt when the agent valued it at £1,800,000 this year. CPI/RPI linked it should be a £1m more.

Number 31, service charge £8k+ a year

All the charm of a fancy Travelodge.

If driving past that I'd assume it was commercial offices.

• Agree 2

On 03/01/2024 at 11:12, onlyme said:

All the charm of a fancy Travelodge.

If driving past that I'd assume it was commercial offices.

I thought it was as we walked past it in November while doing a loop of the wall

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis
21 hours ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/143284550#/media?channel=RES_BUY&id=media11&ref=photoCollage

pic 12,

So you can sit upstairs and watch what's going on downstairs?

That looks dangerous.

102082_27078905_IMG_11_0000.jpeg

Though i like the idea of having a river and tunnels!

The exterior of the property boasts a private beautiful tiered garden which features garden art, waterfall rockery, decorative railings, stone walls and a river flowing through the garden. There is a detached annexe and workshop that are attached via an underground tunnel with lower floor workshops and storage to the main residence also.

102082_27078905_IMG_36_0000.jpeg

102082_27078905_IMG_43_0000.jpeg

And the annex isn't bad either!

102082_27078905_IMG_45_0000.jpeg

House:

102082_27078905_IMG_00_0000.jpeg

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

With a crooked smile
On 14/12/2023 at 15:46, Frank Hovis said:

I did a job at a house the other day very rural Cumbria. Two gay guys. They had moved up from London a few months ago. I asked the non mincey one what he did for a living. He said he was a police officer. I then asked him if he was in Nuclear Constablary or Cumbria Police assuming he had transferred. He told me he was in the Met. Most of his job now is around computer training and done remotely. I was pretty surprised but it goes to show how far WFH has come.

Edited by With a crooked smile
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

sarahbell
10 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

That looks dangerous.

102082_27078905_IMG_11_0000.jpeg

Though i like the idea of having a river and tunnels!

The exterior of the property boasts a private beautiful tiered garden which features garden art, waterfall rockery, decorative railings, stone walls and a river flowing through the garden. There is a detached annexe and workshop that are attached via an underground tunnel with lower floor workshops and storage to the main residence also.

102082_27078905_IMG_36_0000.jpeg

102082_27078905_IMG_43_0000.jpeg

And the annex isn't bad either!

102082_27078905_IMG_45_0000.jpeg

House:

102082_27078905_IMG_00_0000.jpeg

It really is very funky. 

• Cheers 1

image.thumb.png.15f6178973549ac68737081ff6d157fd.png

Nice looking Georgian/Victorian era building. Former Norwich Union buildings I think. Situated in the city centre just around the corner from Norwich bus station. The building to the left has been converted into a house but about the main building on the right? Would make a for spacious flats. Instead, the developers decided to squeeze in as many bedsits as possible. They got 14 out of it:

Link: £125,000 

Check out that floorplan. Living, sleeping and kitchen area all in one room and bugger all cupboard space. What a wasted opportunity.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 171836.png

• Bogged 1
  • Lol 3
  • Vomit 1