DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

12 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Right next to the drains air vent, so you can smell your own shit while drinking the beer. Lovely.

What are the regs for fitting a durgo valve there or elswhere instead - difference between main drain / septic tank?

Bobthebuilder
14 minutes ago, onlyme said:

What are the regs for fitting a durgo valve there or elswhere instead - difference between main drain / septic tank?

I am sure you could fit one in that instance, as access is easy if it fails.

• Informative 1

3 hours ago, Eventually Right said:

2 bedroom flat for sale in Old School Close, Bristol, BS6 (rightmove.co.uk)

2 Bed flat in a nice area of Bristol.  Guide price £1.15m.  Even if you had the money (and demented inclination) to buy it for cash, you'd still be faced with £400 a month in service charges and ground rent...9_9

I was expetcing some crappy 70s Comp conversion ....

One percent
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

What’s interesting to me is the sudden reports of derelict posh houses. The main story on this last week was the state of Bishop’s avenue. It’s a political move. The game is guessing why the sudden focus. 

Bobthebuilder
19 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

This is cheaper than I thought it would be given the area:

https://www.propertypal.com/65-beechill-road-belfast/932485/photo-29

Any ideas why? Might it be that flat roof extension would put people off?

The only thing I can see is it looks like the hot water cylinder in the 1st floor bathroom has had a leak. You can see the plaster repair on the ceiling in one of the kitchen photos directly below the bathroom.

Cannot see why that would make it cheap though, it has been fixed.

• Informative 1

UmBongo

Rural cottage in east Norfolk

Lot Image

A few tenanted cottages up for auction with a guide price of £110,000-130,000. The rents are rock bottom at £220 a month. Apparently Assured Shorthold Tenancies The houses perhaps needs some work doing to them. On the open market they could rent for £650 a month, maybe more or I wonder if there is some clause preventing this.

sarahbell
On 02/03/2024 at 11:21, UmBongo said:

Rural cottage in east Norfolk

Lot Image

A few tenanted cottages up for auction with a guide price of £110,000-130,000. The rents are rock bottom at £220 a month. Apparently Assured Shorthold Tenancies The houses perhaps needs some work doing to them. On the open market they could rent for £650 a month, maybe more or I wonder if there is some clause preventing this.

Near the sea?

Nearer the sea?

And now?

• 2 weeks later...
One percent
8 minutes ago, eek said:

That Garden is many things - beautifully presented isn't any of them..

I guess if you were Dorothy, you would appreciate it.  :)

Frank Hovis
43 minutes ago, One percent said:

The uncompleted project status and flood risk are going to be putting 90% of buyers and make it difficult to obtain a mortgage.

If you have the money in cash and don't mind rolling your sleeves up then I can see a genuine bargain going here for close to the £150k guide price.

43785_202403141542sq_bbxs_IMG_00_0000.jp

Medium surface water flood risk - Reeds Rains have been advised that the garden and garage of this property flooded in 2021 and 2023. No water entered the living space. The surface water entered the garden via the driveway entrance, then the garage via the up and over door plus under floor space in 2021 via airbricks. Steps have been taken by the current owners to mitigate the risk of further flooding (manual flood barrier at the driveway entrance and automatic closing airbricks that prevented underfloor surface water in 2023) and planning permission has been granted to relocate the driveway entrance to a higher location on Park Lane.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

One percent
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The uncompleted project status and flood risk are going to be putting 90% of buyers and make it difficult to obtain a mortgage.

If you have the money in cash and don't mind rolling your sleeves up then I can see a genuine bargain going here for close to the £150k guide price.

Medium surface water flood risk - Reeds Rains have been advised that the garden and garage of this property flooded in 2021 and 2023. No water entered the living space. The surface water entered the garden via the driveway entrance, then the garage via the up and over door plus under floor space in 2021 via airbricks. Steps have been taken by the current owners to mitigate the risk of further flooding (manual flood barrier at the driveway entrance and automatic closing airbricks that prevented underfloor surface water in 2023) and planning permission has been granted to relocate the driveway entrance to a higher location on Park Lane.

Good spot.  It’s still hell of a house for the money.  

One percent
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

To add, I can’t see how it’s a flood risk, there are no water courses near.  I would guess it’s the council not maintaining the drains and the water runs down the hill, straight into the garden.  

another off putting thing, check out the pikeys on street view

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/145863401#/map?channel=RES_BUY

swiss_democracy_for_all
Just now, spunko said:

That could be stunning. Though Katie Price lives literally just across those fields to the right :S

Yes, a curious place that ought to be magnificent, and could be again, quite quickly, in the right hands.

From the photos it looks like it was once owned by a wealthy family and a druggie dissipated son or daughter is the only one left, has lost all the money and is selling up in order to have enough drink/drug money to last out their days. They've already sold a load of the probably antique furniture and are sleeping on the floor on mattresses!

• Agree 1

belfastchild
9 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yes, a curious place that ought to be magnificent, and could be again, quite quickly, in the right hands.

From the photos it looks like it was once owned by a wealthy family and a druggie dissipated son or daughter is the only one left, has lost all the money and is selling up in order to have enough drink/drug money to last out their days. They've already sold a load of the probably antique furniture and are sleeping on the floor on mattresses!

So theres an enforcement notice that could be north of half a mil to put right by October, a boundary dispute and its grade 2 listed. Damp, mould, leaking roof etc etc.

Fuck sake. Dont walk away, run.

• Lol 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
4 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

So theres an enforcement notice that could be north of half a mil to put right by October, a boundary dispute and its grade 2 listed. Damp, mould, leaking roof etc etc.

Fuck sake. Dont walk away, run.

Yes you're probably right unless the buyer is so minted it doesn't matter. It's a bit irrelevant to paupers like me anyway, I posted it for @spunko so he could buy it and play Lord of the Manor! (It doesn't mention any local Droit de Seigneur rights with Katie Price :P)

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all