DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

One percent
5 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

image.thumb.png.15f6178973549ac68737081ff6d157fd.png

Nice looking Georgian/Victorian era building. Former Norwich Union buildings I think. Situated in the city centre just around the corner from Norwich bus station. The building to the left has been converted into a house but about the main building on the right? Would make a for spacious flats. Instead, the developers decided to squeeze in as many bedsits as possible. They got 14 out of it:

Link: £125,000 

Check out that floorplan. Living, sleeping and kitchen area all in one room and bugger all cupboard space. What a wasted opportunity.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 171836.png

This is all looking like peak nonsense, similar to the late 80s, early 90s crash.  

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, One percent said:

This is interesting. It’s incredibly cheap imho but has a flying freehold (dunno why as it’s not a flat) and weird restrictions. 
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/141020537#/?channel=RES_BUY

Do 2 top bedrooms on the floor plan have another floor occupied by someone else above them? That part looks like two storey, and explains noise restrictions on one of the bedrooms. 

One percent
1 minute ago, Bear Hug said:

Do 2 top bedrooms on the floor plan have another floor occupied by someone else above them? That part looks like two storey, and explains noise restrictions on one of the bedrooms. 

Good point but it’s described as a bungalow, not a flat. There are definitely windows in the upstairs on one wing.  

belfastchild
On 13/01/2024 at 17:21, UmBongo said:

Nice looking Georgian/Victorian era building. Former Norwich Union buildings I think. Situated in the city centre just around the corner from Norwich bus station. The building to the left has been converted into a house but about the main building on the right? Would make a for spacious flats. Instead, the developers decided to squeeze in as many bedsits as possible. They got 14 out of it:

Check out that floorplan. Living, sleeping and kitchen area all in one room and bugger all cupboard space. What a wasted opportunity.

Love the 'wooden floors' sheets of ply stuck with gaffa tape.

4 hours ago, belfastchild said:

Love the 'wooden floors' sheets of ply stuck with gaffa tape.

Yes, I was trying to work out what was going on there. O.o A new fashion in floor coverings or something.

image.thumb.png.3906809fae2616a9c86dae32de8d6638.png

One percent
11 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Swingers' club?

Disappointed. I thought you would say dungeon.  

The Masked Tulip
34 minutes ago, One percent said:

Disappointed. I thought you would say dungeon.  

I have told you before, if you wish to see my dungeon you just have to ask... nicely :ph34r:

• Lol 1

One percent
21 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have told you before, if you wish to see my dungeon you just have to ask... nicely :ph34r:

Please sir…. xD

Democorruptcy
On 13/01/2024 at 17:21, UmBongo said:

Looks like forward thinking more than a wasted opportunity. That sort of smaller space will become the norm.

48 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Looks like forward thinking more than a wasted opportunity. That sort of smaller space will become the norm.

The dystopian future awaits: "Behold- your new existence cell!"

• Agree 1

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, reformed nice guy said:

Soon to be a 20 bed hmo?

Trouble with HMOs are they are usually somewhere were loads of people want to live.

I've been looking at Cornwall last couple of weeks and some of the places there are collapsing both hard and fast !!! 

@Frank Hovis keeps a keen eye on Cornwall maybe he can give us his thoughts.

From where I am sitting a £500K crap hole in Northampton now looking ridiculous and I am think of moving to the coast instead as there are more reasonable places in better areas available now.

Anyway, while I am posting today I thought Frank could drive past this place and tell us if this is real.

Catch you all later.

image.png.2cc67141a32902c9abf0266d9105ff3b.png

Frank Hovis
15 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Trouble with HMOs are they are usually somewhere were loads of people want to live.

I've been looking at Cornwall last couple of weeks and some of the places there are collapsing both hard and fast !!! 

@Frank Hovis keeps a keen eye on Cornwall maybe he can give us his thoughts.

From where I am sitting a £500K crap hole in Northampton now looking ridiculous and I am think of moving to the coast instead as there are more reasonable places in better areas available now.

Anyway, while I am posting today I thought Frank could drive past this place and tell us if this is real.

Catch you all later.

image.png.2cc67141a32902c9abf0266d9105ff3b.png

How bizarre.

You can rent it as, inevitably, it is a holiday let.

Amazingly the building is listed per the advert.

And as you are renting both the ground floor and first floor the steps seem to serve no purpose.

@Delboy

190780670-1-1024x768.jpg

https://www.cornishrivieraholidays.co.uk/properties/15-surfs-up/

Edited by Frank Hovis
Piccie
  • Lol 1

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/143724368#/?channel=RES_BUY

I would guess in years past, that the lower floor would have been a pilchard press or a fisherman's store, hence the stairway to the living space.

The red arrow highlighted by @HousePriceMania appears to point to smooth rounded granite blocks, which were designed to deflect cartwheels away from the structure.

Parking would be a nightmare in this street. The holiday advert says parking is at The Station Car Park, which is at least a half mile away. I would imagine that all the properties in Carncrows Street are holiday lets.

Edited by Delboy

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/142527008#/?channel=RES_BUY

Someone paid money for this spiel:

Roll up your sleeves and grab your tools
This property has the potential to become a shining jewel
This charming detached home has a lovely plot
With a bit of work this could be a home with the lot
There's THREE RECEPTION ROOMS and THREE BEDROOMS too
Does this sound like the project for you?
Ring DEBRA TIMMIS ESTATE AGENTS, pick up your phone -
and make this your dream home

Last line needs work, IMHO. Also, should strictly be "grab your tool" to rhyme with "jewel".

(I haven't looked at the house itself)

• 3 weeks later...

Two-bed terraced in Chelmsford, asking price reduced and now below its 2017 sold price. Decent enough central-ish location near the grammar school. 

Having said that, although there’s been a fair amount of investment in Chelmsford since it became a city in 2012, £335,000 seems nuts for 2017, and even £325,000 today feels pricey.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/127383983#/?channel=RES_BUY

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/140525699#/?channel=RES_BUY

Stunning. only 850k. (ONLY!)

So how bad is a flood zone 3? 

image.thumb.png.f497cb85511f75e1b55a2ba26b420e5a.png

that house has been there long enough that I wouldn't worry unless upstream there has been some change to drainage.  for example, has that A road off to the NE blocked a traditional water run?  Note also the church is on the same elevation - old churches very very seldom flood as the builders knew the land inside out, and often built on other structures that were used for pre christian worship, again meaning no flooding sites used.

That's a great deal.  I'd take it if I wanted to be in the UK.

• Love / Hugz 1