DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

One percent
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Strange.

My memory is mainly the OTT grifting.

Behave, she has a lifestyle to maintain.   

spygirl

This lifestyle property with stunning scenery includes a farmhouse, cottage, and six acres

This picturesque home - a Grade ll-listed period farmhouse within 6.4 acres and a holiday cottage known as Paddy Waddell's Rest, is for sale within a stunning section of the North York Moors National Park.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/this-lifestyle-property-with-stunning-scenery-includes-a-farmhouse-cottage-and-six-acres-4604745?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2BGAQlu9DS8uWiDD2P4mO4A7OFPqcwSPPSFwrJyElA6hrtc39AxBmuwUY_aem_AZVR3iAjei9wtjXj7dMTc_coADBFouZda6gH9voioQElxjNlKodt1lNtTNt9sRuCfKA02HgRv3ZM32XAAR603N6F

Fishing and 4x4 salvage rights....

• Lol 1

One percent
21 minutes ago, spygirl said:

This lifestyle property with stunning scenery includes a farmhouse, cottage, and six acres

This picturesque home - a Grade ll-listed period farmhouse within 6.4 acres and a holiday cottage known as Paddy Waddell's Rest, is for sale within a stunning section of the North York Moors National Park.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/this-lifestyle-property-with-stunning-scenery-includes-a-farmhouse-cottage-and-six-acres-4604745?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2BGAQlu9DS8uWiDD2P4mO4A7OFPqcwSPPSFwrJyElA6hrtc39AxBmuwUY_aem_AZVR3iAjei9wtjXj7dMTc_coADBFouZda6gH9voioQElxjNlKodt1lNtTNt9sRuCfKA02HgRv3ZM32XAAR603N6F

Fishing and 4x4 salvage rights....

I was going to ask if that’s where the 4x4 drowned.   

that property keeps coming back on the market. Ive never worked out whether it sold or not

• Agree 1

HousePriceMania

Nice home for a family if they can afford the upkeep/work

£240 per sq ft, should sell for less.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/86677422#/?channel=RES_BUY

Buxhall Road, Brettenham, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP7

Offers Over
£595,000
Price Change History
24/04/2024 Price changed from £725,000 to £595,000
11/03/2024 Price changed from £775,000 to £725,000
15/11/2023 Initial asking price: £775,000
Overall change: -23.2% (-£180,000)

On 25/04/2024 at 13:50, spygirl said:

SELLER INSIGHT

It was the opportunity for multigenerational living that first drew us to this property,” say the current owners of The Rectory. “We were living in Surrey, my elderly father was in Kent, and we were setting up our own business needing access to London, so we drew a circle on the map to determine how far we were willing to move. Initially, we were looking for a house for us and our young family, and another nearby for my father, but when we found The Rectory with its own Coach House in the grounds, we increasingly liked the idea of all living together. As the Coach House was in use as a B&B, my father ended up living with us in the main house, which with its 7 bedrooms including two master suites is more than big enough! In the years since, it has been wonderful to see young and old thrive in a family home where everyone has their own space.” Warm and welcoming, this is the ideal home for everyday family life and entertaining alike. “The house flexes to accommodate our needs, whether there are ten or a hundred people in it,” the owners say. “The kitchen is the heart of the home, as a place for cooking, eating and spending time with family and friends. Everyone tends to gather around the big kitchen island and guests often say they don’t want to leave! Large doors open onto the outdoor kitchen complete with hot and cold running water, barbecue and fridge for seamless indoor-outdoor entertaining. The southwesterly facing patio is a real sun trap, so is wonderful for al fresco dining.” Indeed, the secure grounds serve as an extension of the indoor living accommodation. “Approaching three and a half acres the semi-moated gardens provide a wonderful sense of space and seclusion,” say the owners. “This is a real haven for wildlife, from koi in the moat and pond, to kingfishers hovering over the water and birds singing in the trees. Our children have loved growing up with so much land to roam, the large grassy areas having played host to trampolines, climbing frames and games of every sport you can imagine over the years. It is a playground for young and old alike: a particularly special memory of our time here is of my father walking 100 laps of the garden to raise a record-breaking sum of almost £40million for NHS charities during the pandemic!”

Strange.

My memory is mainly the OTT grifting.

No mention of how they managed to afford that house, I had assumed the family was wealthy already hence being able to court/buy media attention simply for the old man waddling round the garden. But it turns out he was working class.

Rich husband? I notice hes rarely mentioned.

• Agree 1

roundhouse

There was talk on another thread about use of AI for property descriptions. Seeing the odd house name  I looked to see where this one was... The blurb is really odd and seems like a primary schoolkid's conglomeration of facts gleaned from the internet, mixed with a few assumptions. And twaddle. And AI.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/147307796#/?channel=RES_BUY

here are a few:

"The serene wildlife pool creates the perfect haven for all indigenous creatures including many species of dragon flies and newts."

Cornwall has palmate newt only, other than border areas in far NE Cornwall (and yes, dragonflies is one not two words). And *all* indigenous creatures... so fucking syrupy and ridiculous.

"...creative creations"

bit like EA favourite "can be utilised for multiple uses"

"The local Congdons and Bray Shop provide a generous supply of sundries & produce"

Congdons Shop and Bray Shop *had* shops long long ago, which the hamlets were named after. Like when every village had a shop or three. They have no shops or supplies - well maybe someone with a jam or egg stand on their drive sometimes. Congdons Shop has a notice board though, I sometimes read it if queueing at the junction.

"Historically, it has also been referred to as Coades Green. The Hocking's Green appl [sic] variety originated in Coad's Green."

1. Unsure what "it" refers to, but Coad's Green is a small nearby village, with a primary school (that they don't mention but no shop). Anyone local knows exactly which hamlet and where in that hamlet Hocking's Green was originally found. Near, but not Coads Green, and several miles from this house. I don't need to search online to know the exact place is named there (Illand), and it's irrelevant to mention a traditional Cornish apple variety from elsewhere when selling this place. Unless they're in the garden but they don't say that... do they!

If I was interested in this house (I'm not) I'd be really put off by the agent's laziness in describing the area - ie how inaccurate is the house blurb (which I only scanned). Well OK they're across the border in Tavistock not that local but that's not an excuse if trying to sell a place. 

Edited by roundhouse
Add link

Wight Flight
9 hours ago, roundhouse said:

There was talk on another thread about use of AI for property descriptions. Seeing the odd house name  I looked to see where this one was... The blurb is really odd and seems like a primary schoolkid's conglomeration of facts gleaned from the internet, mixed with a few assumptions. And twaddle. And AI.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/147307796#/?channel=RES_BUY

here are a few:

"The serene wildlife pool creates the perfect haven for all indigenous creatures including many species of dragon flies and newts."

Cornwall has palmate newt only, other than border areas in far NE Cornwall (and yes, dragonflies is one not two words). And *all* indigenous creatures... so fucking syrupy and ridiculous.

"...creative creations"

bit like EA favourite "can be utilised for multiple uses"

"The local Congdons and Bray Shop provide a generous supply of sundries & produce"

Congdons Shop and Bray Shop *had* shops long long ago, which the hamlets were named after. Like when every village had a shop or three. They have no shops or supplies - well maybe someone with a jam or egg stand on their drive sometimes. Congdons Shop has a notice board though, I sometimes read it if queueing at the junction.

"Historically, it has also been referred to as Coades Green. The Hocking's Green appl [sic] variety originated in Coad's Green."

1. Unsure what "it" refers to, but Coad's Green is a small nearby village, with a primary school (that they don't mention but no shop). Anyone local knows exactly which hamlet and where in that hamlet Hocking's Green was originally found. Near, but not Coads Green, and several miles from this house. I don't need to search online to know the exact place is named there (Illand), and it's irrelevant to mention a traditional Cornish apple variety from elsewhere when selling this place. Unless they're in the garden but they don't say that... do they!

If I was interested in this house (I'm not) I'd be really put off by the agent's laziness in describing the area - ie how inaccurate is the house blurb (which I only scanned). Well OK they're across the border in Tavistock not that local but that's not an excuse if trying to sell a place. 

It's everywhere.

What a load of tosh.

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/14767074/

Welcome to the peace and quiet of this charming, recently decorated, detached property. Tucked away in a serene location, this home is a haven for those seeking tranquility and beauty. With its beautiful view, walking routes, and harmonious surroundings, you will be living in a personal paradise.

This home is in good condition and ready to welcome you. It boasts a generous layout with two reception rooms and a conservatory, perfect for entertaining or just enjoying some quiet time. Whether it's a cosy family movie night or a lively gathering with friends, these rooms offer the perfect setting.

The property features a functional kitchen, where cooking will become your favorite pastime. It's the heart of the home, where meals are prepared with love.

Three double bedrooms provide ample space for rest and relaxation. It's the perfect setup for families or couples who appreciate a peaceful and quiet lifestyle.

The house benefits from a convenient bathroom with walk in shower, taking care of all your daily needs.

When it comes to practical features, this property doesn't disappoint. It has a parking space, ensuring your vehicle is always secure. A lovely garden invites you to enjoy the outdoors, whether it's a fun family picnic or just soaking up the sun.

This home is in council tax band E and has an EPC rating of E. It's available to let, so don't miss this opportunity to make this serene environment your home. Come and explore, and see for yourself why this property is a hidden gem.

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
3 minutes ago, spunko said:

This is stunning. I may start playing the lottery.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/147342350#/?channel=RES_BUY

You would need 'staff' and they need minimum terms 'n' conditions plus NI, Pension and other 'benefits'.

Edit: Correction @Van Lady and @One percent would probably move in. Plus somebody would be 'the gardener'.

Edited by Chewing Grass
  • Agree 2
  • Lol 1

Van Lady
54 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

You would need 'staff' and they need minimum terms 'n' conditions plus NI, Pension and other 'benefits'.

Edit: Correction @Van Lady and @One percent would probably move in. Plus somebody would be 'the gardener'.

Not me!

I’d like to live in a residential caravan or one of those garden cabin things or a decent one small bedroom place.

My 30 year old son is still living at home. He pays decent dig money plus does maintenance stuff in our home.

If he does move on from our modest semi detached 2 bed bungalow I will be moving to somewhere else that suits me better….smaller.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

ashestoashes

give a girl the right shoes and she can muck out the stable

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2

On 28/04/2024 at 20:24, spunko said:

Inspirational wall quotes/decals are the new tattoos.

I.e. fucking corny and overdone.

2227_13923152_IMG_10_0000.jpeg

Everyone has them these days. Look how happy Mr Farah's makes him:

82216117-13126171-Ishmaeil_Farah_19_who_s_has_lived_in_the_area_with_his_family_al-a-3_1710081765785.thumb.jpg.41950decce442cb78abbf2a09126a578.jpg

"Dead end street: Derelict neighbourhood left to rot with abandoned homes and piles of fly-tipped rubbish"

Edited by apples