DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

PatronizingGit

Typically inexplicable DM counter-factual reporting. 

House hunters slam £200,000 listing for decrepit home filled with rubbish | Daily Mail Online

Article about a house in Nottingham. 

The Daily Mail title as 'House near Mansfield'

Because obviously the entirely normal and not at all unusual thing to say if you live in Nottingham is 'oh yes, I live near Mansfield'

I suppose next they will be reporting London as 'a settlement near Luton' 

• Lol 1

Frank Hovis

I say I say I say, when is a bungalow not a bungalow?

When it has three storeys!

0_DSC_8635.jpg

Idylic 1930s style three-storey bungalow in Plymouth offers stunning views of Dartmoor

The three-storey bungalow, which has a basement and attic rooms, is on sale for the first time in forty years

0_DSC_8667.jpg

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/property/gallery/idylic-1930s-style-three-storey-8452261

£525k to you.

• Lol 4

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/135467201#/?channel=RES_BUY

Dread to think how much they've spent on this, but regardless I can't see it selling for even a third of that price.

Just did a quick Google, it's owned by the director of an insurance underwriter. Who said insurance isn't a racket?

I suppose the valuation/asking price comes more from the land: 45 acres not with the AONB and right next to Tunbridge Wells.

• Agree 1

One percent
1 hour ago, spunko said:

Dread to think how much they've spent on this, but regardless I can't see it selling for even a third of that price.

Just did a quick Google, it's owned by the director of an insurance underwriter. Who said insurance isn't a racket?

I suppose the valuation/asking price comes more from the land: 45 acres not with the AONB and right next to Tunbridge Wells.

I’m particularly impressed with the wine room. Do you think the wine is included?   :)

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m particularly impressed with the wine room. Do you think the wine is included?   :)

Should be, looks to only be about 6 months supply there :Beer:

• Cheers 1

Call me nuts but I rather like this.....the sloped ceiling in the living room with whatever you call that style of wood - I know it's very much "of it's time" but rather than paint over it and try to make it look ultra modern I'd actually lean into it and try and furnish it with similarly retro things. Reminds me slightly of old Frank Lloyd Wright interiors Iv'e seen.

The fireplace kitchen and bathroom would have to go however, and I imagine something that 'old' looking wouldn't be to most people's taste so might be difficult to sell on...

16 Rannoch Road, Holywood - PropertyPal

16 Rannoch Road 5 of 18

16 Rannoch Road 7 of 18

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 2

One percent
6 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Call me nuts but I rather like this.....the sloped ceiling in the living room with whatever you call that style of wood - I know it's very much "of it's time" but rather than paint over it and try to make it look ultra modern I'd actually lean into it and try and furnish it with similarly retro things. Reminds me slightly of old Frank Lloyd Wright interiors Iv'e seen.

The fireplace kitchen and bathroom would have to go however, and I imagine something that 'old' looking wouldn't be to most people's taste so might be difficult to sell on...

16 Rannoch Road 5 of 18

16 Rannoch Road 7 of 18

Bloody hell, it’s oppressive. It will feel like the ceiling is coming down on you.  

edit to add, it’s very nice though and cheap.  

Edited by One percent

Heart's Ease
2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

16 Rannoch Road 5 of 18

16 Rannoch Road 7 of 18

Mid century modern feel with the teak ceiling and windows in the dining room.

I'm here for it!

Democorruptcy
12 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

16 Rannoch Road 5 of 18

16 Rannoch Road 7 of 18

All that glass makes it light, despite the dark roof but would make it a bugger to heat.

I can't make the floorplan out, no garage on it? Is that and part of the house flat roof?

On 31/05/2023 at 10:47, spunko said:

The Bulldog statues are OK, but I am a little concerned about the other one...is this part of their sexual peccadilloes?!

On 01/06/2023 at 19:10, JoeDavola said:

Agree, wooden interior treatment can often look dated but here I think it looks quite contemporary.

King Penda
On 31/05/2023 at 12:46, One percent said:

Be a right job filling it with crates of lout

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

belfastchild

Would need to check the insulation (and if there is enough gap to fit more) and the age of the double glazing. Might be a bastard to heat in winter as it looks as though the big amount of glass is west facing? At least it will get the sun in the evening and heat the place during the summer.
I dont mind the ceiling. If you could really be arsed, sand it back and give a clear treatment. Light wooden floor would sort that out and light walls, the carpets and walls are light for a reason.
Its an old persons house and bordering on the hasnt been maintained in a while. Garden tidy up, clean the eaves, paint the inside etc.
The kitchen is galley style for an old person to negotiate without the need of walking frame, handholds etc. Bathroom is sort of liveable if its clean but would be first on the list to do if everything else is ok (Id keep the kitchen as is for a while).
Opposite the junction so you need the high hedge at night/winter as headlights will come directly into the living room.

belfastchild
On 01/06/2023 at 19:15, One percent said:

edit to add, it’s very nice though and cheap.  

Its expensive. About 60k too much. But it is in Holywood and that has a premium in certain parts away from the Army base.

• Informative 1

One percent
32 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Its expensive. About 60k too much. But it is in Holywood and that has a premium in certain parts away from the Army base.

We’ve had a mad surge of blow ins and full. So would be 500k here.  And there’s little decent work 

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
ashestoashes
45 minutes ago, eek said:

No one from Darlo posted this one yet?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/135591404#/?channel=RES_BUY

Just under 3 million pounds (so only 3x the highest price I think has ever been achieved in Darlo) and you don't get a garage just allocated parking alongside the other houses...

how are you going to change the oil without a garage ? It's a no from me

Frank Hovis
56 minutes ago, eek said:

No one from Darlo posted this one yet?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/135591404#/?channel=RES_BUY

Just under 3 million pounds (so only 3x the highest price I think has ever been achieved in Darlo) and you don't get a garage just allocated parking alongside the other houses...

Isn't that strange?

If you had three million to buy a country house, which is how this is being marketed, then surely you would want one out in the verdant tranquility of the countryside and not jammed up against a road and loads of houses.

Surely they would have been better advised to convert this into a lot of retirements flats instead?  The individual bedrooms are considerably larger than my first flat and the beds looks absolutely lost within them.

250961_YRK012339905_IMG_26_0000.jpeg

250961_YRK012339905_IMG_11_0000.jpeg

• Agree 1

One percent
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Isn't that strange?

If you had three million to buy a country house, which is how this is being marketed, then surely you would want one out in the verdant tranquility of the countryside and not jammed up against a road and loads of houses.

Surely they would have been better advised to convert this into a lot of retirements flats instead?  The individual bedrooms are considerably larger than my first flat and the beds looks absolutely lost within them.

250961_YRK012339905_IMG_26_0000.jpeg

250961_YRK012339905_IMG_11_0000.jpeg

And you get to live in pikey central.  xD

• Lol 1

Frank Hovis
6 minutes ago, One percent said:

And you get to live in pikey central.  xD

I didn't know the area so couldn't comment but it does seem a very poor decision by the developer.

Even if it was a good area I wouldn't want such a huge house and grounds right by loads of other housing.

There is one right in the middle of Helston similar to that, I wouldn't buy that either.

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Too many doors into it. I’d knock the whole of that mess into one.  

On the bright side it does have an ACA.

they need a much better photographer. Without studying the floorplan i would have discarded it immediately for the lack of cooking facilities.

• Agree 1