DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

Democorruptcy
1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

fed by London escape money, Anglesey is popular now, unique property finished to a high standard

I was just looking at my Cemaes photos to see if I had one of the house with Wylfa Nuclear. Here you go:

angorfa.jpg

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I was just looking at my Cemaes photos to see if I had one of the house with Wylfa Nuclear. Here you go:

angorfa.jpg

that explains it, think of the money to be made renting it out to the senior management of the new station construction

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Oh, had this one on another thread.

Belongs on here.

Been floating about like an unflushed turd for years.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/122305337#/?channel=RES_BUY

https://www.thestar.co.uk/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/see-inside-this-6-bed-7-bathroom-ps3m-yorkshire-super-mansion-with-its-own-car-showroom-and-pool-2853808

b25lY21zOmMzYWFlOGMzLTE1M2MtNDYzYi1iZWZj

One if those - How can you spend soo much and end up with something soo tacky?

Be ok in Miami.

Wakey? nah.

Nice garage floor. Tidy.

Interesting article here, odd numbered houses sell for more typically than even.

How to change your house name

https://archive.vn/xkPY4

I dislike the trend of naming houses personally, unless it's a unique build or quite an old building etc. Naming a slavebox "Oakview" just always seemed like a redundant and slightly corny exercise to me.

There are quite a few "Pest Houses" round my way, and throughout the SE. Not sure if it's true but I heard it was a shortened version of Pestilence House, where they treated plague victims, basically a forerunner to the hospital. I'd definitely rename that.

• Informative 1

Chewing Grass
Just now, spunko said:

There are quite a few "Pest Houses" round my way, and throughout the SE. Not sure if it's true but I heard it was a shortened version of Pestilence House, where they treated plague victims, basically a forerunner to the hospital. I'd definitely rename that.

So you are in favour of grafldually re-writing history then.

Anyone with a low budget wanting a cheap, small, and quirky starter home in south Devon this is it.

Under auction, started at £70k now £77k.  Auction fees aren't bad at £1,250.

34607-Olde%20Toll%20House%20(newer).jpg

A charming detached thatched Toll House for updating. This unique single storey property is believed to date back to 1758 and is situated in the popular East Devon village of Newton Poppleford, which is only four miles from the popular seaside town of Sidmouth.

The property is likely to be of interest to a home owner or those looking for a lock-up and leave bolt hole. It could also be of interest to investment purchasers.

Accommodation

Entrance porch, living room with open attic space, kitchen, shower room and bedroom.

Outside

Rear paving to log store area.

https://www.cliveemson.co.uk/properties/239/3/

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Anyone with a low budget wanting a cheap, small, and quirky starter home in south Devon this is it.

Under auction, started at £70k now £77k.  Auction fees aren't bad at £1,250.

34607-Olde%20Toll%20House%20(newer).jpg

A charming detached thatched Toll House for updating. This unique single storey property is believed to date back to 1758 and is situated in the popular East Devon village of Newton Poppleford, which is only four miles from the popular seaside town of Sidmouth.

The property is likely to be of interest to a home owner or those looking for a lock-up and leave bolt hole. It could also be of interest to investment purchasers.

Accommodation

Entrance porch, living room with open attic space, kitchen, shower room and bedroom.

Outside

Rear paving to log store area.

https://www.cliveemson.co.uk/properties/239/3/

Address: Ye Olde Toll House, High Street, Newton Poppleford, Sidmouth, EX10 0BD
Type: Other
Tenure: Freehold
New build: No
Estimated value: £163,500
Links: Map icon Price map Wikipedia icon (Sidmouth)
Transaction type: Additional price paid transaction

Registered sales:

Date Sold Price Paid Nominal change Real change
08 Sep 2017 £118,000 5.4% -19.0%
09 Apr 2009 £112,000 * 25.8% 15.0%
10 Oct 2005 £89,000 * 154.3% 131.4%
26 Jul 2002 £35,000 * n/a n/a
  • Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...
Lightly Toasted
On 17/01/2023 at 10:16, Frank Hovis said:

I know at least one sale that fell through because of rent a roof panels.

Solicitors now have to complete a mortgage checklist for lenders and there is no discretion allowed.  All yes / clear or the mortgage application fails.

Most mortgage lenders will not lend if there is already a lease on the property, as there is with rent a roof solar.  The contracts are usually more onerous than you would think with the householder who has signed the roof lease required to pay the expected tariffs if the panels are removed even temporarily, e.g. for repairing the roof.

In the case I know the initial installer had sold all the leases and panel income to another company before winding up. I had teh impression that this was typical; one wants to make money qucikly and the other wants a long, guaranteed, RPI inflating revenue stream.

The seller and solicitor had both tried to contact this second company but were unable to do so.

The only suggestion the solicitor could give for the checklist to be completed and the mortgage company to lend was that the existing homeower, who had signed the lease, remove the panels from the roof and place them in the garden so that the new buyer would not have the panels on the roof when they bought and would not be signing a lease.

Meaning that the seller would have to unilaterally break teh lease and then potentially be on the hook for the anticipated revenue stream from the panels, which inflates at RPI annually.  As an estaimte this would have 15 years to go, woudl be paying £500 a year inflating so the seller woudl potentially have to stump up up to ten grand if the company which had bought the revenue stream pursued them.

The seller unsurprisingly did not want to do this and the solicitor would not sign the mortgage checklist without it.

Stalemate and the person I knew bought a different house instead.

That particular house would only sell with a cash buyer up to the point when there is litle time left on the lease, two years maybe, and the seller isn't then going to risk the sale for the sake of a potential laibility of, say, £1,500 so will be prepared to remove the panels.

Interesting. I wonder if you are prohibited from covering the panels :D

• Informative 1

55 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

Interesting. I wonder if you are prohibited from covering the panels :D

Yes I think that you would be on the hook for that.

The lease includes a provision where you have to make good the anticipated income if you cause the problem.

If the income drops because the panels produce less as they age.

What is less clear to me is the position where there is accidental damage or if shading occurs from a nearby new development or a tree growing in height.

Shading can have a massive negative effect upon generation but if it's from someone else's house or tree then the householder who has signed the lease isn't responsible.  I'm surprised that I haven't been reading about such cases and the only ones I know are where I have a personal connection.

• Informative 1

A most overpriced shithole:

3 bedroomed ex council east Norwich NR7 £220,000

1 of 15

I know this estate well as it is where I grew up and the house I was raised in was similar. These are very sturdy houses. This one was maybe built in the late 1950s or early 1960s. In fact our family house sold for £185k in 2021. This one is in similar condition and is on for another £35k. The sellers are deluded. Perhaps if it was modernised then it could sell for the current asking price.

Lightly Toasted
1 hour ago, UmBongo said:

A most overpriced shithole:

3 bedroomed ex council east Norwich NR7 £220,000

1 of 15

I know this estate well as it is where I grew up and the house I was raised in was similar. These are very sturdy houses. This one was maybe built in the late 1950s or early 1960s. In fact our family house sold for £185k in 2021. This one is in similar condition and is on for another £35k. The sellers are deluded. Perhaps if it was modernised then it could sell for the current asking price.

Reminds me of the first house I bought in London, taking advantage of the early 90s HPC and my ill-gotten gains from contracting in Holland and France. With hindsight I should have leveraged up, of course. Still, I liked it there. Ex-council 1970s-built & not at all bad for what it was.

Here is a similar one on the same estate:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/129722165#/?channel=RES_BUY

NAV220141_10.thumb.webp.0dd58ea8c687642ccdb2bf05fe2fe55b.webp

I bought mine for 75k in 1993. I can scarcely believe what these are marketed for today (575k above).

• Agree 4
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 1

On 21/01/2023 at 12:43, spygirl said:

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/19848106.hornblower-lodge-rare-historic-property-sale-whitby/

13377505.jpg?type=mds-article-962

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/130663496#/?channel=RES_BUY

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/4389240/cliff-top-home-north-sea-views-for-sale-whitby-north-yorkshire-525k/

Luckily for their sole neighbour, they won't be woken at all hours by the sound of foghorns as the horns no longer sound.

They sold the building to a private owner in 1992, who in turn sold it to the Evans'.

The main house, appropriately called Hornblower Lodge, has a kitchen/dining room, snug sitting room and three bedrooms, and there is also a one-bedroom annexe and a one-bedroom cottage, both currently used as holiday lets.

There is also a disused swimming pool in the garden, a small paddock and garage.

Mr Evans, 50, said: "One of the best bits about the Whitby foghorn station is the beauty of its location. We are lucky to be next to both coast and country, so really we have the best of both worlds.

And the fuckwit has been tryign to sell it ever since.

This is his nth time.

Heres why - 

DhfFdg_XcAA-zrq?format=jpg&name=900x900

A1-Whitby-Foghorn-Buildings-To-The-Right

Address: Hornblower Lodge, ,
Hawsker
Whitby, YO22 4JY
Type: Detached
Tenure: Freehold
New build: No
Estimated value: £689,500
Links: Map icon Price map Wikipedia icon (Whitby)
Transaction type: Standard price paid transaction

Registered sales:

Date Sold Price Paid Nominal
change
Real
change
04 Oct 2007 £495,000 n/a n/a

Almost forgot.

https://www.auctionhouse.co.uk/northeast/auction/past-auctions

1 8 Wentworth Street, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS1 4ET Sold for £70,000.
2 24 Clifford Terrace, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH3 3JN Sold for £65,000.
3 388 Geneva Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 4HG Sold for £74,000.
4 71 Chichester Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE33 4AE Sold for £42,000.
5 Hornblower Lodge, Hawsker, Whitby, NORTH YORKSHIRE, YO22 4JY Unsold. Contact the auctioneer.
6 13 Arcadia, Ouston, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH2 1RF Sold for £31,000.
7 25 Southwell Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS5 6QB Sold for £82,000.
8 15 Edgefield, West Allotment, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE27 0BT Sold post auction for an undisclosed amount.
9 26 Ketton Avenue, Darlington, County Durham, DL3 0AT Withdrawn Prior.
10 195 Baltic Quay, Mill Road, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE8 3QZ Unsold. The bidding reached £120,000. Contact the auctioneer.
11 18 Evesham Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS3 7EU Sold for £63,500.
12 26 White Hill Road, Easington Lane, Houghton le Spring, Tyne and Wear, DH5 0PA Sold for £71,000.
13 18 Leamington Grove, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS3 0PH Sold for £83,000.
14 20 Ouselaw, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 0TL Unsold. The bidding reached £109,500. Contact the auctioneer.
15 4 Draycott Avenue, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS5 8EP Sold for £132,000.
16 4 Pine Street, Grange Villa, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH2 3LX Sold post auction for an undisclosed amount.
17 23 Mount Pleasant, Guisborough, Cleveland, TS14 6RA Sold for £55,000.
17A 24 Dent Street, Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS26 8AY Sold for £38,000.
18 20 Pine Street, Grange Villa, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH2 3LX Sold post auction for an undisclosed amount.
19 10 Stainton Street, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS3 6QF Sold for £40,500.
20 49 West Street, Grange Villa, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH2 3LP Sold post auction for an undisclosed amount.
21 7 Carlow Street, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS1 4SE Sold for £51,000.
22 5 Shaftesbury Street, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland, TS18 3EL Sold for £64,000.
23 195 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, AB11 9NE Withdrawn Prior.

@One percent

• Informative 1

One percent
34 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Almost forgot.

https://www.auctionhouse.co.uk/northeast/auction/past-auctions

1 8 Wentworth Street, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS1 4ET Sold for £70,000.
2 24 Clifford Terrace, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH3 3JN Sold for £65,000.
3 388 Geneva Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 4HG Sold for £74,000.
4 71 Chichester Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE33 4AE Sold for £42,000.
5 Hornblower Lodge, Hawsker, Whitby, NORTH YORKSHIRE, YO22 4JY Unsold. Contact the auctioneer.
6 13 Arcadia, Ouston, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH2 1RF Sold for £31,000.
7 25 Southwell Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS5 6QB Sold for £82,000.
8 15 Edgefield, West Allotment, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE27 0BT Sold post auction for an undisclosed amount.
9 26 Ketton Avenue, Darlington, County Durham, DL3 0AT Withdrawn Prior.
10 195 Baltic Quay, Mill Road, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE8 3QZ Unsold. The bidding reached £120,000. Contact the auctioneer.
11 18 Evesham Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS3 7EU Sold for £63,500.
12 26 White Hill Road, Easington Lane, Houghton le Spring, Tyne and Wear, DH5 0PA Sold for £71,000.
13 18 Leamington Grove, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS3 0PH Sold for £83,000.
14 20 Ouselaw, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 0TL Unsold. The bidding reached £109,500. Contact the auctioneer.
15 4 Draycott Avenue, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS5 8EP Sold for £132,000.
16 4 Pine Street, Grange Villa, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH2 3LX Sold post auction for an undisclosed amount.
17 23 Mount Pleasant, Guisborough, Cleveland, TS14 6RA Sold for £55,000.
17A 24 Dent Street, Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS26 8AY Sold for £38,000.
18 20 Pine Street, Grange Villa, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH2 3LX Sold post auction for an undisclosed amount.
19 10 Stainton Street, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS3 6QF Sold for £40,500.
20 49 West Street, Grange Villa, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH2 3LP Sold post auction for an undisclosed amount.
21 7 Carlow Street, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS1 4SE Sold for £51,000.
22 5 Shaftesbury Street, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland, TS18 3EL Sold for £64,000.
23 195 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, AB11 9NE Withdrawn Prior.

@One percent

Couldn’t even shift it auction.  

26 minutes ago, One percent said:

Couldn’t even shift it auction.  

Unbid is the important bit.

Next auction - pile of bricks at bottom of hawsker cliffs ...

• Informative 1

One percent
16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Unbid is the important bit.

Next auction - pile of bricks at bottom of hawsker cliffs ...

Wow. Not one greater fool.  Wonder what the reserve was. 

hey @Stueydon't think yer spreadsheets are working too well dude, check the above and compare with previous sale prices

#northeastfukked man! xD

ie no 5 has gone from £113k in 2007 to 64k now

Screenshot from 2023-03-01 18-19-45.png

Screenshot from 2023-03-01 18-19-14.png

Edited by nirvana

One percent

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/britain-most-expensive-home-saudi-owned-london-mansion-on-sale/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter.01.03.23&utm_content

An enormous mansion located in central London has gone on sale for £250 million after a loan secured by its Saudi Arabian owners expired. 

The Holme, which was built in 1818, is now owned by receivers, and would become Britain's most expensive property if the staggering asking price is met.

Set in the heart of London's Regent's Park, the historic 40-bedroom property was built by James Burton, but has been owned by the Saudis since the 1980s. 

The 29,000-square foot mansion also offers a huge dining room, library, tennis court, eight garages, a sauna and luxury elevators.

image.jpeg.1d01ce6b1faa01d39f4d00b7d3726c92.jpeg

2 hours ago, nirvana said:

hey @Stueydon't think yer spreadsheets are working too well dude, check the above and compare with previous sale prices

#northeastfukked man! xD

ie no 5 has gone from £113k in 2007 to 64k now

Screenshot from 2023-03-01 18-19-45.png

Screenshot from 2023-03-01 18-19-14.png

To give Stuey some credit, the areas outside Stockton n boro are far nicer than youd think.

Iirc study lives in greater Stockton rather than the centre.

For whatever reason, the boro scum dont seem to travel far in their areas.

• Informative 1

One percent
11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

To give Stuey some credit, the areas outside Stockton n boro are far nicer than youd think.

Iirc study lives in greater Stockton rather than the centre.

For whatever reason, the boro scum dont seem to travel far in their areas.

They fucking travel as far as here.  o.O