DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

On 18/03/2023 at 14:04, MrXxxx said:

What made me laugh:

'As Whernside is one of the Three Peaks, there is plenty of traffic passing by the house. The estate agents say it could be the perfect site for a bunkhouse or refreshment stop on the route, as well as a home. '

So you have a £300k shell, you charge 'campers' to use your bunkhouse at £10 a night, to get a 5% yield [before expenses/tax etc] you would need 1500 person nights. Divide this between 12 months and you need 125/month or ~4 people per night every night....perhaps it should be marketed as "Perfect Covid lockdown business opportunity"!

Having walked the Yorks three peaks, I remember this house, the past runs literally past the front door. No privacy. 

That said the farms and burger vans etc already lining the route seem to do a roaring trade in the summer. Forget the lodging as too much hassle, sell tea, cake and burgers. 

Needs to be on the market at 150k really. Wonder if it goes to auction. 

• Informative 2

Frank Hovis
41 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Shows how estate agents' photos distort the reality: it all looks smaller and worse in the video. 

Nice of them to point out the road right next to it. I'd triple glaze. 

I would say that the address gives it away, that's a busy road.

The Laurels, Watling Street

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Shows how estate agents' photos distort the reality: it all looks smaller and worse in the video. 

Nice of them to point out the road right next to it. I'd triple glaze. 

Yeah looking beyond the daft woman, and watchign the level of traffic going by o nthe road, sorry, dual carriage way.

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis

This is another one of those deliberately low "come and get me" stupidly low auction prices.

Plymouth's cheapest property currently on the market is due to go to auction next month and according to one expert the new buyer could easily double their money. The ground floor flat is located in Camborne Close, Whitleigh, and will be auctioned off on April 4.

Although a full refurbishment will be required, Auction House South West's area manager Olivia Boulting believes the property could make around £70,000 if the new buyer was to sell it on after doing it up. She told PlymouthLive: "It wouldn't take a lot for someone to refurbish it and then rent it back out or just sell it on.

"It's due to go to auction on April 4 so it's not too long to go but it's probably our most popular lot that we've got in this auction so far. As an investment for someone, with the £25,000 to £35,000 guide price, I think the local agents have said this could get around £70,000 at resale so there is definitely profit to be made."

However I'm posting it because of the utter state of it.  I assume it was waist high with rubbish which they have cleared but then instead of spending another couple of days, admittedly highly unpleasant, cleaning it up they have just stopped. 

That could cost them £10k or more.  Why would you (not) do that?  Or pay for contract cleaners to do that?

0_Plymouths-cheapest-property-could-make

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/gallery/cheapest-house-plymouth-could-make-8286819

• Agree 1
  • Vomit 7

12 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

However I'm posting it because of the utter state of it.  I assume it was waist high with rubbish which they have cleared but then instead of spending another couple of days, admittedly highly unpleasant, cleaning it up they have just stopped. 

That could cost them £10k or more.  Why would you (not) do that?  Or pay for contract cleaners to do that?

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/gallery/cheapest-house-plymouth-could-make-8286819

It is disgusting, looks like rats been running around it. I read the comments, seems the man died and someone knew him as a lovely man. Maybe died there, maybe no family to clear out the house... 

All the same, if some young people can save themselves £10K, £20K or whatever, just by being prepared to gut/clean the place themselves, then it's fine being a mess! 

• Agree 2

Frank Hovis

Well that's a very nice summerhouse, where though is the £450k house?

3917_CR983_IMG_05_0000.jpeg

4 Little Treverrow has the best location on the small site of 12 similar Scandinavian Lodges. Set at the end of the development it has privacy from the rest of the site. The glazed front elevation and decking have a panoramic view down onto fields with the Estuary in the distance.

And as to heating bills, well what a surprise given that it is a wooden shed with big windows.

image.png.2bd9efd60565ff2449cec2bd085471d7.png

image.png.a8a45ce211c99ae94f3c58944168c888.png

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/131211929#/?channel=RES_BUY

• Lol 3

This house hits quite a few of my wants in a house but alas no fucking off road parking and it’s got a fucking pond. It even has a cellar it’s not small close to 1500 sq foot fuck.https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/130381262?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
41 minutes ago, King Penda said:

This house hits quite a few of my wants in a house but alas no fucking off road parking and it’s got a fucking pond. It even has a cellar it’s not small close to 1500 sq foot fuck.https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/130381262?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY

Nice to see they de-cluttered for the photographs.

• Lol 5

15 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Nice to see they de-cluttered for the photographs.

Could have filled the cellar . They must like fish first thing I’d do is see if any of the neighbours want to buy that section of the garden 

3F68749B-E90F-487D-AF0A-E779BFAD83C4.jpeg

Edited by King Penda

Frank Hovis
14 hours ago, King Penda said:

That's an amazing house for that frontage, and what a garden.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's an amazing house for that frontage, and what a garden.

I’d actually try and sell the top bit with the fish pond . To do anything it looks like you’ve got to drag shit through the house or over the neighbours fence.it’s not small 1485 sq foot.probably get it for 145k it’s what I call very adaptable 

Frank Hovis
3 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I’d actually try and sell the top bit with the fish pond . To do anything it looks like you’ve got to drag shit through the house or over the neighbours fence.it’s not small 1485 sq foot.probably get it for 145k it’s what I call very adaptable 

Keep it, whatever your lack of interest in it there will come the time when you wish to sell it and many people will go "Oh great, a lovely fish pond".

• Agree 2

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Keep it, whatever your lack of interest in it there will come the time when you wish to sell it and many people will go "Oh great, a lovely fish pond".

2 things will cause you problems fostering one is a pond another is having a firearms certificate.both safety issues .but that might have just been the local council family a friends fostering agency to be fair .the daftest of things can cause you problems 

Joncrete Cungle
2 hours ago, King Penda said:

2 things will cause you problems fostering one is a pond another is having a firearms certificate.both safety issues .but that might have just been the local council family a friends fostering agency to be fair .the daftest of things can cause you problems 

Put a potemkin fence up at the bottom of the garden to hide the pond from the fostering police? Use the panels from that fence to replace knackered fence panels in your real boundary fence when required?

Think of it as a stash of fence panels.....

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
Caravan Monster
On 01/04/2023 at 18:01, King Penda said:

What's with the big steels under the dining room floor? Do they keep the Uranium or an elephant in there?

• Lol 1

Chewing Grass
3 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

What's with the big steels under the dining room floor? Do they keep the Uranium or an elephant in there?

They are old pitch pine, the darkening of the wood makes them look like steel, pretty much rot proof.

Nice Timbers.

• Informative 2

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

They are old pitch pine, the darkening of the wood makes them look like steel, pretty much rot proof.

Nice Timbers.

Original or not has the wood is different on some beams how old would you guess the house is 1880 ish ?

Edited by King Penda