DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

1 hour ago, Onsamui said:

Jim Cramer was pushing this days' ago a as a 'buy'.  He does it every time.

We have our own 'Jim Cramer' on here, but he/she will remain nameless! :-)

• Lol 3

I used to love a good old THIS IS IT!! collapse, but now I’ve got 50k in my pension and maxing contributions each month it’s not quite so exciting

This is going to cause quite some trauma

Edited by F150
  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm not worried, I'm poised

I read that as I'm not worried, I'm pissed. 

But then I have just got back from the pub so that's probably just me. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

The message this tells for those who want to listen is there is no money to be made in future growth right now.

Agree, and if they were watching the charts over the last year they have had [from what I can see], four warnings since Jan 2022 that the 'game is up'!

image.png.650340a9f0779dd3e95049297831a8a4.png

• Agree 1

A tremendous # on the lung
3 hours ago, Majorpain said:

if the Fed prints Trillions of $ treasuries who is going to buy them?

The Fed? 

• Lol 2

HousePriceMania
25 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

THE AGE OF THE BANK IS OVER!

Are you talking about Linker or did you spell Bank correctly ?

15 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Me too:

Sad last moments of mouse as hungry cat prepares to pounce | Daily Mail  Online

Which one are you ?

• Lol 3

Uk gdp reading was strong. I’m thinking 5.5% we are headed to base rate minimum now. Will be a Dreadful time for leveraged io BTL 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 2

desertorchid
28 minutes ago, WICAO said:

I'm not sure if many of the readers of this thread are pursuing FIRE but some of you may remember my musings from TOS about my journey to FIRE.  I've had a few people ask me for a general update as it's been a while so I've jotted (into the interwebs rather than a physical jotter xD) down some thoughts covering location, work, relationships, housing and finances.  This is the link and @spunko if inappropriate please feel free to delete.

Nice post. Congratulations.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

Nice post. Congratulations.

Cheers.  It reminds me of the saying you have to break a few eggs if you want to make an omelette.  People talk about decompression post FIRE and I have heard durations like 6 to 12 months mentioned a few times.  It really has taken me nearly 4 or so years to figure things out so I'm maybe an outlier.  Maybe it's linked to how tight we are linked to our Career/Job/Work...

I'm still 100% convinced FIRE was the right path for me but I won't lie - it's been a tough road.  Of course others mileage may vary.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 3

desertorchid
42 minutes ago, WICAO said:

Cheers.  It reminds me of the saying you have to break a few eggs if you want to make an omelette.  People talk about decompression post FIRE and I have heard durations like 6 to 12 months mentioned a few times.  It really has taken me nearly 4 or so years to figure things out so I'm maybe an outlier.  Maybe it's linked to how tight we are linked to our Career/Job/Work...

I'm still 100% convinced FIRE was the right path for me but I won't lie - it's been a tough road.  Of course others mileage may vary.

Could you expand a little on the decompression . I will FIRE in next 18 months but know my job (teaching) defines me and is very intense in term time. On the flip side having long holidays means i understand what its like to be free from the daily grind for a bit, i am interested in your comments on the relationship. Was it just spending more time together that changed mostly or did you become different people? Well done for stumbling through it

• Agree 2