DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

On 11/03/2023 at 17:38, Noallegiance said:

Exactly the convo me an Mrs N were having this week. Movies on DVD. We still have most of our collection but I'm gradually getting ones I want like Wrath of Khan, Where Eagles Dare, Matrix, Predator for examples.

When power outages happen if you've got all your movies 'in the cloud' it's not much good. I want some classics to show the kids.

Same with my music it's all on thumb drives not a streaming service.

If it's a power outage how are you going to watch your DVDs?

I have a fair few CDs and DVDs from years ago and I am slowly ripping them to hard drive so I can store the actual disks somewhere else as I need the space in my flat. Or at least chucking out the plastic boxes and keeping the disks in a ring binder.

If you want some particular film I don't understand the point of paying $$$ on ebay. Why not just torrent it? Then you could even burn it to a physical DVD if that;s a consideration for you.

• Agree 2

desertorchid
7 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Total fucking banking scam.

The system is broken and more moral Hazard bailouts ain't gonna fix it 

It is the collective CB scams over the years which is why society is no longer improving living standards in the West. Just re-arranging of deckchairs as a few grab the spoils.

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

It`s listed as $ everything else is converted at the dollar rate of exchange at the time of purchase whether its blow jobs or £`s 

Take the all time high $ price at that point in time the £ price was what it is today yet the $ price was $200 more than  todays as the exchange rate was $1.30 odd to the £ the stronger the £ vs $ the cheaper it gets in £`s 

Perhaps I was being a bit abstract, I was framing it as gold/PMs are money, everything else is credit/currencies

I get what you mean that's just different currencies being stronger or weaker compared with each other, and still when compared with the spot price (Which has little to do with the physical price)

• Agree 2

Long time lurking
17 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

That is what the Fed is doing but via a repo, not a reverse repo. 

It would help if you actually understood the terms you are using.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/RRPONTSYD

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/RPONTSYD

Yep i got the terminology arse backwards but what they are allegedly suggesting right 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

They better be raising rates as a response to this

im going to laugh at so many fucking car brains when the F150 is 180k and they need a 15% loan to buy one

• Agree 1

Red Debt Redemption
31 minutes ago, Loki said:

Gold is priced in whatever you want it to be priced in - USD, GBP, EUR, potatoes, cars, blowjobs

Gold futures/paper...yeah that's USD only

3uoiv2.jpg.aadfae662b50b2ea48a93a1d5bbe6393.jpg

Long time lurking
5 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Gold's approaching $1900!

The pump and dup merchants are out in force on twitter my feed is unreadable and i only follow one gold bug 

I think they think the end is nhig due to SVB 

• Lol 2

1 minute ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

3uoiv2.jpg.aadfae662b50b2ea48a93a1d5bbe6393.jpg

You do realise that owning gold isn't mutually exclusive with owning land/guns/cars/gay raider outfits/literally any thing in existence  xD 

Like I said, the gold is for afterwards....

Edited by Loki
  • Agree 3
  • Lol 1

Long time lurking

That to me sounds like the banks IR`as will be going up regardless of what the FED does with base rates ?

image.png.3f01ba37f87e93011b7265dc851698be.png

• Informative 1

Noallegiance
38 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

If it's a power outage how are you going to watch your DVDs?

I have a fair few CDs and DVDs from years ago and I am slowly ripping them to hard drive so I can store the actual disks somewhere else as I need the space in my flat. Or at least chucking out the plastic boxes and keeping the disks in a ring binder.

If you want some particular film I don't understand the point of paying $$$ on ebay. Why not just torrent it? Then you could even burn it to a physical DVD if that;s a consideration for you.

I have a portable power station

Long time lurking
1 minute ago, marceau said:

Just reading through some of the proposed disability reforms, it's a major shakeup. Looks to be an attempt to get rid of an entire category of 'disability' through removal of any tie in to work. Split along the lines of health (temporary) & disability (permanent), with time as major deciding factor in approach to the former. Anything where improvement is available is going to be up for far more scutiny as time goes on. Regular review, heavy interaction etc.

Looks somewhat similar to the Armed Forces Compensation model, assessment against a scale of conditions with less subjective input. Higher payments to all, with fewer qualifying for long term awards and tighter conditions on temporary awards. 

Still in the rumour mill so take with a pinch of salt, but if true I genuinely can't see them getting it through parliament.

I thought they tried similar a few years ago but it quietly died a slow death ,i can remember a guy i know being thrown off the sick because they filmed him walking x 100 yards to the assessment ,two years later they were back on it 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Long time lurking

I have no idea what this is or it`s authenticity but it sounds scary if true 

He`s got a sense of humour regardless xD

image.png.bc7ef9d5da96900762f82beff738daea.png

• Cheers 3

Red Debt Redemption
4 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

I have a portable power station

Saw one of those secondhand with 400w panels was tempted but the model has high inverter loss. Good short high bursts like cooking so I'd need a 2nd for fridges etc. xD

And they are expensive.

Edited by Red Debt Redemption

Red Debt Redemption
30 minutes ago, Loki said:

You do realise that owning gold isn't mutually exclusive with owning land/guns/cars/gay raider outfits/literally any thing in existence  xD 

Like I said, the gold is for afterwards....

Was reading silver can treat water when left in it so there is some benefit to stacking..

• Lol 1