DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property crash, just maybe it really is different this time (Part 3)

spunko

One percent
6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Restoration drama in Whitby

A townhouse that spent 20 years as an eyesore now dominates the approach into the seaside town of Whitby. Emma Spencer reports. Pictures by Scott Wicking.
By The Newsroom
Published 30th Aug 2014, 06:28 GMT

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/restoration-drama-in-whitby-1835744

Tarted up.

Not sure hwen he tried to sell it.

Maybe 2016ish?

https://theweek.com/97755/eight-of-the-best-properties-for-sale-for-around-800000

LAST UPDATED NOVEMBER 14, 2018

Thistlebank House, Whitby, North Yorkshire. A Grade II-listed Georgian townhouse in a popular seaside town on the edge of the North York Moors National Park. The house dates from 1801 and has decorative wrought-iron gates and an imperial staircase leading from the front garden to the entrance hall. It also has a one-bed basement flat and a rear courtyard garden. 6 beds. 4 baths, 2 receps, games room, kitchen, breakfast room. £750,000 Savills 01904-617820.

Too cheap ....

Peek inside this beautifully updated Whitby property that's on the market

This Georgian townhouse in the heart of Whitby is a sizeable property that has been refurbished to stunning effect.

By Sally Burton

Published 22nd Feb 2023, 15:19 GMT

Updated 22nd Feb 2023, 15:20 GMT

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/peek-inside-this-beautifully-updated-whitby-property-thats-on-the-market-4037464

Thistle Bank, Whitby, is for sale at £895,000 with Croft Residential, York.

No back garden, no off street parking and scratters coming out of the Revolution pissed at all hours 

25 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

hahah you wish.

I dont mean they've removed the live ones :Old: Just that most of the Under Offers have gone. Sadly I didnt take note of how many there were before.

leonardratso
5 minutes ago, spunko said:

I dont mean they've removed the live ones :Old: Just that most of the Under Offers have gone. Sadly I didnt take note of how many there were before.

i was on about blowing your own trumpet, pet.

Jonty Willis the turd could no doubt show you how.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

Axeman123

Halifax becomes fourth major lender to up mortgage interest rates today in shock to brokers

Speaking to news agency Newspage, Darryl Dhoffer, adviser at The Mortgage Expert, said: “Are we missing something here? Swap rates are reducing yet lenders are increasing mortgage rates. There's no logic to mortgage pricing right now.”

:Jumping:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/halifax-becomes-fourth-major-lender-153550782.html

• Informative 4
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

Google247
7 hours ago, spunko said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/106428314#/?channel=RES_BUY

Has there been a property on the market longer than this?

12 Jan 2024 £2,500,000 £2,000,000
9 Feb 2023 £2,750,000 £2,500,000
19 Feb 2022 £2,500,000 £2,750,000
30 Jun 2021 £3,000,000 £2,500,000
6 May 2021 First seen £3,000,000

Seems a lot of house for the money in the south east. 16000ft2 for 2m

125/ft2 crazy cheap

Need another million to redecorate the place though 

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Google247 said:

Seems a lot of house for the money in the south east. 16000ft2 for 2m

125/ft2 crazy cheap

Need another million to redecorate the place though 

Price of larger houses ie 5000sqft+ have come down loads here in the past year or so.

This one is 12,000 sqft and finally sold the other week after year+ on the market;

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/131977703#/?channel=RES_BUY

I'll bet it sold for quite a bit under asking too ie. £2.25m I'm estimating. Will find out shortly.

• Agree 1

One percent
3 minutes ago, spunko said:

Price of larger houses ie 5000sqft+ have come down loads here in the past year or so.

This one is 12,000 sqft and finally sold the other week after year+ on the market;

I'll bet it sold for quite a bit under asking too ie. £2.25m I'm estimating. Will find out shortly.

Think of the heating costs.  O.o

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

But that's the thing, someone buying that house shouldnt be arsed about the heating costs as they can surely afford it regardless.

It's another symptom of too cheap credit, that people can buy houses that they shouldnt really be able to buy.

11 minutes ago, Loki said:

Does anyone follow land prices?

Not particularly closely but I does look like woodland prices have gone up lately on Woodlands.co.uk.

https://www.woodlands.co.uk/buying-a-wood/south-east-england/arun-wood#12/50.8468/-0.58004

3.5 acres would have cost you about 50k a few years ago.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 3

Chewing Grass
6 minutes ago, spunko said:

Still 1 Million for the Pikey Chicken Shed if you fancy a move up North, however its grim up here and like New Zealand a one way financial ticket unless the SE self-immolates.

Front Elevation

• Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Still 1 Million for the Pikey Chicken Shed if you fancy a move up North, however its grim up here and like New Zealand a one way financial ticket unless the SE self-immolates.

Front Elevation

Going by the lack of grass and excessive use of gravel and paving I would suggest they're angling for an ethnic buyer :S

jamtomorrow
14 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

Swap rates are reducing yet lenders are increasing mortgage rates. There's no logic to mortgage pricing right now.

Stuey must condemn

• Lol 1

Onsamui
9 hours ago, One percent said:

My thoughts too.  

9 hours ago, spunko said:

Going by the lack of grass and excessive use of gravel and paving I would suggest they're angling for an ethnic buyer :S

No curb appeal at all!

• Agree 2

belfastchild
9 hours ago, spunko said:

Not particularly closely but I does look like woodland prices have gone up lately on Woodlands.co.uk.

https://www.woodlands.co.uk/buying-a-wood/south-east-england/arun-wood#12/50.8468/-0.58004

3.5 acres would have cost you about 50k a few years ago.

@Loki Was about 6-7k an acre a few years ago over here. Went to look at a conifer woodland a few years ago 22k for just over 6 acres. Quite dense, arsehole of nowhere. Would have taken quite a few years to get it to where I wanted to go (probably about now really - should have bought it!).
Now at least 12k an acre, if you can find them.

Woodlands mode of operation (over here at least) is to buy larger areas and split them up into smaller packages including sticking a covenant on them. They had quite a few patches over here that went unsold until covid then most were bought up, the only one or two left are part of an island in fermanagh and some place in the arsehole of nowhere in Derry but they are close to 20k an acre now.

Looked at buying rough ground/ag land over here for years but even buying 20 acres plus you arent getting it for less than 10-12k an acre. Smaller patches go for ridiculous money as people are looking half an acre to put their pony on, or plan a development ffs. EA told me to buy a 20+ acre bit and split it up and sell the individual patches. Sounded too much like normal EA talk for houses!
Considering how much you can rent it out for as ag land, can only really be land bankers hoping for rezoning at some point.

Im limited to where I can buy here because of the whole religious thing. EA asked me where I came from first day I made serious enquiries about land near me. Despite being a cash buyer and vendor keen to sell the EA said they wouldnt sell to me even if they were destitute etc.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

sleepwello'nights
19 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Im limited to where I can buy here because of the whole religious thing. EA asked me where I came from first day I made serious enquiries about land near me. Despite being a cash buyer and vendor keen to sell the EA said they wouldnt sell to me even if they were destitute etc.

You can always convert. Not that there's much difference between Catholicism and Protestantism  apart from a few esoteric theological beliefs https://voice.dts.edu/article/7-key-differences-between-protestant-and-catholic-doctrine-del-rosario-mikel/. None of which change the essence of the faith. 

I presume your not of the Jewish or Islamic faiths or other minority religions or some cult. 

belfastchild
4 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

You can always convert. Not that there's much difference between Catholicism and Protestantism  apart from a few esoteric theological beliefs https://voice.dts.edu/article/7-key-differences-between-protestant-and-catholic-doctrine-del-rosario-mikel/. None of which change the essence of the faith. 

I presume your not of the Jewish or Islamic faiths or other minority religions or some cult. 

Im not really anything but that doesnt stop the bigots not wanting 'protestant' land being sold to 'catholics'.

33 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

@Loki Was about 6-7k an acre a few years ago over here. Went to look at a conifer woodland a few years ago 22k for just over 6 acres. Quite dense, arsehole of nowhere. Would have taken quite a few years to get it to where I wanted to go (probably about now really - should have bought it!).
Now at least 12k an acre, if you can find them.

Woodlands mode of operation (over here at least) is to buy larger areas and split them up into smaller packages including sticking a covenant on them. They had quite a few patches over here that went unsold until covid then most were bought up, the only one or two left are part of an island in fermanagh and some place in the arsehole of nowhere in Derry but they are close to 20k an acre now.

Looked at buying rough ground/ag land over here for years but even buying 20 acres plus you arent getting it for less than 10-12k an acre. Smaller patches go for ridiculous money as people are looking half an acre to put their pony on, or plan a development ffs. EA told me to buy a 20+ acre bit and split it up and sell the individual patches. Sounded too much like normal EA talk for houses!
Considering how much you can rent it out for as ag land, can only really be land bankers hoping for rezoning at some point.

Why not just lie about your religion? They don't verify it. 

belfastchild
Just now, spunko said:

Why not just lie about your religion? They don't verify it. 

Youve not been here have you?

They fucking know who you are as soon as you walk through the door!

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

One percent
4 minutes ago, spunko said:

Is @JoeDavola a Catholic too? I don't understand the entire thing. 

I think it will be immaterial when we are all living in a caliphate.   o.O

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1

JoeDavola
43 minutes ago, spunko said:

Is @JoeDavola a Catholic too? I don't understand the entire thing. 

I'm a Prod but I've nothing against Catholics; some of my best friends are Cath.....oh hold on my friends are a bunch of Prods from Larne and East Belfast....um....carry on.... ;)

• Agree 2
  • Lol 4

JoeDavola

Here's a wee story about the political divide in NI.

(For context I'm a Prod but I'm not even really a unionist, nor a republican if I could snap my fingers and make anything happen I'd love a completely economically independent NI but that's another story...)

....anyway, a number of years back I was chatting to someone in work who was someone I'd worked with for years and was friends with. I happened to use the word "mainland" in a sentence, to refer to the body of land that Scotland/England/Wales are on, and his face dropped and he informed me that I shouldn't be using that word that it would cause offence.

A couple months later I was out in a pub with some people from my previous job and I happened to utter the word "mainland" and one of the blokes there, in a joking manner but also clearly wanting to make a point, called me out on it.

It was just a word to refer to a bit of land. I meant nothing by it. Didn't stop those touchy Catholics taking offence! ;)

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Informative 3
  • Lol 1

19 hours ago, spunko said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/106428314#/?channel=RES_BUY

Has there been a property on the market longer than this?

12 Jan 2024 £2,500,000 £2,000,000
9 Feb 2023 £2,750,000 £2,500,000
19 Feb 2022 £2,500,000 £2,750,000
30 Jun 2021 £3,000,000 £2,500,000
6 May 2021 First seen £3,000,000

RM's index according to Charlie are based on initial asking prices only.

So not only do they not track down reductions they obviously don't have the data in their index for actual sold pricing taking account of any negotited discount from their listed pricing.

Which is one of the reasons Charlie hass dedicated so much effort into trying to put together a near real time pricing index (Land Reg is the right price but heavily affected by reporting lags).

• Agree 2