DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

Mandalorian
2 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Cathie Wood bites the corporate carpet to waylay the pain.

It did all go a bit tech bubble back then in 21.

Mish sticks the boot in.

https://mishtalk.com/economics/ark-destroyed-more-wealth-than-any-asset-manager-over-the-previous-decade/

image.png.a50fac8926d79deb2e8112090311535b.png

Investors have pulled a net $2.2 billion from the six actively managed exchange-traded funds at her ARK Investment Management this year, a withdrawal that dwarfs the outflows in all of 2023. Total assets in those funds have dropped 30% in less than four months to $11.1 billion—after peaking at $59 billion in early 2021, when ARK was the world’s largest active ETF manager.

Shares of Tesla, the largest holding, are down almost 45% this year and trading around $142. Wood has been buying the dip and reiterated her moonshot five-year price target of $2,000 in a CNBC appearance earlier this month.

By the end of last year, ARK funds had destroyed more wealth than any other asset manager over the previous decade, losing investors a collective $14.3 billion, according to Morningstar. ARK’s biggest inflows came in the months surrounding the innovation fund’s February 2021 peak, unfortunate timing for many investors.

Skill Assessment

It takes skill to be the worst. Not anyone can do it.

First you have to make wildly speculative bets. Then you need to develop a cult following right at the top. Then you have to make mistake after mistake on the way down.

Granted, she's a 'professional' but to those having a go at her, why not post your own funds (your whole, non edited share portfolio) so we can see how well you are doing...?

First you have to make wildly speculative bets. Then you need to develop a cult following right at the top. Then you have to make mistake after mistake on the way down.

Wise words...

• Agree 2

Mandalorian
7 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Fancy a wager ABRDN beats the S+P over 3 years? Dividends included of course :D ,you win i send you £100 to put in any tracker you choose,i win you send me £100 to put in any Asian i choose.

Nope.  That's you choosing individual shares, which as I have said is a fool's errand.  I'm nothing if not consistent.

I am, however, willing to come back here in 3 years and compare the two.

But

i win you send me £100 to put in any Asian i choose.

Given your tales from the massage parlour, you could have phrased this better.....

• Lol 8

leonardratso

I think the phrasing is succinct and apt.

Anyways £100 in 3 years wont even buy you a loaf of bread.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Agree 7
  • Lol 2

DurhamBorn
3 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Nope.  That's you choosing individual shares, which as I have said is a fool's errand.  I'm nothing if not consistent.

I am, however, willing to come back here in 3 years and compare the two.

But

Given your tales from the massage parlour, you could have phrased this better.....

I phrased it right,any Asian i choose,not any Asian tracker :D .Everyone on this thread will of outperformed the ARK funds since 20 by a country mile.

BATs outperformed those ARK funds by 42% since 20,,

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 2

leonardratso

musky fucks it up and the fanbois give him +13%, zuckerberg fucks it up and he gets shafted good style;

image.png.4885a02e08a25cd46685d3e92c39a851.png

• Bogged 1
  • Lol 5

DurhamBorn
6 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

I think the phrasing is succinct and apt.

Anyways £100 in 3 years wont even buy you a loaf of bread.

Your right ,3 silver Brits .

• Love / Hugz 2
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Mandalorian
1 minute ago, DurhamBorn said:

BATs outperformed those ARK funds by 42% since 20,,

Ad that's saying something xD  Now do the S&P ;)

DurhamBorn
4 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Ad that's saying something xD  Now do the S&P ;)

BATs has underperformed the S+P by around 34% in the same time.

• Informative 4

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

Fancy a wager ABRDN beats the S+P over 3 years? Dividends included of course :D ,you win i send you £100 to put in any tracker you choose,i win you send me £100 to put in any Asian i choose.

image.png.6f495dac809627a37437d859b448f612.png

• Lol 1

3 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Cathie Wood bites the corporate carpet to waylay the pain.

It did all go a bit tech bubble back then in 21.

Mish sticks the boot in.

https://mishtalk.com/economics/ark-destroyed-more-wealth-than-any-asset-manager-over-the-previous-decade/

image.png.a50fac8926d79deb2e8112090311535b.png

Investors have pulled a net $2.2 billion from the six actively managed exchange-traded funds at her ARK Investment Management this year, a withdrawal that dwarfs the outflows in all of 2023. Total assets in those funds have dropped 30% in less than four months to $11.1 billion—after peaking at $59 billion in early 2021, when ARK was the world’s largest active ETF manager.

Shares of Tesla, the largest holding, are down almost 45% this year and trading around $142. Wood has been buying the dip and reiterated her moonshot five-year price target of $2,000 in a CNBC appearance earlier this month.

By the end of last year, ARK funds had destroyed more wealth than any other asset manager over the previous decade, losing investors a collective $14.3 billion, according to Morningstar. ARK’s biggest inflows came in the months surrounding the innovation fund’s February 2021 peak, unfortunate timing for many investors.

Skill Assessment

It takes skill to be the worst. Not anyone can do it.

Could be generous and say Cathie Wood merely timed the cycle wrong. However Wood is still buying Tesla and is predicting the shares will go to $2k!!!

So I'm afraid the market analysis is now in and their educated judgement is...

Edited by JMD
  • Lol 6

Posted in the "Covid 1984" by @MrXxxx

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/public-services-may-be-cut-to-get-uk-on-war-footing-sunak-admits/ar-AA1nB64j

Public services may be cut to get UK on ‘war footing’, Sunak admits

Wonder if this is cover for having a go at Bennies.

"Of course we don't want to slash benefits and public sector pensions but there's no choice if we are to defend against China/Russia/Iran/Rochdale"

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Cheers 1

HousePriceMania
1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

Does "win" include S+P down -80% and ABRDN down -79% ?

I'm winning on VOD at the moment.

• Lol 4

Mandalorian
13 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Don't be daft.  They'll abolish RNHS before they stop paying lazy arses to hang about all day.

• Agree 2

Shamone
8 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

We bought a knackered 300 year old house in 2021 with no survey. The mortgage company wasn't bothered as the LTV was  low.

We know what we are doing though....unlike most home buyers I suppose.

I preferred the one with the mummy.

• Agree 1

wherebee
4 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

Despite what the doom monkeys on this thread say:  Never bet against the United States.

yeah, that's very true.

except, of course, all the times they have fucked up, lost, been embarrassed, etc.  :Jumping:

• Lol 3

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, TNS said:

Got a mate that I asked about contributions he makes to his DC scheme, something like 100 a month and he thinks that’ll be enough. It’s amazing how little people look into it.

He’s probably right without even knowing it. 
Just think of all the migration to offset the population decline and the growing proportion of generational benefit families by then compounded. 

The majority of the country with have nothing (or minimal NEST 16hr week tax credit) in their pensions. 

Make no mistake that it will be those that have prepared will be the ones led to the sacrificial slaughter (eg UBI, and CBDCs)

• Agree 7