DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

1 hour ago, Axeman123 said:
  • Was everyone just too cool to ruin the incredibly subtle joke?

That's me. I try similar from time to time. for example my mythical George Floyd sandwich grill. I do find it funny how many people cannot spell "rogue state" so it somehow ends up as rouge.

• Lol 3

1 hour ago, belfastchild said:

I went out and counted my potato stash.

Which reminds me to get the next ones into the ground soon.

After @spunko explained about Jersey potatoes being International Kidney I planted some and they seem to be doing alright.

• Agree 1

Long time lurking

The only honey pot left ,as i have stated for years now 

Here she blows how safe do you think your sips will be ?

They are also proposing stealing from the future 2 years prior 

Edit it`s a wind up xD

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Vomit 5
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

The only honey pot left ,as i have stated for years now 

Here she blows how safe do you think your sips will be ?

They are also proposing stealing from the future 2 years prior 

idiocracy.gif.685ed0e0cd39d17b1585f2c4d8b32df5.gif

• Lol 3

Long time lurking
24 minutes ago, Loki said:

idiocracy.gif.685ed0e0cd39d17b1585f2c4d8b32df5.gif

I thing that needs to go under my last post in the Ukraine thread  xD 

Looks like they have pulled a corker out of the hat 

• Informative 1

ThoughtCriminal

How does this not come to a head, sooner rather than later? That's not rhetorical, I genuinely don't understand how this rate of increase can carry on for much longer.

America isn't magical, so why would they avoid the fate of every other empire? 

• Agree 6
  • Informative 4
  • Bogged 2
  • Cringe 1

Chewing Grass
4 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

@Harley warned about this a few years ago and its a huge worry now.Government forcing pensions into gilts to fund public sector pensions and bennies has mage our stock market hugely under valued and we are losing incredible amounts of companies.There is a huge risk the UK ends up with nothing to invest in outside of gilts.So far the big caps are avoiding it but a huge bid might arrive.Every disaster in the UK finds its way back to bennies and pensions and funding them.

I did a rough fag-packet calculation that concluded that since the QE binge and Pension Fund arm twisting started the UK has stolen approximately 3 years of retirement money off every single holder of a Private Pension.

Edit: Blondie was sooo good looking back then, I always thought it was shame she was 10 years older than I thought.

Edited by Chewing Grass
  • Agree 8
  • Informative 2

23rdian
6 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I recall watching some videos by Kyle Bass back around 2010. In his videos he says something along the lines of when governments have allowed finances to get out of control their next step is war. 

Seems like he was correct but his timing was out. 

The whole 2020 "experience" was part of it too. They needed to encourage inflation and unrest. I'm convinced of it.

• Agree 10
  • Informative 1

Chewing Grass
6 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I recall watching some videos by Kyle Bass back around 2010. In his videos he says something along the lines of when governments have allowed finances to get out of control their next step is war. 

Seems like he was correct but his timing was out. 

Sinking a couple of Aircraft Carriers would sort that out.

• Agree 3

spygirl
1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

How does this not come to a head, sooner rather than later? That's not rhetorical, I genuinely don't understand how this rate of increase can carry on for much longer.

America isn't magical, so why would they avoid the fate of every other empire? 

Cos a lot of expansion of US money supply is going into rest of World as CB holdings, or for trade n settlement.

Before China the US $ made up sub 50% of trade - you had £    Yen, DM etc.

Since 200, EU has shrunk away to net nothing.

Yens Bern onitsha arsenal.

N China has grown from nothing to  maybe 2nd ir 1st largest economy. And Chiba uses $

Fed can print cos the dollar goes offshore.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

StrugglingMillennial
3 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

Yahoo finance with an epic opening paragraph:

Mortgage lenders hike interest rates as market jitters set in

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/mortgage-interest-rates-latest-barclays-hsbc-natwest-halifax-151133798.html

Meanwhile Sunak confirms ESG just means "aligned with government policy priorities"

PM says investments in weapons companies meet ethical criteria

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/pm-says-investments-weapons-companies-153120348.html

I've just had an offer rejected on a house today. I was a little cheeky I'll admit but I'm fugged if I'm paying what the market expects, the house needs modernising and with a 55k mortgage for 13 years it's still £500 per month plus all the bills and living costs.

Alot of estate agents and renters trying to exit the market seems to be so far behind with their expectations and affordability levels.

Anyway, oil seems to be sitting nicely but with the FTSE so high I'm still a little concerned. It makes you wonder how sharp a pull back could be in the markets.

• Informative 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Cheers 4

One percent
3 minutes ago, StrugglingMillennial said:

I've just had an offer rejected on a house today. I was a little cheeky I'll admit but I'm fugged if I'm paying what the market expects, the house needs modernising and with a 55k mortgage for 13 years it's still £500 per month plus all the bills and living costs.

Alot of estate agents and renters trying to exit the market seems to be so far behind with their expectations and affordability levels.

Anyway, oil seems to be sitting nicely but with the FTSE so high I'm still a little concerned. It makes you wonder how sharp a pull back could be in the markets.

What was it on for and what did you offer?

Axeman123
6 minutes ago, StrugglingMillennial said:

I've just had an offer rejected on a house today.

Lot of delusion out there, but probably not for long IMO.

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
57 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

@Harley warned about this a few years ago and its a huge worry now.Government forcing pensions into gilts to fund public sector pension

I`m pretty sure that a certain percentage (20% ? ) has to go that way already my mate used to be quite high up in a well known pension provider ,he told me back twenty years ago they would all go the same way as endowment mortgages due to the changes, this was way before zirp , that was the day i stopped paying into serps  

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Long time lurking
47 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Sinking a couple of Aircraft Carriers would sort that out.

They are pretty much consigned to target practice status now ,with regards to anyone near peer status

StrugglingMillennial
14 minutes ago, One percent said:

What was it on for and what did you offer?

Guide price of 220k and I offered 172k.

A slightly bigger 3 bed in the same close that's a semi, has a parking space outside the front, is away from the main road, has central heating instead of storage heaters and a better interior was only up for 5k more.

As I see it there's 30k in renovations and it's not in as good as the other one or in as nice a spot.

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 3

One percent
5 minutes ago, StrugglingMillennial said:

Guide price of 220k and I offered 172k.

A slightly bigger 3 bed in the same close that's a semi, has a parking space outside the front, is away from the main road, has central heating instead of storage heaters and a better interior was only up for 5k more.

As I see it there's 30k in renovations and it's not in as good as the other one or in as nice a spot.

Ta. Cheeky. What’s that saying? “If you are not embarrassed by your offer, it’s not low enough “.  

• Agree 5
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 1