DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

M S E Refugee
6 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Maybe.

It feels like what Gandalf described as "the deep breath before the plunge" in LOTR. Russia and China are making preparations and the US is flailing around.

That's my hope, that they are taking away as many strategic resources as they can, so the retards in the West can't prosecute a War.

giphy.gif.01e5d039729d157675c6395581557ee6.gif

Edited by M S E Refugee
  • Agree 4
  • Cheers 4

ashestoashes
30 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

War? 

if fusion power is closer than we think then there's going to be a lot of copper required

• Informative 3

17 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

That's my hope, that they are taking away as many strategic resources as they can, so the retards in the West can't prosecute a War.

I don't think that would stop them at all - A: it wouldn't be them dying B: it would reduce the population

• Agree 4
  • Bogged 1

M S E Refugee
14 minutes ago, Loki said:

I don't think that would stop them at all - A: it wouldn't be them dying B: it would reduce the population

Probably not, but the Elites will outlast their usefulness to the Chinese at some point.

It does seem like all Western politicians are completely powerless to stop whatever is about to happen.

• Agree 8

Axeman123
1 hour ago, M S E Refugee said:

Imagine if the only thing between us and armagedon is Winnie the Pooh and his 50yr economic plans that were drawn up on the basis of no war.

I'll take any way out of course, but...it makes you think. Hopefully Xi's next step is to prevent "fortification" of the US election, without getting polititcal we could all use some mean tweets and no new wars about now

US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at the DMZ.

• Agree 10

2 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

Probably not, but the Elites will outlast their usefulness to the Chinese at some point.

It does seem like all Western politicians are completely powerless to stop whatever is about to happen.

Agreed.  I think they'd love nothing more than to tell us to walk slowly towards the machine guns. Again.

• Agree 6
  • Vomit 1

Chewing Grass
3 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Expecting the price of commods in $$$$$s to rocket.

Excellent, I acquired another load of used lead to add to my collection of heavy metals.

Mercury is a twat to get hold of these days but so much fun in the liquid metal stakes.

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 2

CannonFodder
3 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

giphy.gif.01e5d039729d157675c6395581557ee6.gif

It may be, they are just storing their wealth in commods.

Why save dollars in USTs, just buy copper nickel etc and store it

Edited by CannonFodder
  • Agree 6
  • Cheers 1

M S E Refugee
4 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

It may be, they are just storing their wealth in commods.

Why save dollars in USTs, just buy copper nickel etc and store it

Its certainly what I would do if I were them.

• Agree 6

leonardratso

LME will store it for you.

Or Nymex.

Well, they'll store some stones of the equivalent weight, which they will gladly send if you so require.

They arent stones though, its the ore version of the metal you want, or so im told.

CannonFodder
46 minutes ago, ONC said:

yes i agree. Cannot help but think that America has been seriously outplayed. Will history look back and see,

1.  China de-industrialising USA by artificial cheap exchange rates. Allow western companies to make vast profits by moving manufacturing to China. Now China is the factory of the world.

2. China’s rapid acquisition of skills and knowledge. Legally eg lots and lots of students going to USA/UK, and illegally via espionage.

3. Fentanyl.  Deliberately driving drug addiction ( eg British opium trade)

4.  Driving illegal migration.  Would not be surprised if lots of pro-immigration NGO, political parties etc funded by China/russia. 

5.  Woke nonsense. Weaken America by years of woke nonsense. (They must be pissing themselves laughing).

6 Debt. Lend USA/Uk  vast amount of money. 

7. Displace USA/EU as the major trading partner of most of the world (Africa, South America etc).

8.  Deliberately drive expensive wars (Ukraine, Israel, etc) to drain USA finances.

9. Final move, drive de-dollarisation and ramp up purchases of GOLD? Show the world the Emperor has no cloths? 

Just saw post by Luke Gromen, saying is USA heading the way of Britain in 1950s, a huge empire collapsing with debt , and then facing a Suez moment?? Followed by decades of inflation??

I remember back in ~2000 when people said that only the low-end jobs would go to China, the high-end jobs would stay in USA/UK/EU.  It is really amazing what China has achieved in 25years. They have played a clever game. 

IMG_0679.jpeg

Whoever is doing it, is using the playbook

It started a long time ago. Apologies if this has been posted before but explains the approach.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

On 20/04/2024 at 16:23, BurntBread said:

I don't think that is true really. For example @Frank Hovis, @WICAO, @Harley and @nirvana all have approaches to investing that differ radically from the main thread ideas (and two of them have views quite similar to yours, I believ). They are all regular(ish) and welcome contributors, and nobody else kicks up a fuss about being presented with contrary views.

I'm not saying you aren't welcome, but I think what I don't so much appreciate, is someone trying to take over the thread with lots and lots of posts, most of which are loudly telling other people what to do, rather than just talking about what the poster, himself, does.

Stuey was a bit like that when he joined the thread, telling everybody that it was much better to bet on football results, rather than this stock market malarkey. However, he did settle down once he had basked for a while in the attention he wanted.

I went with my plan after realising I was both a rubbish investor and trader.  I tried both. 

My wider financial plan that went much further than just investing/trading, but which switched to using the "market return" as one of the variables, has so far worked for me.  Of course I could still be wrong or very wrong.

I think my wider financial plan also suffered from the quote - "life is what happens when you're busy making plans" - but in a good way so far.  When I started out in 2007 never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be in the position I'm in today nor heading in the direction I currently am.  Life is very good...

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 9

BurntBread
8 hours ago, ONC said:

yes i agree. Cannot help but think that America has been seriously outplayed. Will history look back and see,

1.  China de-industrialising USA by artificial cheap exchange rates. Allow western companies to make vast profits by moving manufacturing to China. Now China is the factory of the world.

2. China’s rapid acquisition of skills and knowledge. Legally eg lots and lots of students going to USA/UK, and illegally via espionage.

3. Fentanyl.  Deliberately driving drug addiction ( eg British opium trade)

4.  Driving illegal migration.  Would not be surprised if lots of pro-immigration NGO, political parties etc funded by China/russia. 

5.  Woke nonsense. Weaken America by years of woke nonsense. (They must be pissing themselves laughing).

6 Debt. Lend USA/Uk  vast amount of money. 

7. Displace USA/EU as the major trading partner of most of the world (Africa, South America etc).

8.  Deliberately drive expensive wars (Ukraine, Israel, etc) to drain USA finances.

9. Final move, drive de-dollarisation and ramp up purchases of GOLD? Show the world the Emperor has no cloths? 

Just saw post by Luke Gromen, saying is USA heading the way of Britain in 1950s, a huge empire collapsing with debt , and then facing a Suez moment?? Followed by decades of inflation??

I remember back in ~2000 when people said that only the low-end jobs would go to China, the high-end jobs would stay in USA/UK/EU.  It is really amazing what China has achieved in 25years. They have played a clever game. 

IMG_0679.jpeg

One upvote is not enough: they have played their hand very very well.

I think the "opioid wars" is particularly poignant for the Chinese, and also something they will not want to draw attention to until long after.

For the Groman tweet, it's an even closer analogy, I think. "By passing the bill, Johnson became an unlikely Churchill". Well, Churchill didn't lose the empire in 1955, he lost it by choosing to enter an unnecessary and cripplingly expensive war in 1939. Johnson may well be Chruchill, but without the literary capability to write the history books and paint himself as the hero.

• Agree 11

M S E Refugee
6 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Then they will demand delivery right? ,and we will see the true price.Could be a long way off,but its coming.

They certainly do seem to want to corner the market in commodities.

Europe and the UK are in dire straits with regard to commodities, there's plenty in the ground in North America,South America,Africa and Russia and what the Chinese don't have they just buy.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker

Only just got off a pretty busy national express bus from LHR to cotswolds, only to tune into the markets this morning to find national express ...COLLASPING!:CryBaby:

DOWN today near on 10% at one point!:o

ffs whats going on?

nex54.jpg.22ee5699ef54cff14ba332767bb95979.jpg

They have some new blood at the BOD, in my eyes these useles C***s should take a short bus ride off a long cliff! :Old: xD

Shares were up 30 per cent over January after the Cosmen family, the powerful Spanish transport dynasty and Mobico's largest shareholder. The Cosmen family now holds its largest stake in the group in almost two decades, and this is the first time its holding has exceeded 20 per cent.

Surely a sitting duck/take over, a scavengers BARGIN...OR is it going BUST?

Do chime in other MCG holders here, @DurhamBorn does ya daughter have the MCG share holders depressed... FREE-Phone-HELPLINE, if so do post it... CHEERS!

Edited by Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
  • Lol 4

DurhamBorn
13 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

Only just got off a pretty busy national express bus from LHR to cotswolds, only to tune into the markets this morning to find national express ...COLLASPING!:CryBaby:

DOWN today near on 10% at one point!:o

ffs whats going on?

nex54.jpg.22ee5699ef54cff14ba332767bb95979.jpg

They have some new blood at the BOD, in my eyes these useles C***s should take a short bus ride off a long cliff! :Old: xD

Shares were up 30 per cent over January after the Cosmen family, the powerful Spanish transport dynasty and Mobico's largest shareholder. The Cosmen family now holds its largest stake in the group in almost two decades, and this is the first time its holding has exceeded 20 per cent.

Surely a sitting duck/take over, a scavengers BARGIN...OR is it going BUST?

Do chime in other MCG holders here, @DurhamBorn does ya daughter have the MCG share holders depressed... FREE-Phone-HELPLINE, if so do post it... CHEERS!

They need shot of the US school bus business and keep away from rail.I suspect the Cosmen family will be telling them just that.I was miffed to see Go Ahead and Stagecoach bought out from under me,even with a profit.The debt put me off National Express though.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

Long time lurking
19 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

War? 

It`s simply hard assets rather than buying foreign debt or holding anything in FX reserves 

It`s greatest weakness was always a naval blockade which is now almost impossible to achieve but it is/was  what the BRI is all about as well as investing it`s surpluses into hard assets ,a large part of the Russian conflict is about the BRI ,China and Russia have already agreed on visa free travel in the border region in the east of Russia ,this will be the northern branch  of the BRI to supply northeastern Europe ,the line to  southern Europe and west Asia will follow the old silk road, Kazakhstan Afghanistan play major parts in that 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 8