DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

16 minutes ago, Ma2 said:

Understand it's energy, but chalk and cheese really. Might be worth leaving some in there as a hedge but equipment will be hit hard in any inflationary environment

Security Weight
XINYI SOLAR HLDGS LTD 7.50%
VESTAS WIND SYSTEMS 7.38%
NEXTERA ENERGY INC 6.48%
WASTE MANAGEMENT INC 6.00%
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SE 5.29%
APTIV 4.88%
ORSTED A/S 4.83%
TE CONNECTIVITY LTD 4.77%
WUXI LEAD AUTO EQUIPMENT CO LTD 4.45%

IBERDROLA SA                                                       4.23%

Sector Weight

Technology Hardware & Equipment 22.33%

Renewable Energy 19.72%

Electronic & Electrical Equipment 14.65%

Electricity 14.30%

Waste & Disposal Services 8.56%

Automobiles & Parts 4.88%

Gas, Water & Multi-utilities 4.83%

Chemicals 3.95%

General Industrials 3.52%

Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology 2.01%

hmm;

slightly different ratios to the fact sheet, near enough though, doesnt look so bad to me, I might just leave it, although to be honest dont mind getting some temporary uplift from daft vegans.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Ma2 said:

• Inflation to get out of control with TPTB unable to reign it back in, possibly into double digit territory
  • So say inflation starts at 2% this year and it goes up 1% each year that's 12% in 10 years time so 6% average
  • If interest rates run at a level that would be 6%, admit they will run it behind inflation but leaving myself a worse case scenario that inflation and rates run higher

IR rises were historically necessary because currencies used to compete with each other so a country needed to raise rates to protect its value vs other currencies. Now however none of the CBs give a shit about that and are if anything racing to devalue. Even a 3% IR is pretty much instant bankruptcy for any western government.

geordie_lurch

Never seen this before on HL - this is trying to get a price for my single GME share :ph34r: Maybe worth bearing in mind if any of us here make some serious profits on anything TPTB don't like...

This stock is in and out of market auction. Whilst in auction it is not possible to trade online. You can leave a fill/kill instruction, which we will attempt to process as soon as the stock is available.

26 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

IR rises were historically necessary because currencies used to compete with each other so a country needed to raise rates to protect its value vs other currencies. Now however none of the CBs give a shit about that and are if anything racing to devalue. Even a 3% IR is pretty much instant bankruptcy for any western government.

Agree we're in uncharted territory here and anything can happen in the short term but I don't know much beyond interest rate and tax increases (which I would think are pretty much guaranteed) that the government could (or would) use as it's default mechanism for combatting high inflation later in the cycle.

How do you see it playing out @goldbug9999 ?

2 hours ago, JMD said:

Goldbug9999, I deeply suspect that is true, but do we actually know it happens for certain? i.e is it in the t&c's? I don't use those those free apps so genuine question. (though also suspect HL et al, do something similar, perhaps just by aggrogating their trading data or something, before selling it on?) 

As the world becomes more and more digitised, it is vital that we 'take back control' of our data, and/or maybe even get paid before releasing it. So many privacy/big state/subservience issues at stake here, but not much talked about, but that discussion is for a different thread. However, there are ways and means of achieving it, blockchain anyone...?

Yes, they have to disclose it.  You can see who sells and buys the data.  Forgot where but I did look once for one broker.

Democorruptcy
2 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

WOW

Those in the know sell their stocks take profits on longs yesterday after it went mainstream and go short. Knowing people were going to be shut out today?

1 hour ago, geordie_lurch said:

This stock is in and out of market auction. Whilst in auction it is not possible to trade online. You can leave a fill/kill instruction, which we will attempt to process as soon as the stock is available.

you're dealing with 'bucket shop wankers' there! ie you don't have direct market access aka DMA so some cunt on a desk wants to place your order in the market on your behalf and if you're trading big they'll try and fuck you on the price too

DMA is often called ECN.....definition

ECN brokers are non-dealing desk brokers, meaning that they do not pass on order flow to market makers. Instead, they match participants in a trade electronically and pass the orders to liquidity providers. An ECN broker facilitates trades for interested investors across the ECN

https://cointelegraph.com/news/robinhood-suspends-buying-for-gamestop-following-stonks-going-to-the-moon

Thats shocking. It really is manipulation of the highest order. The 1% protecting their hedge fund scammers. 

Robinhood suspends buying for GameStop following stonks going 'to the moon'

The video game retailer had its own GME Army pushing the price of the stock to an all-time high before platforms stepped in. 

Reports are coming in this morning that trading app Robinhood has suspended buying for GameStop stock and others after GME's price surged in a Bitcoin-like parabolic rally. 

Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that average Redditors proved their investing power going up against major Wall Street traders short-selling GameStop stock. Largely fueled by small-time investors pushing back against large hedge funds, the price of the stock has risen more than 1,400% from roughly $20 on Jan. 12 to $358 at time of publication.

Purportedly in response to the unprecedented trading action that has been threatening hedge funds like Melvin Capital, Robinhood has suspended the purchase of stocks that Redditors are pumping — such as GameStop, AMC Entertainment and others. Yesterday, some brokers including TD Ameritrade restricted trades, while Nasdaq CEO Adena Friedman said that the firm would consider halting trading for similar stocks with “unusual activity.”

1 hour ago, geordie_lurch said:

Never seen this before on HL - this is trying to get a price for my single GME share :ph34r: Maybe worth bearing in mind if any of us here make some serious profits on anything TPTB don't like...

This is probably due to the trading halts. I have a direct access broker and i can see the halts in real time. I think they halt stock trading once it hits a certain price % swing in a certain time. This isn't the same as the robin hood halt, thats just a POLICY.

Looks like the WSB have targetted dogecoin now, up 160%. On crypto there are no trading halts. However they are unlikely to do the damage they desire to the hedge funds.

geordie_lurch

$70 billion loss for Wall St (and probably some small guys) so far via Reuters here :o

Short-sellers are sitting on estimated losses of $70.87 billion from their short positions in U.S. companies so far this year, data from financial data analytics firm Ortex showed on Thursday.

The hefty losses come as shares of highly-shorted GameStop jumped more than 1,000% in the past week without a clear business reason, forcing short-sellers to buy back into the stock to cover potential losses -- defined as a short-squeeze -- while retail investors then piled in to benefit from the surge.

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, geordie_lurch said:

$70 billion loss for Wall St so far via Reuters here :o

are they jumping out of widows or using AR16's?

I'll get the beer & crisps.

11 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Presumably these reddit kids can make their own trading platform, thus no need for RH?

it's a bunch of kids with $1000 hand out checks.....if they had $50k they could deal direct with an ECN broker....perhaps that just shows that really it's just a bunch of rampers and chancers who have failed to pool their resources properly :o

I salute what they've done BUT they've pissed off the one percenters and somehow I doubt they're going to be able to corner the Silver market but it's fun to watch and throw on a few trades for 'shits n giggles' as the yung uns would say :Geek:

edit: there's probably a few 'hedge fund whales' behind the scenes just using them at the same time too....

25 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

I notice that Biden is reducing arms sales to Saudi and UAE while making overtures to Venezuela. 

Unlikely that Venezuela will anything to do with the Americans now.

In any event, both China and Russia are in the country and have control of most of the oil.

ThoughtCriminal

Robin Hood have started selling people's shares without their permission. Due to "volatility". 

Sold 500k worth just like that. 

Screenshot_20210128_185009_com.twitter.android.jpg

1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Robin Hood have started selling people's shares without their permission. Due to "volatility". 

OOF

This incident has hopefully revealed to anyone who didn't know that the entire Market is a rigged game where the bankers make the rules.

If they aren't winning they will destroy you or put obstacles in your way to make sure they keep on winning or at least don't lose.

Bobthebuilder
8 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Sounds like whoever is behind that trading app has a gun to his head.

geordie_lurch
1 minute ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Sounds like whoever is behind that trading app has a gun to his head.

Yep could be the following but not verified etc :ph34r:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Es1vfVEUYAAiwqm.jpg:large

7 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Unreasonable risk?  Let me guess, they lent the shares out and are struggling to get them back, so have just sold them on beneath market rates to even things out.

That's pretty outrageous regardless of reason.

Archived