DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

John Lewis - Never Knowingly Having Retail Experience.

Battenberg

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

https://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk/about/meet-the-board.html

have a look at this and it becomes quite clear what's going on. Only one white, Christian male name on there.

It's the executives and the board - there is nobody there who looks like they are going to say   "whoa !!- what the fuck are we doing ?"

Any remaining doubt has gone, they are fucked, and probably a lot sooner that I thought only a few months ago.

• Agree 7

It isn't anything to do with it being aspirational. It's because it is or was traditional and you never ever see a non white person in their stores, their clientele are far too stale and pale, the Zionists despise everything about that.

@One percent you laughed at my post on the previous page, maybe you thought I was being mysoginistic again :CryBaby: but I do have to wonder about any organisation that promotes a majority of women to the board, when we're constantly being told that women are vastly underrepresented it does stink of box ticking not giving the job to the best person... IMO...

Edited by spunko
  • Agree 4

14 minutes ago, spunko said:

have a look at this and it becomes quite clear what's going on. Only one white, Christian male name on there.

He's wearing a suit and tie; he won't last.

Fuck 'em.  John Lewis is just Debenhams with higher prices and for all their "partnership" crap non-partnership Wetherspoons has handed out a higher percentage of profits to its employees over the last five years. Meaning mostly pub workers.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

15 minutes ago, spunko said:

It isn't anything to do with it being aspirational. It's because it is or was traditional and you never ever see a non white person in their stores, their clientele are far too stale and pale, the Zionists despise everything about that.

@One percent you laughed at my post on the previous page, maybe you thought I was being mysoginistic again :CryBaby: but I do have to wonder about any organisation that promotes a majority of women to the board, when we're constantly being told that women are vastly underrepresented it does stink of box ticking not giving the job to the best person... IMO...

I laughed at the makeup of the board and completely agree with you. The women look batshit.  

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, spunko said:

You can almost here them round the board table. What a fucking travesty. I’m sure 30 years ago when it was no doubt mostly men, with a token female thrown in or good measure, it was making a profit. The problem with these women is that they keep trying to reinvent a perfectly functioning wheel. They want to make a difference and feel ‘empowered’. 

• Agree 2

Yadda yadda yadda
17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Wetherspoons has handed out a higher percentage of profits to its employees over the last five years. Meaning mostly pub workers.

I was in a spoons yesterday. Staff were good. Service was good. Beer was good. If you do good stuff you make money.

• Agree 8
  • Cheers 1

Yadda yadda yadda
12 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

You can almost here them round the board table. What a fucking travesty. I’m sure 30 years ago when it was no doubt mostly men, with a token female thrown in or good measure, it was making a profit. The problem with these women is that they keep trying to reinvent a perfectly functioning wheel. They want to make a difference and feel ‘empowered’. 

They give a fuck what people think of them not whether they're going to make money. That is a generalisation and there are women entrepreneurs who have made profitable businesses. Big difference between those and the ones who have been appointed in a big organisation. You look at those people and they've not been appointed on the basis of being ruthless bastards who will turn a profit.

What is the vision for John Lewis?

5 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

That is however those women.  They are a type.

I have reported to several women on boards over the years; and whilst yes some have been that type some have been absolutely excellent. 

I agree about token women but these days there are a lot of excellent women senior managers about who don't go for the soft options of human resources, corporate or communications.

I would have zero problem with a PLC board being 90% women.  If they were the right women.

Here are the women on BP's board.  You can see at a glance that at least three of them are there on merit rather than because of box ticking; one of them does look too young to be there on merit though tbh.

image.png.2c7fe6a6f23ab2715803330d9b4a7057.png

https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/who-we-are/board-and-executive-management/the-board.html

BP will therefore be fine whereas John Lewis is a dead partnership which is somehow still trading.

5 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I was in a spoons yesterday. Staff were good. Service was good. Beer was good. If you do good stuff you make money.

Yes, that was my primary reason for buying shares in them years ago: if I think it's that good then so will everyone else.

2 hours ago, eight said:

Did you grow up in a normal, everyday, million quid house like the one on the ad though?

Lol I grew up in an ST postcode with ice on the inside of bedroom windows in winter etc. No Minton tiled floors nor smoking jackets for my family.

Still shaking my head at that absolute state of that advert.  Suicidal organisation.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, One percent said:

The thing that gets me is that whitey is meant to be colour blind to race. Then at the same time blackey can celebrate their cultural background?

I really dont get it. I've read articles where black people are offended if they are asked where they come from. Yet at the same time black people are paid to write articles on food from their home countries?

• Agree 10
  • Lol 1

2 hours ago, Ghostly said:

I’m not buying anything from them in future if at all possible.

Same here, but every time a company comes up that I want to boycott I find that I'm not one of their customers anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Bedrag Justesen
3 hours ago, eight said:

Did you grow up in a normal, everyday, million quid house like the one on the ad though?

John Lewis are selling the house and the insurance.

It's actually their  Christmas ad.

Not featuring  Christmas a bit confusing tbf.

Myzsterious Mizz Jones

The twitter storm this advert is causing is brilliant.

It shows stereotypical male agression apparently, with the Mother and sister fearful of the male. 

The left really is eating itself. Pass the popcorn.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 2

35 minutes ago, Myzsterious Mizz Jones said:

The twitter storm this advert is causing is brilliant.

It shows stereotypical male agression apparently, with the Mother and sister fearful of the male. 

The left really is eating itself. Pass the popcorn.

If I were John Lewis I'd have done a second identical version of that advert except with a young girl pouting sexually at the camera wearing trousers, suit and tie. Then let's see how eager the womyn Twatterati are to support that :D

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Satch Review – John Lewis Advert

The young adult, the one who identified as a male has misappropriated the cloths of an ‘adult that gives birth’ and this is clearly wrong and very un-woke. The young adult was clearly white and therefore far-right and oppressive of all other human beings. Throughout the feature the white supremacist showed classic signs of misogynistic empire building by destroying the culture and creations of other but creating nothing of worth. The film is a clear allegory of the last several hundred years of colonial history in a world dominated by white males where all non-white culture is destroyed and one where people of colour did not even feature or merit a mention. This raises the juxtaposition, is this what John Lewis represents? Anarchy, misogyny and chaos or are they condemning the world that brought JL into being, that old world run by old white men. You must decide for yourselves.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

18 hours ago, spygirl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-10093073/John-Lewis-reveals-scale-push-housing.html

49188643-10093073-image-m-2_163424469845

Heres me thinking the civil service n 3rd sector was full of over educated morons with zilch commercial sense.

I see that in their vision "40% of profit to come from non-retail by 2030".

If they still exist in 2030 (and it's a big if) then I suspect it's more likely to be 40% of losses come from non-retail.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Bornagain said:

I see that in their vision "40% of profit to come from non-retail by 2030".

If they still exist in 2030 (and it's a big if) then I suspect it's more likely to be 40% of losses come from non-retail.

I find these gormless management fuckwittery OTT statements nuts.

Stuff like- 50% of profits from new products.

Or - 50% of profits from zero carbon.

JL is a retailer. It sells toasters n shit to middle class people.

The org is entirely built on retail. It has no fucking experience of anything else.

Hows it going to get 40% of profits from non retail?

Is it going hire new people for these grand ventures?

Or are the store managers going to out in a couple of hours, painting rentals, on top of their 9to5?

Of course the easiest way to get 40% of profits from non retail is to destroy your retail profits.

And this goes back to retarded civil CS/3rd sector - they have no grasp of what profit is and how it can be fiddled n bent with.

If she said increase revenue to 40% non retail then I'd give her that. But she didnt, picking the most gormless metric.

• Agree 4