DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

John Lewis - Never Knowingly Having Retail Experience.

Battenberg

There's a waitrose in Harrogate but no JL. The only JL in all of the 4 Yorkshires now is in Leeds. Sheffield and York stores  closed. I like Jl, sad to see its demise.

Edited by Mash

• 1 month later...
On 04/07/2021 at 18:21, One percent said:

Tbf, that cat looks very gay. 

My dog does exactly that. It's a sign they trust you.

She started the spotting yesterday so the oak floors are getting a nice reddish tinge. Anyways in the park this morning both the boys and girls all wanted a good sniff. Amused me that the most interested boy managed to attract another boy to lick his bits as he licked my dogs bits.  I assume he was dripping, yum.

So maybe it's not gay but just has that effect on everyone around.

They were all eunuchs anyway, poor dears. Dogs are lovely.

• Vomit 2

4 minutes ago, BWW said:

She started the spotting yesterday so the oak floors are getting a nice reddish tinge. Anyways in the park this morning both the boys and girls all wanted a good sniff. Amused me that the most interested boy managed to attract another boy to lick his bits as he licked my dogs bits.  I assume he was dripping, yum.

images (58).jpeg

On 24/08/2020 at 00:15, wherebee said:

The problem with John Lewis is that was designed to work in a high trust society, high street based retail environment, with a growing middle class. Basically many (not all) of the postwar years.

Now we are entering the 21st century and heading towards a low trust society (due to multiculturalism), internet shopping, and shrinking of the middle class (due to globalisation and mass immigration), I am not sure it has a future.  

Allowing replacement of faulty goods on demand only works in a high trust society.  Expensive stores only work in a non-internet world.  And only the middle classes can exist in enough numbers to buy quality stuff at inflated prices.

About the only way I could see them getting more years is to go full on the label route - everything in JL becomes branded, so that ownership becomes a boating point for the shrinking middle class and aspirational lower middle.  Bit like smeg fridges.

Oh - the food side is a goer though.  people do want good food and will overpay for it.

I just read this whole thread looking for someone who's had the same experience as me from JL online.

I couldn't give a crap about the ESG stuff but chose JL because they're a trusted name and offered the same/cheapest price except Boots and AO both of whom I boycott.

Emails on order of two products for click collect were:

1. confirm order, 2. Guarantee details [electroinics], 3. Confirm shipping

4. 30mins b4 collect time: Subj: Important changes to your Click & Collect order

Hello,

We're sorry your Click & Collect order NNN won't be ready for you to pick up as planned.

We'll contact you to provide an update on your order.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping with us,
Customer Service team
John Lewis & Partners

So far so good except wondering how long the next contact will take.

5. 2.5 hours later Subj: We’re processing your exchange

Me: WTF exchage?

Dear XXX XXXX,

We’re sorry to hear your order NNN wasn’t quite as you expected. We’re now processing an exchange order to replace the item detailed below.
Original items

Below are the items being replaced.

Items

... snip detail

Exchange subtotal     NNN
Delivery charge     £2.00
Goodwill     -£2.00

Total due     £0.00
What happens next

We’re currently processing your exchange and you’ll receive a confirmation email shortly.

Please note that no refunds or payments are required.
Useful links
johnlewis.com terms and conditions
All Customer Services information
Contact us

Me: WTF: not quite as you expected. I suppose I expected it delivered available for collect on time but text is a bit misleading and inaccurate.
Me: WTF: goodwill?

That was for one of the two items.

6. Seperate similar email came for the second 30mins later

7. A further 10 mins later Subj: John Lewis Contact - CASE-nnn

Good Evening Mr XXX,

I hope this email finds you well. I'm contacting you with regards to your recent Click & Collect order NNN, containing the yyyy.

Unfortunately, this parcel hasn't been received by your chosen collection point.

Therefore we have processed replacements for these items. These will be ready to collect from zzz. These replacements have been split into two orders and your new order numbers are: NNN and NNN.

If you haven't already, you should receive a confirmation email for these new orders shortly. Your orders will remain at the shop for 7 days from the above date.

I'm so sorry for the delay and for any inconvenience this has caused you. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0345 850 0470, where one of my colleagues would be happy to assist you.  

8. Guarantee details for electronics.

9. despatch confirmation item A.

10. despatch confirmation item B.

11. ready for collect item A. 6+ hours early.

And email TWELVE saying what has happened to item B has not yet arrived despite the fact the click and collect time has passed.
The tracking link gives a rotating circle GIF on Opera or crashes firefox. Probably because I dare to use XP.

The problem with all this is I am left with a sense that misdescribing this as an exchange may have disadvantaged me [prevents a second exchange maybe], wondering where the hell the first parcel went and annoyed they apparently don't care about this.

Just in general I have the impression [due to the world we live in 2022 rather than anything JL have done so far] that I'm being involved in some sort of scam even if I'm not the victim and that's negating the reason I chose JL [TRUST]. On the good side over 100 quid paid by cc and consumer credit act but actually jusdt wanted the stuff and a trouble free experience.

Reading the whole thread had some other comments:

On 16/10/2020 at 09:44, spygirl said:

Where does a a ~20+y veteran of JL go?

Noone expanding their retail presence.

The jobs in retail are now 12h shifts in a warehouse up the M1.

This post didn't age well.

On 24/03/2021 at 12:38, Bedrag Justesen said:

Waitrose distribution centre to be outsourced and 439 staff will no longer be JL partners so will not receive annual bonus.

Appears the rebranded John Lewis & Partners should have been John Lewis & No Partners.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/24/john-lewis-to-close-eight-more-stores-putting-1500-jobs-at-risk

Has it happened yet ? Is this the closest to explaining my experience? Either it's just b4 and the staff are nicking stuff before being booted out or just after and the staff are nicking stuff.

On 15/07/2021 at 09:58, Bornagain said:

This.

It strikes me that whatever they do at John Lewis over the next few years, in truth they are merely playing the fiddle whilst Rome burns - ulitmately they are doomed to fail.

It seems that over the next 5-10 years they will slowly shrink - closing store after store - getting rid of loads of staff before finally collapsing with a huge pension black hole.

They are the equivalent of a Chariot manufacturing business just after the invention of the motor car - they can improve the Chariot as much as they like, but technology has moved on and the business is doomed so the only issue is when will they go pop.

Employing a CEO who has no relevent experience may have sped up the process - but they could have employed a Wizard and it would have made no difference to the ultimate outcome.

They ought to float off the Waitrose business, then close the JL stores - by doing it quickly they could minimise the pain and reduce the overall financial losses.

If they actually deliver the quality and reliability they are famed for, in a world increasingly full of scammers and game players then they have a niche.

Their problem is it only takes one or two bad experiences to trash the reputation which is their USP.

On 15/07/2021 at 11:30, MrPin said:

It's all bent, like Amazon, and Google.

Quite.

On 11/12/2021 at 15:20, Imp said:

I think there is a model where manufacturers pay a shop to have their product on display to be looked at and tried by customers, with a QR Code or something so the customer can then order it from whichever online retailer sells it cheapest/quickest/greenest. If they can get the contracts set up with the manufacturers it would be quite low risk for the people who set up the shops.

Interesting. Some of the other stories linked on this thread seem to point to them doing exactly that. However they're not describing it or marketing their service as that to the manufacturers. Or are they?

On 19/01/2022 at 15:36, Bilbo said:

No hope. From today's Telegraph.

Waitrose prices are rising three times faster than other supermarkets

As inflation drives up grocery bills, study finds some retailers are not holding back in passing on increasing costs on to shoppers

ByGurpreet Narwan, CONSUMER AFFAIRS EDITOR19 January 2022 • 6:00am

Grocery prices at Waitrose have risen more than three times faster than at other supermarkets, according to a report by Which?

The consumer group tracked hundreds of thousands of grocery prices at Britain’s major supermarkets and found that a basket of goods at Waitrose rose by 9.2 per cent last year.

This was much higher than the 3 per cent average increase across all eight supermarkets monitored by Which? The cheapest supermarkets, Lidl and Aldi, increased their prices by 5.13 per cent and 4.32 per cent over the same period.

Sainsbury's managed to keep a lid on its prices, raising them by just 0.59 per cent. Tesco increased its prices by 0.89 per cent and Ocado lifted them by 1.62 per cent.

Which? found that a basket of 22 typical items would have set consumers back by £32.85 in December. This is more than £9 dearer than Lidl, where a similar basket cost £23.29. 

Waitrose was consistently the most expensive supermarket across the year, with a basket of everyday items costing between £6 to £10 more each month.

Lidl was the cheapest supermarket last month, just beating Aldi, where the average basket cost £23.64 in December. Overall Aldi was the cheapest supermarket for six of the 12 months while Lidl was the cheapest for five. 

However, the report noted that even prices at Aldi and Lidl rose between January and December last year and in both cases at more than the average rate.

Inflation hits monthly grocery bills

A separate report published recently by the data company Kantar found that grocery price inflation reached 3.5 per cent in the four weeks to December 26, which equates to an extra £15 on shoppers' average monthly grocery bill.

Grocery prices are expected to rise even more sharply this year as rampant inflation drives up the cost of living for households across the country. 

Businesses across the economy are already passing on rising costs to consumers in the form of higher prices but the latest findings suggest that some are more concerned about squeezing household budgets than others.

Ele Clark, retail editor at Which?, said: “No one wants to overpay for basic groceries, especially when a cost of living crunch is putting extra pressure on household budgets.”

“Our findings show that while prices are going up, some supermarkets are passing their rising costs onto shoppers more than others. 

“As well as choosing a supermarket that is cheap overall, other ways to save include swapping from branded to own-brand products, sticking to a shopping list and resisting the temptation to pick up special offers you don’t need.”

The Which? basket of goods included a mixture of branded items, such as Kenco coffee, Oxo stock cubes and PG Tips tea bags, as well as own label products. 

Researchers found that some own-brand product categories rose sharply across all supermarkets. Royal Gala apples rose the fastest, with prices climbing by 14 per cent. 

This was followed by free-range eggs at 12 per cent and brown onions at 11 per cent. Skimmed milk was up 10 per cent and semi-skimmed milk up 9 per cent.

A Waitrose spokesperson said: "We're working hard to deliver great value, offering ethically sourced, great quality products at fair prices along with excellent service from our partners."

The analysis included Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Asda, Ocado and Morrisons.

Comparing Lidl own label with others is hardly fair. Increasingly lidl are downgrading product and reducing costs to pigswill level, would not feed to the dog. Never did trust them for eggs even when I shopped for most of my food there.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, BWW said:

Reading the whole thread had some other comments:

This post didn't age well.

a

Where does a a ~20+y veteran of JL go?

Noone expanding their retail presence.

The jobs in retail are now 12h shifts in a warehouse up the M1.

Which bit of retail has expanded in the ~18 months since I posted that?

Again, the only retai9l jobs are in warehouses.

Debenhams finally went bus 2 months after my post.

York Mnx X JL has shut.

59 minutes ago, BWW said:

I just read this whole thread looking for someone who's had the same experience as me from JL online.

Sounds like they were unknowingly out of stock at a first location so changed to fulfil the order from a second location but had no way to process this except as a customer exchange.

28 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Which bit of retail has expanded in the ~18 months since I posted that?

Again, the only retai9l jobs are in warehouses.

Debenhams finally went bus 2 months after my post.

York Mnx X JL has shut.

Maybe N S divide but whole lot of small shops cafes pubs have ads for staff. Both London and South West. Queues to pay are because they can.t find enough staff.

Customer service - sales in a department store is hardly experience that only allows you to work in a department store.

your post was from 2020 when the question was being asked whether covid would last decades. pre vax when oldies were still hiding inside.

2 minutes ago, BWW said:

Maybe N S divide but whole lot of small shops cafes pubs have ads for staff. Both London and South West. Queues to pay are because they can.t find enough staff.

Customer service - sales in a department store is hardly experience that only allows you to work in a department store.

your post was from 2020 when the question was being asked whether covid would last decades. pre vax when oldies were still hiding inside.

Having lot of small one man band shops and cafes, mainly subbed by UC, does not make up for the closure of a large, retailer, employing 100+

The apply wihtin ads are mainly for low paid, parttime work. Not for a JL middle manager on 50k

There was no such question on this thread, re covid beign around for ages.

The issue raised was the vast downsizing of JL and retail in general.

My comment was related to what does a ~20y veteran of JL do when they are laid off?

Theres no high street retailer expending.

~6 month on form my post - 

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/19183919.john-lewis-york-close-customers-devastated-news/

These people have not gone anywhere.

8 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Having lot of small one man band shops and cafes, mainly subbed by UC, does not make up for the closure of a large, retailer, employing 100+

The apply wihtin ads are mainly for low paid, parttime work. Not for a JL middle manager on 50k

There was no such question on this thread, re covid beign around for ages.

The issue raised was the vast downsizing of JL and retail in general.

My comment was related to what does a ~20y veteran of JL do when they are laid off?

Theres no high street retailer expending.

~6 month on form my post - 

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/19183919.john-lewis-york-close-customers-devastated-news/

These people have not gone anywhere.

how many staff do jl employ on 50k in each store they close. i.m surprised if it.s lots but i have no idea. does anyone since they don.t publish accounts?

Jobs in London and SW generally are not min wage. Not worth working for that and not possible to live here even when you add the benny top up. If you only offer min wage you only have vacancies not staff is what i see.

Bedrag Justesen
1 hour ago, BWW said:

John Lewis to close eight more stores, putting 1,500 jobs at risk | John Lewis | The Guardian

Has it happened yet ? Is this the closest to explaining my experience? Either it's just b4 and the staff are nicking stuff before being booted out or just after and the staff are nicking stuff.

Sfaik all eight branches listed in The Guardian article closed shortly after.

Biggest theft at JL is at the top.

• Agree 1

One percent
15 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Sfaik all eight branches listed in The Guardian article closed shortly after.

Biggest theft at JL is at the top.

I’m sure they’ll be fine, aren’t they moving into housing?   O.o

• Agree 1

MightyTharg
18 minutes ago, BWW said:

Jobs in London and SW generally are not min wage. Not worth working for that and not possible to live here even when you add the benny top up. If you only offer min wage you only have vacancies not staff is what i see.

I thought the whole point was that if you had a couple of sprogs and did 20 hours a week minimum wage you earned more than the manager on fifty K? Has it changed?

I thought the SW was full of millionaires on tax credits? (I only know one).

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Blearily lsiten to r4 bizzyness news.

Thought it was her.

Nice write up.

Just wow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62471260

An exodus of over 50s who left the workforce during the Covid pandemic is fuelling wage inflation, says the boss of John Lewis.

Dame Sharon White said any government must think "really hard" about how to get more older people back into work.

The UK has seen one million people, mostly in their 50s, leave work since the start of the Covid-19 outbreak.

That "inevitably" causes wage inflation, said Dame Sharon.

What does she suggest?

Nothings inevitable.

The number of "economically inactive" people - those without a job and not seeking to work - is higher than before Covid struck, according to the Office for National Statistics. Retirement is the most popular reason given by people aged between 50 and 70 for not working.

Theres about ~15m more people in the UK since 2000. What the fuck do they do? Oh yes, claim bennies.

The chair of the John Lewis Partnership, owner of the department stores and the Waitrose supermarket chain, told the BBC she had "never seen anything quite like" the country's current economic situation throughout her entire career.

Which career? And was she looking???

"Regardless of what has happened coming out of Covid, if the labour market is that tight, if we continue to have far fewer people in work, looking for work - you've inevitably got more inflation and more wage inflation," she said.

"I guess I would encourage...any government to really think much more about how to we encourage more people back into work.

"There's not a business in the UK that's not finding it very difficult to recruit at the moment because there are so many more jobs and so far fewer people looking for work. It's a big issue."

Why are they leaving?

Why are business failing to replace them? Maybe housing has something to do with it???

Dame Sharon said she had "never" seen "such a combination of some very difficult factors" impacting the economy during her working career, which has also included a stint as boss of Ofcom.

"I've never seen anything quite like the economic environment we have at the moment," she said.

Again, another not seen. Shes not actually run a business before. Just sat  as a diversity hire at a quango. And now, when she has to go out there and do stuff, she finds it harder than she thought.

"I think the big worry that everybody has is inflation combined with low growth, low productivity. So I think the big focus for all of us is how do we avoid stagflation?

"How do we avoid the UK becoming Japan with very low, very persistently low rates of productivity and very low persistent rates of growth? To come out of that you have got to get businesses investing."

OK .. Japan is phenomenally productive. Japans issue is the number of working age has fallen off a cliff. And OAPS risen - 

rhx2dVaZnXx4Mt5eD5MZL3H8AM-P3bV_iyMop5IX

Id love the UK to be like Japan. It isnt, by a long shot.

"A million people out of the labour market has got profound, long-term, systemic implications and I would like there to be more of a debate, more of an open debate and certainly more of a debate between business and government," she said.

Systemic ...

Asked why John Lewis couldn't increase its wages in line with the rising cost of living, Dame Sharon said the department store had to "try to balance how do we ensure our partners are able to cope with the cost of living whilst also thinking about the affordability of pay for the business".

Maybe her over 50s are leaving for more money elsewhere?

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1

One percent
43 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Blearily lsiten to r4 bizzyness news.

Thought it was her.

Nice write up.

Just wow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62471260

An exodus of over 50s who left the workforce during the Covid pandemic is fuelling wage inflation, says the boss of John Lewis.

Dame Sharon White said any government must think "really hard" about how to get more older people back into work.

The UK has seen one million people, mostly in their 50s, leave work since the start of the Covid-19 outbreak.

That "inevitably" causes wage inflation, said Dame Sharon.

What does she suggest?

Nothings inevitable.

The number of "economically inactive" people - those without a job and not seeking to work - is higher than before Covid struck, according to the Office for National Statistics. Retirement is the most popular reason given by people aged between 50 and 70 for not working.

Theres about ~15m more people in the UK since 2000. What the fuck do they do? Oh yes, claim bennies.

The chair of the John Lewis Partnership, owner of the department stores and the Waitrose supermarket chain, told the BBC she had "never seen anything quite like" the country's current economic situation throughout her entire career.

Which career? And was she looking???

"Regardless of what has happened coming out of Covid, if the labour market is that tight, if we continue to have far fewer people in work, looking for work - you've inevitably got more inflation and more wage inflation," she said.

"I guess I would encourage...any government to really think much more about how to we encourage more people back into work.

"There's not a business in the UK that's not finding it very difficult to recruit at the moment because there are so many more jobs and so far fewer people looking for work. It's a big issue."

Why are they leaving?

Why are business failing to replace them? Maybe housing has something to do with it???

Dame Sharon said she had "never" seen "such a combination of some very difficult factors" impacting the economy during her working career, which has also included a stint as boss of Ofcom.

"I've never seen anything quite like the economic environment we have at the moment," she said.

Again, another not seen. Shes not actually run a business before. Just sat  as a diversity hire at a quango. And now, when she has to go out there and do stuff, she finds it harder than she thought.

"I think the big worry that everybody has is inflation combined with low growth, low productivity. So I think the big focus for all of us is how do we avoid stagflation?

"How do we avoid the UK becoming Japan with very low, very persistently low rates of productivity and very low persistent rates of growth? To come out of that you have got to get businesses investing."

OK .. Japan is phenomenally productive. Japans issue is the number of working age has fallen off a cliff. And OAPS risen - 

rhx2dVaZnXx4Mt5eD5MZL3H8AM-P3bV_iyMop5IX

Id love the UK to be like Japan. It isnt, by a long shot.

"A million people out of the labour market has got profound, long-term, systemic implications and I would like there to be more of a debate, more of an open debate and certainly more of a debate between business and government," she said.

Systemic ...

Asked why John Lewis couldn't increase its wages in line with the rising cost of living, Dame Sharon said the department store had to "try to balance how do we ensure our partners are able to cope with the cost of living whilst also thinking about the affordability of pay for the business".

Maybe her over 50s are leaving for more money elsewhere?

Sharon can fuckoff.  

• Agree 5
  • Lol 2

Frank Hovis
5 minutes ago, dgul said:

I imagine that there are loads of people willing to take on a £1m + bonus job where they have no experience of that type of role and where their main skillset is in blaming other people for their frequent failures.

Don;'t get your hopes up; BAME only need apply.

• Agree 6

16 minutes ago, dgul said:

I imagine that there are loads of people willing to take on a £1m + bonus job where they have no experience of that type of role and where their main skillset is in blaming other people for their frequent failures.

What I dont understand or was not made clear was - Are JL losing its over 50s?

She spent the interviewing riffing about various things shes sees as a problem.

Shes the JL chair FFS. What are JL current problems?

I doubt recruiting is one, as theyve been laying off people.

It seems to be the day for people vaguely connected to bizzyness to riff along with idea - 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/aug/09/head-cbi-urges-boris-johnson-immediate-help-energy-bills

The head of the Confederation of British Industry has called on Boris Johnson to take immediate action to help people with soaring energy bills, warning that putting it off until after the Conservative leadership vote would be too late.

Tony Danker told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that Johnson “needs to say something to the country to reassure people about what will happen” ahead of Ofgem’s announcement of “terrifying” price rises on 26 August.

Put IR up, strengthen the pound. Thatl get you 13 of the way.

https://www.cbi.org.uk/about-us/our-people/leadership-team/tony-danker/

Tony joined the CBI as Director-General in November 2020. His career spans a range of roles in business, media and government. Before the CBI, Tony was the first CEO of Be the Business, a business-led movement created to transform UK’s productivity founded by a group of FTSE-100 Chairmen and the former Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne. From 2010-2017 Tony was International Director, then Chief Strategy Officer, at Guardian News & Media.

For two years before that, he was a Policy Advisor HM Government (2008-10), joining the Cabinet Office and HM Treasury. Tony’s early career was at McKinsey & Company (1998-2008) in London and Washington DC where he worked for 10 years.

Theres so much dross/failures floating around, looking for easy well paid non-jobs.

I dont know but Id bet big money hed have a Team Brown person.

I mean 7 years as Gradians strategy officer. Gridians circulation is down over 50% in his term.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

hapax legomenon

I am getting pretty picky in where any discretionary spending goes. The vast majority of companies proclaim to be Woke but I tend to avoid the ones that go above and beyond this. JL is one of them with their cross dressing boy in their insurance advert. Clearly their moral compass is at odds with mine and so I don't spend there. Same with Yorkshire Tea, Gillette, Paperchase and a load of others. 

• Agree 9

I would buy more from JL if they could ever deliver anything here. and what they do deliver appears to come knocked about. the last thing looked like a poorly packaged customer return. seems they might be drop shipping more?

1 hour ago, Borza said:

Well I work for JL&P, in a Waitrose branch and have done for ~4 years.

First, at Waitrose (and I suspect JL too, but can't confirm that) the redundancies was all at a management level. JL&P streamlined the management structure and removed two levels of management in my branch.

Any manager who was any good at their job and knew they could get a better job elsewhere took the redundancy. One manager in his 30s, a very effective and pleasant manager to work with, was made redundant on a Friday with a huge payoff, and then started a new job at a much higher level, on the Monday.

The end result is most of the good managers have left and the remaining managers are largely crap or near retirement.

The problem areas in recruitment, are at the grunt level, shelf filler/cashier, might staff replenishment. Every time we have had a pay rise, we have effectively been told we need to work harder/take on more responsibility, this together with management problems means a lot of grunt level partners are now starting to think “fuck it”, and getting a job elsewhere.

Well ... in the Waitroses I go to, the floor staff, shefl stackers vear towards middle aged wimmin -its like the local council and schools have got together to run a shop.

Ive been blocked for a fair few minutes as a couple park their stock cages up and start to natter.

A bit more younger and bloke on the floor would do wonders.

Edited by spygirl
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

On 05/07/2022 at 22:25, BWW said:

worst 50 shades spin off ever.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, spygirl said:

Well ... in the Waitroses I go to, the floor staff, shefl stackers vear towards middle aged wimmin -its like the local council and schools have got together to run a shop.

Ive been blocked for a fair few minutes as a couple park their stock cages up and start to natter.

A bit more younger and bloke on the floor would do wonders.

Oddly, you actually see it for what it is, with your own eyes, but then ignore what you’re seeing because you’re too brainwashed.

• Lol 1