DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

UK Govt Coronavirus Response: Sceptics Thread

sancho panza

"The legal claim states: “In fact, the absolute risk reduction concerning Covid-19 prevention was only 1.2 per cent.”

An absolute risk reduction measures how much the vaccine reduces an individual’s baseline risk of getting ill from Covid at a particular time. If Covid levels are low, the absolute risk reduction rate will be much lower too.

This is different from a relative risk reduction, which compares the numbers of vaccinated people getting ill with those getting ill who did not receive the jab. In the case of AstraZeneca, a peer-review study showed the relative risk was reduced by an average of about 70 per cent.

AstraZeneca has said it emphasised the higher figure – denoting the relative reduction in risk – because that did not alter regardless of the prevalence of Covid at the time.

Lawyers argued that information in the AstraZeneca press release on its efficacy was “misleading because members of the public… assume that the published efficacy rate was an absolute risk rate (in which case the published efficacy rate vastly overstated the efficacy of the vaccine)”."

And from the same article, @sancho panza this lay explanation of relative/absolute risk. 

We've seen many, many run around of this point being made. Good to see it in Telegraph, if readers have made it that far down.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Heart's Ease said:

"The legal claim states: “In fact, the absolute risk reduction concerning Covid-19 prevention was only 1.2 per cent.”

An absolute risk reduction measures how much the vaccine reduces an individual’s baseline risk of getting ill from Covid at a particular time. If Covid levels are low, the absolute risk reduction rate will be much lower too.

This is different from a relative risk reduction, which compares the numbers of vaccinated people getting ill with those getting ill who did not receive the jab. In the case of AstraZeneca, a peer-review study showed the relative risk was reduced by an average of about 70 per cent.

AstraZeneca has said it emphasised the higher figure – denoting the relative reduction in risk – because that did not alter regardless of the prevalence of Covid at the time.

Lawyers argued that information in the AstraZeneca press release on its efficacy was “misleading because members of the public… assume that the published efficacy rate was an absolute risk rate (in which case the published efficacy rate vastly overstated the efficacy of the vaccine)”."

And from the same article, @sancho panza this lay explanation of relative/absolute risk. 

We've seen many, many run around of this point being made. Good to see it in Telegraph, if readers have made it that far down.

Lies, damn dies and statistics.

Retiring early means you die younger…..no, it means the average age of death of those who retire at 90 is higher than the average age of those who retire at 50….for obvious reasons. Not quite the same thing.

I hope one day to try statistics if caught by an ‘average speed camera’. For most of the journey I was under 50, therefore using the ‘mode statistical method’ the average is under 50……I imagine they will double the fine and throw me in jail.😂

As an aside, and having done a tad more research re diet whilst I am improving diet re green veg,  I will be taking K2 as well as the D3 in the way described already on this thread. Easier and bit more precise 😉

51 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Lies, damn dies and statistics.

Retiring early means you die younger…..no, it means the average age of death of those who retire at 90 is higher than the average age of those who retire at 50….for obvious reasons. Not quite the same thing.

I hope one day to try statistics if caught by an ‘average speed camera’. For most of the journey I was under 50, therefore using the ‘mode statistical method’ the average is under 50……I imagine they will double the fine and throw me in jail.😂

As an aside, and having done a tad more research re diet whilst I am improving diet re green veg,  I will be taking K2 as well as the D3 in the way described already on this thread. Easier and bit more precise 😉

Just popped to garage and see The Telegraph paper edition leads with that AZ story on the front page. Wow. I thought it would be buried somewhere inside.

Yes, we take K2 with our Vitamin D. Dr John does a good run around of the topic in a number of his videos. 

Edited by Heart's Ease
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 3

DJ on the test case.

Likely class actions to follow he reasons.

Bascially as @Heart's Ease pointed out earlier,absolute risk reduction ref covid was 1.2%.......see screenshot

image.thumb.png.39ed4bc79347b9d19c8e72e3efc55c11.png

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Heart's Ease said:

Just popped to garage and see The Telegraph paper edition leads with that AZ story on the front page. Wow. I thought it would be buried somewhere inside.

Yes, we take K2 with our Vitamin D. Dr John does a good run around of the topic in a number of his videos. 

It’s taken me a week or two since seeing these threads with initial thoughts of eating veg etc (which I will do) but in the end I have decided to follow the vitamin and mineral supplement recommendations from this thread and summary from @The Masked Tulip and the videos. Thanks for the advice  

Holland & Barrett have a sale in so just bought a load of bits to compliment a healthy diet and exercise.

Hopefully will help get rid of the consequences of the 3 vaccines I have had🤢

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 3

With all these "new revelations" from the legacy media, Im just going to post this "lecture" here as a historic reference point. (I posted it years ago on the covid forum)

https://www.bitchute.com/video/hrXWqlevLUPW/

It's Dr Byram Bridle doing a 40 odd minute lecture in Feb 2021 about the vaccines. It was the first "decent" video I found as in there was no biase. Just a proper expert explaining things, mosly about the Pfizer Vaccine.

If you watch the Video, nothing in the media is new/a surprise, we knew that there were risks, there were some "anomalies" in the clinical trial data that had been presented to the regulators and it would take at least 2 years before we would be able to start confirming the safety profile. If some random associate professor from an unknown Canadian University was teaching this, I would like to assume that most academics in the UK would be teaching something similar.

(3 months later he was the guy who broke the news about the Japan/Pfizer cllinical trial https://archive.org/details/dr.-byram-bridle-viral-immunologist-u-of-guelph that confirmed that the vaccine goes everywhere, Dr Bridle was immediately canceled/Character assassinated. )

The real news story is still, why the government pushed vaccines that were still in phase 3 clinical trials on us, why the media failed to have objective debate and why experts like Dr Brydle were silenced.

Edited by Pinkpanther
spelling
  • Agree 8
  • Informative 3

1 hour ago, Pinkpanther said:

With all these "new revelations" from the legacy media, Im just going to post this "lecture" here as a historic reference point. (I posted it years ago on the covid forum)

https://www.bitchute.com/video/hrXWqlevLUPW/

It's Dr Byram Bridle doing a 40 odd minute lecture in Feb 2021 about the vaccines. It was the first "decent" video I found as in there was no biase. Just a proper expert explaining things, mosly about the Pfizer Vaccine.

If you watch the Video, nothing in the media is new/a surprise, we knew that there were risks, there were some "anomalies" in the clinical trial data that had been presented to the regulators and it would take at least 2 years before we would be able to start confirming the safety profile. If some random associate professor from an unknown Canadian University was teaching this, I would like to assume that most academics in the UK would be teaching something similar.

(3 months later he was the guy who broke the news about the Japan/Pfizer cllinical trial https://archive.org/details/dr.-byram-bridle-viral-immunologist-u-of-guelph that confirmed that the vaccine goes everywhere, Dr Bridle was immediately canceled/Character assassinated. )

The real news story is still, why the government pushed vaccines that were still in phase 3 clinical trials on us, why the media failed to have objective debate and why experts like Dr Brydle were silenced.

Does anyone have a simple view on the...why? I know some companies will make some money....but this feels much much more a concerted effort to stifle debate. 

I completely understand why they don't want TV presenters giving a medical view and may even have wanted to test their ability to control......but why is the medical profession and 'science' not been given the opportunity for healthy critical debate. 

• Agree 4

sleepwello'nights
36 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

I completely understand why they don't want TV presenters giving a medical view and may even have wanted to test their ability to control......but why is the medical profession and 'science' not been given the opportunity for healthy critical debate. 

The suppressIon was far worse. In fact the broadcast media did allow TV presenters to  encourage taking the vaccine. 

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, Pip321 said:

Does anyone have a simple view on the...why? I know some companies will make some money....but this feels much much more a concerted effort to stifle debate. 

There is no "official reason" to why the mainstream media failed to do its job. - of course they would not admit that they failed to bring both sides of the argument. (despite people emailing them to ask why they were not allowing people like Yeadon etc to voice their expert opinions - So they cant say they were not aware)

One view (and I've posted the links to the documents couple of times in the covid threads) is that OfCom published "advice" in May 2020 on how to deal with the pandemic which essentially said free speech is important, however if it contradicts official guidance you better be sure about what you publish and you can see what happened to Mark Steyn on GB news.

(Politico GB on youtube does a good job of highlighting the inconsistencies/doublestandards that Ofcom apply to vaccine "misinformation" since Dec 2020 - 10 min vid.)

I seem to remember that a lot of the media got much needed advertising revenue from the Government during the pandemic, at that time im sure the media were aware of the consequences of questioning the hand that fed them.

Another thing is anything that can harm "public confidence in vaccines" is simply not allowed. But these Vaccines were all still in clincal phase 3 trials, and with regards to a mass rollout were new "technology" (MRNA and Viral Vector) compared to live-attenuated or inactivated vaccines .

But all of the above is irrelevent. - as the telegr*ph article above states "I also clearly remember the head of the Government’s Vaccine Taskforce, Kate Bingham, saying that vaccinating everyone in the country was “not going to happen”. “It’s an adult-only vaccine, for people over 50, focusing on health workers and care home workers and the vulnerable,” she said. Vaccination policy would be aimed at those “most at risk”. She noted that vaccinating healthy people, who are much less likely to have severe outcomes from Covid-19, “could cause them some freak harm”, potentially tipping the scales in terms of the risk-benefit analysis. "

So experts like Bridle, could have come on the TV or had articles in the news educating people, IMO plenty of people would have still taken the vaccine, and most people under 50 probably would not have. It certainly would not have caused the splitting of society that the government narrative created.

To answer your question - simply, I dont now why.

Edited by Pinkpanther
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pinkpanther said:

There is no "official reason" to why the mainstream media failed to do its job. - of course they would not admit that they failed to bring both sides of the argument. (despite people emailing them to ask why they were not allowing people like Yeadon etc to voice their expert opinions - So they cant say they were not aware)

One view (and I've posted the links to the documents couple of times in the covid threads) is that OfCom published "advice" in May 2020 on how to deal with the pandemic which essentially said free speech is important, however if it contradicts official guidance you better be sure about what you publish and you can see what happened to Mark Steyn on GB news.

(Politico GB on youtube does a good job of highlighting the inconsistencies/doublestandards that Ofcom apply to vaccine "misinformation" since Dec 2020 - 10 min vid.)

I seem to remember that a lot of the media got much needed advertising revenue from the Government during the pandemic, at that time im sure the media were aware of the consequences of questioning the hand that fed them.

Another thing is anything that can harm "public confidence in vaccines" is simply not allowed. But these Vaccines were all still in clincal phase 3 trials, and with regards to a mass rollout were new "technology" (MRNA and Viral Vector) compared to live-attenuated or inactivated vaccines .

But all of the above is irrelevent. - as the telegr*ph article above states "I also clearly remember the head of the Government’s Vaccine Taskforce, Kate Bingham, saying that vaccinating everyone in the country was “not going to happen”. “It’s an adult-only vaccine, for people over 50, focusing on health workers and care home workers and the vulnerable,” she said. Vaccination policy would be aimed at those “most at risk”. She noted that vaccinating healthy people, who are much less likely to have severe outcomes from Covid-19, “could cause them some freak harm”, potentially tipping the scales in terms of the risk-benefit analysis. "

So experts like Bridle, could have come on the TV or had articles in the news educating people, IMO plenty of people would have still taken the vaccine, and most people under 50 probably would not have. It certainly would not have caused the splitting of society that the government narrative created.

To answer your question - simply, I dont now why.

I appreciate the detail and your final answer…..it does help me understand the position and whether I was missing something.

With other issues ie Ukraine, Israel, inflation, not using fossils fuels etc I can see absolutely who benefits. No need to delve into those on this thread and indeed my view might be right/wrong on those points but I ‘get’ how countries and people benefit from their own agendas……whereas this one was less straightforward. 

So it could be its as simple as a huge conspiracy to test control or pure incompetence because we are run by people who treat life and death decisions as a 9 to 5 job…..they dug a hole and no one wanted to dig themselves out of it for fear of massive lawsuits etc but really as of now we are still scratching our heads a bit.🤷🏻‍♂️👍   

Edited by Pip321
  • Informative 1

33 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

I appreciate the detail and your final answer…..it does help me understand the position and whether I was missing something.

With other issues ie Ukraine, Israel, inflation, not using fossils fuels etc I can see absolutely who benefits. Non need to delve into those on this thread and indeed my view might be right/wrong on those points but I ‘get’ how countries and people benefit from their own agendas……whereas this one was less straightforward. 

So it could be its as simple as a huge conspiracy to test control or pure incompetence because we are run by people who treat life and death decisions as a 9 to 5 job…..they dug a hole and no one wanted to dig themselves out of it for fear of massive lawsuits etc but really as of now we are still scratching our heads a bit.🤷🏻‍♂️👍   

I don't buy the incompetence/digging themselves a hole argument. 

There was no need in terms of covid risk nor any evidence to support jabbing anyone healthy under 50. 

The government initially said they would offer it to old people and those working with vulnerable people and those vulnerable people. That made sense with the data available. 

They also said they would offer it to everyone else once the above had been offered it. It made sense for them to "offer" it as there were young and healthy people terrified and would want it for "peace of mind"

There was plenty of people who thought either " I've had covid so should have decent immunity." Or "hmm,  from publicly available data, I'm not to concerned about covid, and I don't see the need for for a vaccine that has been rushed".  Both views were valid and it turns out correct.

Once the main group was vaccinated which was about Easter 2021, the government could had just said something like, "the  vaccine centre's are now open to the general public for the next 4 months of you want a vaccine, go get one."

Summer would have arrived life would have resumed, the conspiracy theorists would have been wrong, people would have said the government handled the vaccine roll out well. 

But that as we know is not what happened. 

Edited by Pinkpanther
  • Agree 8
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Pinkpanther said:

I don't buy the incompetence/digging themselves a whole argument. 

There was no need in terms of covid risk nor any evidence to support jabbing anyone healthy under 50. 

The government initially said they would offer it to old people and those working with vulnerable people and those vulnerable people. That made sense with the data available. 

They also said they would offer it to everyone else once the above had been offered it. It made sense for them to "offer" it as there were young and healthy people terrified and would want it for "peace of mind"

There was plenty of people who thought either " I've had covid so should have decent immunity." Or "hmm,  from publicly available data, I'm not to concerned about covid, and I don't see the need for for a vaccine that has been rushed".  Both views were valid and it turns out correct.

Once the main group was vaccinated which was about Easter 2021, the government could had just said something like, "the  vaccine centre's are now open to the general public for the next 4 months of you want a vaccine, go get one."

Summer would have arrived life would have resumed, the conspiracy theorists would have been wrong, people would have said the government handled the vaccine roll out well. 

But that as we know is not what happened. 

Indeed. I think we had the children vax thread, your children will be next (?).

I know for sure I was telling a few I knew, that they would move down the age scales. That thread documented many on heres' view this would happen. It did. Mission creep appeared self evident to many and has been proven to be correct. There was no change in data suggesting the average under 50 risk profile had changed.

We did talk about the contracts. With a suspicion they had a percentage of the population required to take the medicine. Possibly argued that such a percent was required for herd immunity. 

We have only seen snippets of the alleged contracts. For all I know what has been seen is false. Tin foil hat? Maybe. I haven't seen the original. Show me the money.

My guess the Covid enquiry won't even broach this aspect.

Whilst here. The AZ court issue at present, is a stall for the inevitable Phizer, Moderna issue. Again noted on these threads at the time. A useful stooge to throw under the bus.

There was a lot and is a lot of tax money spent here.

Add it to the MIC noted by a former President Ike.

Edited by The Grey Man
  • Agree 5
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, Pip321 said:

I think the disease (let us say the exaggeration of a not very serious disease) is much easier to understand than the "vaccines". The disease/response was absolutely a product if the American empire. It enabled:

> Money printing and then inflation, which was needed to avert another systemic financial failure.

> The 2020 coup in the US to displace Trump who was trying to wind down the empire.

> The fall in oil prices which would strain the Russian economy before it was pushed into war and (the Reagan esque hope) of regime collapse.

> Lots of small scale fraud like PPE to keep the political wheels greased.

I find the vaccines much harder to understand. The most sensible suggestion I have is massive corruption, with senior politicians and media people given pre-warning to buy shares. I think some senior medical people must have been bought or compromised to make it happen, and the local doctors got the chance to sell their integrity and their souls for £12.50, which turned out to be more than enough. I think everyone else was in love with authority - other people's or their own - and also terrified into stupidity.

I have to agree with you though that money/corruption just doesn't sound enough of a motive for the scale and depth of the vaccine crimes ... but the only other thing that has been seriously discussed is a depopulation plan that (fingers crossed since only some of the future has happened yet) failed or was foiled. I am at the stage where I believe that is possible, but it's not compelling to me: there's a potential motive, but no actual evidence.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 2

Bobthebuilder
16 minutes ago, Loki said:

Unfunded pension liabilities 

Gotta be something like that.

My mothers side of the family are undertakers, they saw no difference in numbers during the whole thing.

What turned my head in May 2020 was the lack of body bags, I knew it was bullshit.

• Informative 2

12 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Gotta be something like that.

My mothers side of the family are undertakers, they saw no difference in numbers during the whole thing.

What turned my head in May 2020 was the lack of body bags, I knew it was bullshit.

What have they said about things since then, do they know about that Milton Keynes undertaker John O'Looney?

@Bobthebuilder It was a genuine question - I don't know any undertakers other than him!

Edited by Loki
  • Lol 1

Just now, The Grey Man said:

I think  that will take many lives.

The number of ways they can covertly cause damage over such a prolonged time and different modalities is almost impressive from an impassioned technical standpoint 

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

The number of ways they can covertly cause damage over such a prolonged time and different modalities is almost impressive from an impassioned technical standpoint 

I admire the nudge.

I don't agree with it though. I am of the view nudge has always been here, rather acknowledged and formally named.

The other thing is they know time is limited. They haven't lost though.

One creates a phoenix. A different name, the usual plan. I suspect we are approaching this point.

Disengaging appears the only individual way one might avoid the worst. You are still surrounded by those tapped on the new bait and switch.

Either that and get rich, although that parameter is getting higher.

I think the bar in the UK, for avoiding this is getting higher, totally.

Edited by The Grey Man
  • Agree 4

On 06/11/2023 at 10:33, The Masked Tulip said:

We make no D from sunlight in the UK from mid Sept till the end of April. 

You have a point but your dates are way off. They ought to be symmetrical around June 21st.

Let's say 21st March to 21st September.

Despite it being 9C, it was cloudless and I once got mild sunburn in northern England at the end of March from being out in it all day. 

It can also help being next to reflective surfaces to up the dose from the sun - water, reflective glass etc. 

Over the autumn and winter it makes sense to get to your local tanning vitaminD parlour twice a week. 

The Masked Tulip
6 minutes ago, Stuey said:

You have a point but your dates are way off. They ought to be symmetrical around June 21st.

Let's say 21st March to 21st September.

Despite it being 9C, it was cloudless and I once got mild sunburn in northern England at the end of March from being out in it all day. 

It can also help being next to reflective surfaces to up the dose from the sun - water, reflective glass etc. 

Over the autumn and winter it makes sense to get to your local tanning vitaminD parlour twice a week. 

We have had this conversation several times before. I always respond that Michael Hollick, who was for a long time the sole advocate of D, determined that from late Sept to late April no one above Gibraltar makes D. The further north you are of this latitude the earlier in Autumn you lose D creation and the later it returns the following Spring. 

You always respond with your suntan / sunburn argument. I then counter that getting reddened skin is not the same as D creation. You can have the former without the latter. We go round and round then we both lose interest. 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

We have had this conversation several times before. I always respond that Michael Hollick, who was for a long time the sole advocate of D, determined that from late Sept to late April no one above Gibraltar makes D. The further north you are of this latitude the earlier in Autumn you lose D creation and the later it returns the following Spring. 

It doesn't make logical sense whoever says it. 

Strongest sunshine is June 21st (or a day either side) and is symmetrical around that point. 

sleepwello'nights
4 hours ago, Stuey said:

It doesn't make logical sense whoever says it. 

Strongest sunshine is June 21st (or a day either side) and is symmetrical around that point. 

Logic suggests to me there are other variables, like clouds. Surely Vitamin D creation depends on strength of sunlight reaching the skin. It isn't simply a straightforward case of day length.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23108371/

• Informative 1

5 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Logic suggests to me there are other variables, like clouds. Surely Vitamin D creation depends on strength of sunlight reaching the skin. It isn't simply a straightforward case of day length.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23108371/

Intuition and experience tells me the three months prior to the summer solstice are sunnier than the three months after. Lower humidity in spring. 

In which case it supports my argument that vitD acquisition does not start late April as @The Masked Tulip oddly believes but instead late March. 

Whichever...it is certainly symmetrical around June 21st.