DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

16 minutes ago, The Bear of Doom said:

Sounds a bit like Cuba and keeping 1950s American vehicles on the road due to sanctions!

Yes. Only difference is that we are sanctioning ourselves!

• Agree 4

51 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

There should be a legal right to your money but there is a real mix of our modern society issues that make stuff like this impossible……and it’s educated and well informed customers like you who ends up paying.

Firstly fuckwit customers trying to sue institutions and the government rather than taking responsibility for they actions don’t help.

Secondly a government who pretends they are protecting people by insisting they MUST use an IFA to transfer from a DB pension worth over £30k….however an IFA is probably the person the customer needed protecting from.

Thirdly a corrupt industry made over complex so the industry itself makes more money for itself than it does for its customers. Anyone know a poor IFA?

It’s all shite and I guess you have no legal right….because the laws are not there for your benefit. The government needs a pension industry, it gains from it and it’s their money first and then yours.

I used an IFA who was receptive but I stupidly still use them for an expensive chat each year. I will ditch them but holding on because I want to move my SIPP and he might come in handy for research purposes.

Hope you can get sorted….

Please don't attempt to trigger me (plus everyone else on this thread) by saying we ought to have a legal right to our own money!

@Pip321 I am calling you out as a financial Troll !! (Joke of course)

• Cheers 1

As there has been a bit of pension talk i was mega pissed the other day when i looked at the available L&G funds on the work pension. Granted, i got an EM fund (China, India, Brazil) but F A in the way of mining, commodities, Oil & Gas. Utter fuckers!

Next up, mandatory govercunt and green funds!

Edited by TNS
  • Agree 9

10 minutes ago, TNS said:

i was mega pissed the other day when i looked at the available L&G funds on the work pension

Never a good idea to make significant financial decisions after a skinful.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

Lightscribe
11 minutes ago, TNS said:

As there has been a bit of pension talk i was mega pissed the other day when i looked at the available L&G funds on the work pension. Granted, i got an EM fund (China, India, Brazil) but F A in the way of mining, commodities, Oil & Gas. Utter fuckers!

Next up, mandatory govercunt and green funds!

Why can’t you transfer out into a SIPP? My works partnership stakeholder pension was with L&G and I did exactly that for those reasons.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Just now, stoobs said:

Never a good idea to make significant financial decisions after a skinful.

I did have a couple after seeing the offerings!

• Lol 1

32 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Why can’t you transfer out into a SIPP? My works partnership stakeholder pension was with L&G and I did exactly that for those reasons.

Your works pension will not like you actually doing it. Mine put every obstacle in the way, in particular by saying they would do electronic transfer then doing a 180 and insisting on a thick pack of form filling. Took almost three months. 

Also if you are an employee still contributing then your employer will likely not switch to paying contributions to your SIPP. Which means managing two pensions. Still glad I did it. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Wight Flight
24 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

She added: “In some cases we can argue that the renters have less ability to affect that discussion, whereas a direct mortgage-holder can negotiate with their bank.”

:Jumping:

• Agree 1
  • Lol 6

Bobthebuilder
6 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

My blackbird is called Kevin, after Kevin the teenager, I decided to mimic his song one day having a beer in the garden and he had a meltdown, ripping all the moss off the pond stones and chucking it around. God knows what I said to him, I assume it was bad things about his mother. He has a white spot on his head and now comes to check me out every day, having a little tweet at me. I assume it’s:

”I’m watching you son, I’ll fuck you up”

”Blergh you ma a is fat crow”

I’m trying very hard to whistle better.

Great post.

Not many people realise that lovely bird song they hear is in fact the bird shouting "THIS IS MY MANOR, COME ANYWHERE NEAR ME AND I WILL KICK THE SHIT OUT OF YOU"

• Agree 1
  • Lol 7
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

My blackbird is called Kevin, after Kevin the teenager, I decided to mimic his song one day having a beer in the garden and he had a meltdown, ripping all the moss off the pond stones and chucking it around. God knows what I said to him, I assume it was bad things about his mother. He has a white spot on his head and now comes to check me out every day, having a little tweet at me. I assume it’s:

For several months we have two pigeons that walk (well mooch) around ours’ and the neighbours’ front and back garden like a couple of hoodie 14 year old teenagers. They are scruffy, almost look like they have their ‘hands’ in their pockets and kicking stones around….genuinely hilarious.

Our dog goes out and they literally just lazily fly to the top of the hedge or fence (just out of reach) and stare at him. He’s a big dog, big bark but these two pigeons don’t give a fuck.

I haven’t named them until now….Kevin and Perry 😉👍🏻

The joys of an English garden ☀️🕶️

• Lol 4
  • Cheers 4

Wight Flight
8 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Local plod keep posting pictures of their tame Seagull.

Stephen.

Possibly not original, but always amusing.

• Cheers 1

Mikhail Liebenstein

Just come back from London today having visited "London TechWeek" which is 4 days of tech celebrations, exhibitions and conferences. Think pride for technology.

What struck me was that lunatic 'founders' were out of the asylum. I was expecting more hardcore tech, like nuclear reactors, advanced AI, space exploration etc, but the actual main event seemed to be filled with halfwit founders who managed to raise/borrow some cash and were now splashing it on CRM systems for non existent sales. One firm selling such SaaS offerings even had some poor guy dressed up as a unicorn 🦄 and some  attractive lady with a Cali accent asking young men in their 30s if they were founders before trying to sell stuff.

To top it all, it was even sponsored by Silicon Valley Bank - er sorry HSBC!

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
  • Informative 4
  • Lol 7
  • Vomit 1

10 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Ha ha I do that, they do indeed go mental. The wood pigeons don’t seem to mind though.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
5 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Mrs P has about ten years in of a final salary scheme that closed in 2022.

The only prolbem is that when I read the small print the inflation linkage is only up to 2.5% CPI.Firstly that's pretty dire in an era when 5% may be consdiered low and sustained double figure runs quite possible.

I know you've said before that it's ahrd to do due to regulatory pressure but is there a legal right people have to trsnfer out do you know?

Appreciate if anyone else knows. iirc @Democorruptcy did a final salary transfer as well.

Yes I got mine out before DB. My IFA gave me a 'Yes' to the transfer so it was easy. The firm he worked for has since gone bust and there isn't a month goes by when I don't get an email from some chancer begging me to sue his firm for poor advice. I assume the compensation claims might be why the firm went bust and there lies the problem. Nobody these days wants to risk saying 'Yes' in case they get sued and the providers that did accept a transfer even if the advice was a 'No', now won't take the money.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 3

Mikhail Liebenstein
5 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Mrs P has about ten years in of a final salary scheme that closed in 2022.

The only prolbem is that when I read the small print the inflation linkage is only up to 2.5% CPI.Firstly that's pretty dire in an era when 5% may be consdiered low and sustained double figure runs quite possible.

I know you've said before that it's ahrd to do due to regulatory pressure but is there a legal right people have to trsnfer out do you know?

Appreciate if anyone else knows. iirc @Democorruptcy did a final salary transfer as well.

I think DC schemes are fine if you can do the leg work to ensure your not invested in overly safe, non growth assets.

A lot don't check and sit in 'lifestyle' funds which hardly grow. Or start buying bonds, which are really designed for income, too early. 

I've always sat as much as possible in equity funds, and even with periods of volatility they always end higher after 18 months.

My drawdown strategy might be to hold say 2 years cash, and leave the rest in stocks to avoid selling equities at a loss.

• Informative 3

4 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

I am currently on a Train from Birmingham back to Carlisle, our Train was cancelled but luckily we have managed to get on a delayed Train.

It shows how delusional all this Green Bollocks is.

They would have to spend Hundreds of Billions to make the Railway Network half way decent.

It's the first time I've been to Birmingham, what a shithole!

I don’t know Birmingham. So-called has article that commuter cars being stripped for parts. No idea how common it is. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-65767351

• Informative 2

3 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

Now 4.61...

get Kwarteng back!

Is it spiking because the markets see Labour getting in? Tory party is infighting?

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
Just now, Ash4781b said:

Is it spiking because the markets see Labour getting in? Tory party is infighting?

I would have thought that had been priced in for months.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

I don’t know Birmingham. So-called has article that commuter cars being stripped for parts. No idea how common it is. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-65767351

It used to be common many years ago particularly amongst the younger generation when times were more like the present, high prices, high inflation, people losing or without jobs no doubt bennies are more generous these days but not for everyone.

Back then if someone said where did you get your new parts they would say 'from CPS' I eventually learned that meant Car Park Spares. 

• Informative 1
  • Lol 4