DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Can anyone recommend a trading platform that does ISAs, has good market coverage (equities) and reasonable charges?  

I'm using Fidelity but the lack of coverage has become too much to put up with. 

t212, aj and bell, so on... theres much to choose from

58 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

HSBC gets down to 300 then it might be worth a punt.

HSBC is a good shout, I will be keeping an eye on SSantander too

leonardratso
16 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

So because purchasing power has been destroyed and investment returns in pension funds still haven't recovered to 2021 levels the little people can try and save 50% harder.

Fuck-you Cunt, fuck-you HM Gov, fuck you Politicians.

steady now, youll give yourself a prolapse.

• Lol 2

8 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

My worry is are there other changes to pay for it.Pushing the pension age back of factory workers to pay for even bigger pensions for consultants in the NHS etc would be shocking.They might also do this,but add pensions to estates instead of being inheritance tax free,doesnt hit those Drs as they are final salary pensions but would smash anyone in money purchase to pay for them.

Its ludicrous how often they are changing pensions rules.I dont think it will have any effect on people retiring though.Most are going because of the toxic woke bullshit and are sick of paying tax for scroungers.Im off out on the drink tomorrow for Cheltenham,but dont want to be too rough Weds as this budget could be interesting.

better be cask only

Edited by F150

19 minutes ago, F150 said:

better be cask only

Cheap lager,going in a car,diesel,il dump the car and take another car the next day to pick up that car.No buses here after 8pm.

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, DurhamBorn said:

Cheap lager,going in a car,diesel,il dump the car and take another car the next day to pick up that car.No buses here after 8pm.

that's car brain infrastructure ruining local businesses again

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
12 hours ago, PatronizingGit said:

Has the motley fool ever said any stock market investment is bad, ever, in the last 15-20 years?

oh yeah lots, recently they said to give Rolls-Royce a wide berth when they were DOWN to 70p!xD

motley fool are a bunch of dipshit FOOL stock tippers, they have the HIGHEST paid 'direct response copywriters' AND this is how they persuade the gullible to part with cash for their BS newsletters/subscriptions etc...

BUT, they are a FANTASTIC contrarian indicator!;)

rr-fool.jpg.42fff85b4133d760b938108d356c32f4.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

Lightscribe
34 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

The plot thickens?

I’ve been thinking about this. The SVP collapse was probably the ‘best’ outcome the Fed could have hoped for with a bit of QE in all but name.

Stuck between a rock and hard place, they couldn’t raise up above 5.5%, yield curves  were still inverting higher, inflation wasn’t budging, DXY was getting stronger.

By shaking the $, ‘stimulating’ the yields to drop, indicators have turned that inflation will now drop (without further rate rises) causing a rush to treasuries to secure at current yields dropping them further giving some breathing space.

Win-win, doesn’t stop a recession or a secondary inflationary wave however, but it certainly buys time.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 2

7 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

Not really, Fed spoketh:  "let U.S Treasuries, agency debt and mortgage-backed securities, and other qualifying assets not be marked to Market, but at par value"   And the market bought those bonds because the Fed Bond Put now makes something worth (say) 80 cents now worth close to 100.

The key thing is how long can they keep doing this, raising interest rates to combat inflation depresses bond prices, so if Powell wants to keep hiking the problem is going to keep happening.  Those bonds will eventually have to sit losing value on someone's balance sheet.

In a nutshell they are printing money to buy bonds so they can raise rates to stop inflation.  Western financial systems make no sense and are rather fragile these days.

I don't pretend to understand it but surely the problem shrinks, and eventually disappears, as these debt securities mature, at par.  In that sense it's a temporary accounting plug and the duration of the debt determines how temporary it is.  If they're using printed money to buy that is reversed at maturity, no?

I'm not defending them or their fraudulent system, just trying to work out the impact.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

BREAKING NEWS

Now I am not one to start rumours, but I have been reliably informed today that the SVB collapse wasn't as a result of a depositor 'run', but was actually due to one of the Dosbods community [who will remain nameless] buying some shares last Thursday.

FYI, I understand he/she is contemplating buying further Banking Sector shares of a former colony Worldwide bank again this Thursday, so you might all want to buy Centrica instead! :-)

Can't believe you marked this as informative @Yellow_Reduced_Sticker! ...hope you don't think it's a tip?! :-)))

Noallegiance
9 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

So because purchasing power has been destroyed and investment returns in pension funds still haven't recovered to 2021 levels the little people can try and save 50% harder.

Fuck-you Cunt, fuck-you HM Gov, fuck you Politicians.

Sounds just like when they upped the tap-pay from £30-£50-£100.

Upping currency limits as they know it's going down hard against goods and services.

• Agree 4

What worries me is that inflation might simply be swept under the carpet either by fiddling with the measures, or just tolerating it. Of course it looks like coming down sharply because very high figures now drop out of the 12m, but then how it remains at 2% is beyond me.

Obviously the bond markets are screaming for cuts but I don't see why Powell should listen to that. Credibility would be improved if he just raised and kept it there until inflation was done. Once credibility is lost it isn't easy to get that back.

Somehow it seems rather mad to me, if you just look at the interest rate reflecting the time cost of money and also counterparty risk. If the central bank is not suppressing it via QE the natural rate is not going to be 1% or 2%. 

• Agree 4