DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

As council tax bills land on doormats I am starting to hear a lot of anecdotal chatter. People are not happy. Whether it evolves into a full blown crisis im not sure.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 4

HousePriceMania
10 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's ridiculous just how shit the roads are here in the 'rich' South East, I don't think I've ever seen such general disrepair

It's difficult driving now.

The Waze app does have some pot hole info but it's usually not too accurate but better than nothing.

There are some big pot-holes now on major roads round here, matter of time till someone dies because of one

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, HousePriceMania said:

What the fuck do they all do ?

Fuck all.

I'm serious. There was a movement during the pandemic called the "overemployed" movement where tech workers, often high paid tech workers, would secretely get second and in some cases third jobs. Some were bringing in hundreds of K a year.

None of the jobs required anything like a full working week so they were able to hold two or more jobs down at once.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 5
  • Lol 3

2 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

Is pretofac fucked ?

Thinking of cutting my losses on them, anyone any thoughts ?

Are you talking about PFC [Petrofac]...seems to be going through a difficult time for mainly the same reasons as WG. i.e.SFO. That said, WG. has turned around recently; well the share price, as a result of buy-out offers....may be worth holding out for a similar offer before jumping', especially as the idea of 'The Green Economy' [and demonisation of fossil fuels] has been put on the 'Back boiler'.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Im not happy about the f**king pot-holes.

£2Bn in aid handed out yesterdaym can't drive down a road without breaking your car or nearly dying trying to avoid the holes

A Day in the Life of Modern Britain

• Agree 3

32 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's ridiculous just how shit the roads are here in the 'rich' South East, I don't think I've ever seen such general disrepair

Trains are pretty dire too. Everyone I speak to has lost faith in the trains. Unreliable 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

leonardratso
59 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Trains are pretty dire too. Everyone I speak to has lost faith in the trains. Unreliable 

132 Railcard Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

• Lol 11

honkydonkey
1 hour ago, Ash4781b said:

A modern indictment of Britain is I initially read that as Trans. 

• Lol 10

Im not happy about the f**king pot-holes.

£2Bn in aid handed out yesterdaym can't drive down a road without breaking your car or nearly dying trying to avoid the holes

This country is seriously fucked up

1 hour ago, Loki said:

It's difficult driving now.

The Waze app does have some pot hole info but it's usually not too accurate but better than nothing.

There are some big pot-holes now on major roads round here, matter of time till someone dies because of one

I’ve explained why the roads are fucked up and are going to get even more fucked up with EVs and SUVs

but some car brains never learn

SAD!

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1

2 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

What the fuck do they all do ?

Take pictures of their food and tell us what they are feeling apparently.

I have no FB and couldn't give a T***.

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

132 Railcard Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

That is a GREAT slogan at the bottom

Needs a 2023 update though adding a line informing the proles that the age of the car is OVER!

Edited by F150
  • Lol 2

1 minute ago, F150 said:

I’ve explained why the roads are fucked up and are going to get even more fucked up with EVs and SUVs

but some car brains never learn

SAD!

1122187621_anythingelse.jpg.2f5cf32c980cf98ba25c8946ca84d03b.jpg

I'll just push my tools 20 miles to work in a wheelbarrow

Fucking pedalphiles 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 9

Just now, Plan-b said:

Can't you get an App for that?

I might hire F150 on one of those cargo bike things they use in London and just boot him in the back the whole time

HURRY UP IT'S NEARLY 7.30AM WE'RE LATE

YES I KNOW IT'S HEAVY, SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT SHOULDNTCHAAAAA....

• Agree 1
  • Lol 10

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

London seems to think people drive vans in just out of spite, or to ruin the view or something.  Still, more and more people I chat to are just stopping working there - there's more than enough work elsewhere.  The supply of labour won't dry up, it's too big,  but prices will go up and good luck to them

Theres plenty more ULEZ crap coming down the pipeline for many areas, not all tradesman want or can afford the latest vehicle so that they can drive to work where the are needed perhaps the Age of the City is Over! Cities will fall apart without constant maintenance and improvement and replacement.

• Agree 8

Just now, Plan-b said:

Theres plenty more ULEZ crap coming down the pipeline for many areas, not all tradesman want or can afford the latest vehicle so that they can drive to work where the are needed perhaps the Age of the City is Over! Cities will fall apart without constant maintenance and improvement and replacement.

Cities are all on 'life support', of course rural life isn't exempt from external inputs, even farming relies on diesel and fertiliser etc but it's simple logic you can be more self-sufficient in the country with access to land

• Agree 4