DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

HousePriceMania
13 minutes ago, dnb24 said:

Barclays shares have been halted - 7% down

https://www.fool.co.uk/2023/03/13/for-monday-should-i-buy-barclays-shares-to-generate-a-second-income/

Should I buy Barclays shares to generate a second income?

Errrr, no.

11 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Im only watching this budget to see if someone comes in and whispers something in his ear....

Im only watching this budget to see if the police come in and arrest him and Sunak.

• Lol 11

20 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Im only watching this budget to see if someone comes in and whispers something in his ear....

That’s brilliant. He could easily be back later in day for an announcement.

Just now, DurhamBorn said:

His disability reforms will deliver zero.Laughable really.

Devil is in the detail. If it's what I've heard then an entire category of 'disability' is about to go up in smoke. Need to see that white paper.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 4

1 minute ago, marceau said:

Devil is in the detail. If it's what I've heard then an entire category of 'disability' is about to go up in smoke. Need to see that white paper.

Like this snippet from the BBC, I wonder what their definition of tax 'avoidance' is because I thought tax avoidance was totally legal.

image.png.bdf3a909cc4b2294f2e53bff8c0056b0.png

• Agree 5

belfastchild
Just now, DurhamBorn said:

Midlife MOT,fair enough,they will try to scare people off retiring thats all.LTA abolished O.o means Labour cant manipulate it,nothing else on pensions so far,no mention of pension ages etc.I think the pension talk is simply cover for the welfare changes to come.

I think at some point they will count pensions in IHT,because if not very high earners will be able to ensure none of their children have to work once they die.

Was the talk of MOTs only for benefits recipients or disabled?
Got distracted but thought he went straight from them to doctors and the high limits.

In other words, heard fuck all about the likes of me who are sick of paying out for feck all return.

Eventually Right
1 minute ago, DurhamBorn said:

Midlife MOT,fair enough,they will try to scare people off retiring thats all.LTA abolished O.o means Labour cant manipulate it,nothing else on pensions so far,no mention of pension ages etc.I think the pension talk is simply cover for the welfare changes to come.

I think at some point they will count pensions in IHT,because if not very high earners will be able to ensure none of their children have to work once they die.

Lifetime pension allowance abolished-got to be a 'silver lining' for you DB! :Beer:

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Eventually Right said:

Lifetime pension allowance abolished-got to be a 'silver lining' for you DB! :Beer:

Market might have other ideas :o

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4

Wight Flight
6 minutes ago, marceau said:

Jeremy Hunt just gave me more money than anyone else in history.

Still think he's a cunt though.

Lucky you.

Fuck all for me. As usual.

• Cheers 2

Eventually Right
6 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Market might have other ideas :o

True, but I guess now if the market Gods do smile on you, HMRC isn't the beneficiary

(Until, as you suggest, pensions become subject to IHT!)

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

If thats true, thats me definitely taking the sipp in 18 months. If I can take out the tax free bit and still put in 10k a year afterwards, then where do I sign?

Needs a thread of its own.

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, marceau said:

And that's the problem, this is an upper end public-sector focused giveaway. It does nothing to change the structural issues.

Nothing for small businesses from what I can see.

Which might bite him in the arse given how many are on their knees already.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1

Just now, Wight Flight said:

Nothing for small businesses from what I can see.

Which might bite him in the arse given how many are on their knees already.

Nor was there likely to be, it's not part of their model. The direction on this is absolutely clear and it isn't going to change.

That model is a bust. Unfortunately there isn't a willingness to recognise it, not is there the vision to imagine any other way.

We keep going down from here.

• Agree 5