DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

Democorruptcy
2 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

Bloody hell - that’s so useful to know. Bastards  nearly caught me out with the small print. 

There is always a “catch”.

thanks @Democorruptcy

You couldn’t point me in the direction of some 3.5% yielding shares/funds that never go down could you….? They don’t even have to go up. 

No I couldn't, that's partly why I shifted some from shares to cash. I've looked at various supposedly safe 'money market' type funds and never found one I'd invest in.

• Informative 2

2 minutes ago, lid said:

There's a guy going round town selling smokes out of a backpack 

Tried one, think they're made up of pubes and cat poo

Got long.BAT xD

We get the Belorussian ones round here, 3.50 a pack, think the name translates as 'fast'. They're pretty strong but alright. Much better than the fake ones.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

M S E Refugee
7 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

How does one buy shares in Wagner Group.

Seems a well managed start up with good growth potential in this macro.

Could be a unicorn.

I did have some Russian shares last February and it didn't end well:CryBaby:.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 2

On 02/02/2023 at 14:14, Boon said:

What ETFs or products do people use to get exposure to treasuries? 

I do think for me the time is coming to get involved in this. I think for both US/UK we are looking at one more raise and then done.

1 hour ago, Jesus Wept said:

Bloody hell - that’s so useful to know. Bastards  nearly caught me out with the small print. 

There is always a “catch”.

thanks @Democorruptcy

You couldn’t point me in the direction of some 3.5% yielding shares/funds that never go down could you….? They don’t even have to go up. 

hi @Jesus Wept  how about ishares  “ibtg”. 1 to 3 year USA treasuries. They are hedged to GBP so no currency risk. Paying around 4% interest. Treasuries so no credit risk

• Informative 6

Long time lurking
47 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

How does one buy shares in Wagner Group.

Seems a well managed start up with good growth potential in this macro.

Could be a unicorn.

It`s listed next to the French Foreign Legion

33 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Says it all really:

They will be deployed in 2026 with no government funding required.

AIUI RR wouldn't be able to meet that deadline for production units, assuming it actually goes ahead on schedule.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Animal Spirits

Why I never invest in bank shares

https://archive.is/g9hTJ

Tel weighs in on bank stocks.

"The average return on equity (ROE) in the S&P banks sector over the past five years is just 10.9 per cent. This compares with the ROE on the S&P consumer staples sector over the same period of 17.9 per cent."

Past 5 years and longer not a good environment for banks, even worse for EZ banks where NIRP has been destroying bank profitibility. Implementing negative nominal interest rates says a lot about the state of an economy.

Edited by Animal Spirits
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

Says it all really:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/us-firm-agrees-to-sell-24-mini-nuclear-reactors-to-uk-customers/ar-AA18RD9l?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=f365959723874c09b0ac3126b764995b&ei=19

..the government 'spunk' our taxes on 'development', and then end up supporting another countries economic output...what message would it give to a prospective overseas customer of the UK product ?..."Buy this world class piece of British engineering, but don't expect us to"....no wonder we have a balance of payment issue!

Small fry. Less than 1 million homes. Uk pop will swallow that up in four years. Red meat until the big ones pass through planning 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

Says it all really:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/us-firm-agrees-to-sell-24-mini-nuclear-reactors-to-uk-customers/ar-AA18RD9l?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=f365959723874c09b0ac3126b764995b&ei=19

..the government 'spunk' our taxes on 'development', and then end up supporting another countries economic output...what message would it give to a prospective overseas customer of the UK product ?..."Buy this world class piece of British engineering, but don't expect us to"....no wonder we have a balance of payment issue!

Someone in the UK is getting very rich from this 'deal' xD

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, jc747 said:

Small fry. Less than 1 million homes. Uk pop will swallow that up in four years. Red meat until the big ones pass through planning 

true. The really interesting bit IMO is:

Nuclear plants can also provide heat which can be used in many chemical and industrial processes like cement making. Last Energy’s design can output 60MW of thermal energy.

If industrial heat users switch wholesale to modular reactors this could sustitute for a fair bit of Nat Gas. In a post Ukraine world modular reactors could be a life saver for industry.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 3

55 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Says it all really:

The plants have been sold via power purchase agreements, which lock buyers into long-term energy contracts and mean that Last Energy can seek more funding for clearing the designs and eventually building them.

They have no funding to actually build them yet, and Last Energy hasn't gone through the regulatory steps which are not a formality.  Their website is a bit light on details so exactly what stage they are at is a bit uncertain, 2030 earliest is much more likely if they ever happen.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 2

ThoughtCriminal
45 minutes ago, Loki said:

You told an OUTSIDER?

dis.jpg.6236bff25df5476b21ea3727baf8470e.jpg

She asked where I was getting all these ideas from and by the time I'd explained.........well she'd decided we were probably on to something but that we were all autistic spastics. 🤷😂

• Agree 2
  • Love / Hugz 2
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

leonardratso

think id rather have the real carol vorderman, and from what i can see shes a right cunt these days.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 1

4 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

She asked where I was getting all these ideas from and by the time I'd explained.........well she'd decided we were probably on to something but that we were all autistic spastics. 🤷😂

Tbf the thread prefers to be professionally recognised as 'idiot savants'!!

• Lol 10