DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

16 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

If I was defrauding the Government or anyone else on an ongoing basis I wouldn't tell anyone about it. This case is fraud amounting to tens of thousands of pounds. Should result in prison time.

In my town of 20k i would think 2k of the bennie claims are fraud.Likely 5 million in the country have some fraud in the claims.Its not policed at all.

• Agree 6

Yadda yadda yadda
1 minute ago, DurhamBorn said:

In my town of 20k i would think 2k of the bennie claims are fraud.Likely 5 million in the country have some fraud in the claims.Its not policed at all.

Zero consequences. Lots think if you can't beat them join them. Crime pays.

• Agree 7

AlfredTheLittle
2 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Zero consequences. Lots think if you can't beat them join them. Crime pays.

And no chance of it being policed because the people who would police it (who work in the benefits office) are all at it too - 16 hours work, kids on pip, and don't live with your partner. We've turned into Greece (but cold, with crap food)

• Agree 7
  • Lol 2

Digitial currency you would think goes some way to solving fraud issues?

It is gonna be hard to move it elsewhere if the list of things allowed to buy with it is small and also it expires after a set amount of time.

It'll be marketed as equal but I don't think it will be. Somehow we have to get to a point where £1 made by working is worth more than £1 from benefits. 

• Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Boon said:

It is gonna be hard to move it elsewhere if the list of things allowed to buy with it is small and also it expires after a set amount of time.

It'll be marketed as equal but I don't think it will be. Somehow we have to get to a point where £1 made by working is worth more than £1 from benefits. 

There will be MORE fraud under digital currency, not less.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 2

11 minutes ago, marceau said:

The devil is in the detail. The average Joe can't just 'stop working' - he'll get fuck all from the state. Doley 'ultras' either have their entire lives (and the lives of everyone around them) configured around the claim or have some structural reason that makes it viable (disability, sperg children, index-linked DB pension etc).

I'm seeing lots of 'how does it get fixed' posts here since the budget. There is NOTHING waiting in the wings capable of rescuing the situation. NOTHING. The best you'll get is a Blair redux attempt, which will quickly fail because material conditions in the UK will not support the 90s paradigm they will be attempting to recreate. There also will imo, be no reindustrialisation, the human clay just isn't there to do it anymore. We'll have to bring in someone else and that will be on their terms, not ours.

As the British state bleeds, it will only delve further into fantasy, because to recognise reality is to recognise that the game is up. The elite regard workers as livestock and hold them in utter contempt, honesty in this system is relentlessly punished; so if you uncynically play along, you can expect to get farmed. The direction of travel is absolutely clear and it is not going to change.

I see some very clever people here are about to pull an HPC mark 2 and waste time assuming a resumption of sanity. There is no sanity possible with the British state, it is fundamentally insane and has been for a long time. There is what should happen and there is what will happen. Don't allow yourselves to be outplayed by doleys, gypos, 2nd rate trots and guys straight off the banana boat. Either understand the system and play along with it to your benefit, or get out and start somewhere new.

It's honestly a shit situation and I wish it wasn't happening. 

Outstanding post and from my POV and understanding of the 'the situation' you clearly get it.  The human clay aspect you bring up is something i try and touch on but nowhere near as well.  It's not a numbers thing

• Agree 11

2 hours ago, No One said:

He can say whatever he wants, but like I've said before, and to use a swamp analogy....a swamp cannot be drained from the inside. Listening to Curtis Yarvin yesterday, he made a similar point about Desantis, if you do this its all in or dont bother.

He gets my vote but they may remove him with a tragic accident.

geordie_lurch

Some great posts this morning all :Beer: As someone that would have loved to settle in Spain or Portugal in a few years time I'm going to have to think of further afield for my plan b over the UK as the following illustrates the EU is just as bad if not worse than the UK going by how they handled Convid. Maybe I will follow my investment money to South America :P

EDIT FFS I hadn't even seen this shit from Lagarde :PissedOff:

Edited by geordie_lurch
  • Agree 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 3
  • Vomit 5
  • Cheers 1

Yadda yadda yadda
15 minutes ago, marceau said:

There will be MORE fraud under digital currency, not less.

That is interesting. Why will there be more fraud under CBDC? I could guess that everyone will be receiving something so everyone will be in a position to cheat. I'd like a etter understanding rather than that though.

3 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Some great posts this morning all :Beer: As someone that would have loved to settle in Spain or Portugal in a few years time I'm going to have to think of further afield for my plan b over the UK as the following illustrates the EU is just as bad if not worse than the UK going by how they handled Convid. Maybe I will follow my investment money to South America :P

A lot of South America is pretty safe and they let foreigners buy property. Wouldn't need much in the way of income to live a decent life. 

The long term ransacking of sterling is something to consider (that I fail to consider enough) when investing I think. 

• Informative 1

Virgil Caine
40 minutes ago, Boon said:

Pure cash benefits are always going to be attractive to fraudsters as they are highly fungible. Replacing them with something less easily interchangeable would certainly be a starting point,

Edited by Virgil Caine
  • Agree 4

Yadda yadda yadda
3 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Of course they understand. 

But you must understand they are globlalists. Maintaining (much less improving) living standards of the western working/middle class is anathema to them.  They have absolutely zero attachment/affinity for anyone outside of their elite cabal, and the notion that the masses in the UK, or Germany, or wherever, are automatically entitled to a higher standard of living than the masses in India, or Nigeria, or wherever else, is utterly alien to them. 

Until living standards for the global man harmonize, expect financial repression to continue. 

Its not like people havent been warned. The 'far right' be it in the form of the John Birchers, or even ethno nationalist groups have been merely stating what is basic logic for 50 plus years. But we moved beyond appreciation of logic long ago. 

This is so basic but people don't understand because they don't want to. From a moral perspective why should a worker in the UK have a higher standard of living than one in India? It is hard to argue against that just as it is hard to argue that wealth should be spread more equally across the UK. To assert otherwise is to be greedy. Greed is, of course, a fundamental part of human nature.

You can have a further argument that the governing class does not deserve a higher standard of living than the worker but that is never going to happen. Those with power will use it to their advantage. They are greedy too. Far moreso than average.

It follows that we the people of more developed countries are the enemies of the governing class as we want to maintain and improve our standards of living. They hate and fear us. We are a problem for them.

• Agree 6

geordie_lurch

Wow not seen this one before of Lagarde spelling out TPTB plans for restricting what you can spend with their digital €

• Informative 9
  • Vomit 4

Yadda yadda yadda
2 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

I think it'll end in either bennies getting rolled back substantially ie no PIP,basic UB and a bit of HB paid to LL or it'll end in a complete collpase of sterling.

My working assumption is the complete collpase of sterling.UK govt detbs ie welfare/NHS  bill,have been funded with foreign moeny,pension moeny and printed moeny buying gilts.Thats how we've been running deficits for 30 years.Reality is that foreigners have cut buying back for a number of reasons,printing has stopped, BUT pension funds are compelled to buy.

UK is headed to a very dark place imho.Last year when Ukraine kicked off,it accelerated the inflation that was already there.

Our politcal elite jsut don't have a clue what's coming.They're all schooled in PPE and Goldman in hosue training and are busy looking at the last 20 years of data rather than the last 200.

I'm genuinely taken aback at the speed with which we;re heading to the precipice

I see living standards for those working and those claiming benefits declining in tandem. Possibly steadily and then all at once with some sort of crisis.

The governing class are not working for our interests. They're working for globalist interests which are directly opposed.

@Calcutta suggests South America as an escape route. This might be a good idea. Family ties prevent me from considering it in depth. I think we're heading towards an Argentinian style future. Massive inequality. Only they have better weather, in much of the country, and a lot more land.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Should result in prison time.

Our prisons are 'full to bursting', where are you going to put them?...The role of prison should be as originally defined i.e. places for those who are a physical danger to society.

As for those who defraud?....confiscation off all their assets, including those that they have moved 'outside' of their normal sphere to avoid such a situation....'hit them where it hurts' i.e. their coveting of money, rather than the result being a burden on the honest, tax paying majority [majority used very loosely!].

• Agree 2