DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

King Penda
9 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

This is the issue with physical silver, trying to sell the bloody thing when the time comes.

I had (before my boat sank) 10kg of pre 1947 assorted coins, so no VAT. I bought them for the long term, but I still wonder how easy it will be to sell them when the day comes though.

You need contacts just like you need contacts to shift metal detecting finds that are er undeclared.the guys that tried to shift the very rare coins that got 11 years (last month)made a big mistake the coins were simply to rare and unusual for him. So he informed the authorities. You can sell anything with the right contacts and plan . But those coins were the equivalent of trying to sell the mona lisa. In your case of silver doubles just sell them the same way has you bought them

Edited by King Penda
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1

47 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

I hear Harley’s are no longer made in the USA as of a couple of years ago. Not going to sit well with the Patriots who are a large part of the biker movement, presumably reflected in sales, a bit like Bud Light.

Yep, the patriot cohort have been punished a lot recently...

Edited by JMD
  • Informative 1

M S E Refugee

Spoke too soon, Silver getting smashed back down under $25.

Do JP Morgan need some spare cash or something?

Edited by M S E Refugee
  • Agree 2
  • Bogged 1

King Penda

A little bit more for my stash now I’ve discovered I can make 5 semi healthy meals out of a single tin of corned beef .I’m concentrating on what I suspect will go up the most it’s not going to be carrots and peas . There’s the main ingredient for over 30 meals 

6DC91D9A-195A-4DEB-A61F-C33202D88D9B.jpeg

Edited by King Penda
  • Agree 4
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 3

Joncrete Cungle
48 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

A few none basement more normie investing YouTube channels I watch occasionally have been big on buying Reits over the past few months....:ph34r:

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Bogged 2
  • Lol 2

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, King Penda said:

A little bit more for my stash now I’ve discovered I can make 5 semi healthy meals out of a single tin of corned beef .I’m concentrating on what I suspect will go up the most it’s not going to be carrots and peas . There’s the main ingredient for over 30 meals 

6DC91D9A-195A-4DEB-A61F-C33202D88D9B.jpeg

You need to have a crack at this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/corned_beef_and_onion_91401

But use ready made pastry 

Bloody lovely.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

belfastchild
2 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

This is the issue with physical silver, trying to sell the bloody thing when the time comes.

I had (before my boat sank) 10kg of pre 1947 assorted coins, so no VAT. I bought them for the long term, but I still wonder how easy it will be to sell them when the day comes though.

Yeah, before my boat sank my friend had a lot of silver they bought with no VAT. Switched to buying brits and paying a premium so they could avoid CGT in future. Rishi sorted that out though.
Probably just sell in the countries they bought from, with the odd set posted to atkinsons or dropped into chards.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Don Coglione
2 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

Spoke too soon, Silver getting smashed back down under $25.

Do JP Morgan need some spare cash or something?

Given that they have been instructed to "save" First Republic, I would say yes!

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
9 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

Random but interesting 

0445563A-E7FC-4018-A1D0-7D204C1CF7C0.thumb.jpeg.0cdacf43d50a69e41b28f8c85d76a9ee.jpeg

Whats new ,when the shit hits the fan the toys are always the first to go out the window 

• Agree 4

Long time lurking
6 hours ago, janch said:

Nicked from @NTBon another thread:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/zimbabwe-introduce-gold-backed-digital-currency

Zimbabwe will launch a digital currency next month by introducing "tokens" that are backed by gold reserves and can be transferred between people and businesses as a form of payment, the country's central bank said Friday.

The move is aimed at shoring up Zimbabwe's faltering national currency, the Zimbabwe dollar, which is fast depreciating amid yearslong economic woes in the southern African nation.

This is nothing new in Africa ,Nigeria just tried similar ,i`m guessing here, my take on it is ,it`s an attempt to get rid or at least reduce the use of the $ 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Long time lurking
4 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

That`s the problem and it gets worse when it looks like the price is topping out 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

Random but interesting 

0445563A-E7FC-4018-A1D0-7D204C1CF7C0.thumb.jpeg.0cdacf43d50a69e41b28f8c85d76a9ee.jpeg

So a reverse repo can now also mean when they give you your Hardly Movingson back again 

Do they do this shit on purpose? 

• Lol 2

Sugarlips
22 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Whats new ,when the shit hits the fan the toys are always the first to go out the window 

I think that might be new thread worthy, is anyone here actually buying any big ticket items currently?

I’m hearing credit lines are being cut in the US auto industry across the board and motors are revolving through auction houses as failed to meet reserve week after week. Not sure if that’s the case here yet though?

• Informative 3

6 hours ago, King Penda said:

That’s very true but there are things you can do with silver and ready cash that’s not in the system.has an example I’ve got over 9k in cash that will need to be banked has the notes will change due to the death of the queen . Has you can see for some weird reason I’m just under 6k. I won’t go above 6k ever .

EF185508-F96C-4835-8EFF-2DED8FDEC505.jpeg

LLOYDS barely pays interest, why noy stick it in a fix saver account?

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Rocketing prices won’t be so much of a problem for attractive girls .

A9BF067A-325A-4FAE-A630-4D8E2C6F2EFB.jpeg

I'm going to need some return on investment 

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

53 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Rocketing prices won’t be so much of a problem for attractive girls .

A9BF067A-325A-4FAE-A630-4D8E2C6F2EFB.jpeg

That surgery was a good investment!  Free drinks from now on!

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

King Penda
13 minutes ago, No One said:

LLOYDS barely pays interest, why noy stick it in a fix saver account?

This is true but it’s my normal acount . I’ve got to cash a pension soon once I can be arsed to get a full time job then I will be looking to get has close to 5% has I can I think some of the app based ones offer about 4.7% 

montecristo
8 minutes ago, King Penda said:

This is true but it’s my normal acount . I’ve got to cash a pension soon once I can be arsed to get a full time job then I will be looking to get has close to 5% has I can I think some of the app based ones offer about 4.7% 

https://smartsavebank.co.uk/

• Cheers 2