DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

6 hours ago, King Penda said:

That’s very true but there are things you can do with silver and ready cash that’s not in the system.has an example I’ve got over 9k in cash that will need to be banked has the notes will change due to the death of the queen . Has you can see for some weird reason I’m just under 6k. I won’t go above 6k ever .

EF185508-F96C-4835-8EFF-2DED8FDEC505.jpeg

LLOYDS barely pays interest, why noy stick it in a fix saver account?

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Rocketing prices won’t be so much of a problem for attractive girls .

A9BF067A-325A-4FAE-A630-4D8E2C6F2EFB.jpeg

I'm going to need some return on investment 

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

53 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Rocketing prices won’t be so much of a problem for attractive girls .

A9BF067A-325A-4FAE-A630-4D8E2C6F2EFB.jpeg

That surgery was a good investment!  Free drinks from now on!

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

King Penda
13 minutes ago, No One said:

LLOYDS barely pays interest, why noy stick it in a fix saver account?

This is true but it’s my normal acount . I’ve got to cash a pension soon once I can be arsed to get a full time job then I will be looking to get has close to 5% has I can I think some of the app based ones offer about 4.7% 

montecristo
8 minutes ago, King Penda said:

This is true but it’s my normal acount . I’ve got to cash a pension soon once I can be arsed to get a full time job then I will be looking to get has close to 5% has I can I think some of the app based ones offer about 4.7% 

https://smartsavebank.co.uk/

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Panto season in the US coming early this year.

I've overbought popcorn. Never mind. bring it on. I'm personally looking forward to the 11th May. My understanding is  that the BoE will increase interest rates. 

• Agree 1

sancho panza
7 hours ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

A few none basement more normie investing YouTube channels I watch occasionally have been big on buying Reits over the past few months....:ph34r:

I was talking with a frined today with a trading background and he was saying how it lawyas surprised him hwo teh dip buyers come out and btfd,even when it's obvious that the industry is in serious turmoil.

I was one of them once.Scottish Play.Prime example.You get value trapped in and then lose for years.

• Agree 6

Froggy2000
10 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

Dunno they seem to be doubling down leaving us at the mercy of imports. The worry one for me is food production. They already talking about co2 impact. Maybe shut down loads of food production (turn into houses?) then be at mercy of just in time imports and global markets. As the likes of Tesco run the supply chain just end up then shrugging shoulders sorry no xyz food ?

Food production has already been hit hard by rules on pesticides, cost of fertiliser etc. Add in rewilding, more farmland built on for houses, renewables etc. Someone else further up the thread posted a clip from a farmer discussing finances and planting decisions. I can see a lot of farmers deciding not to plant anything and just let the land rest/collect subisidies since its not worth the financial risk at current prices. So soon we could have low supply in a market with inelastic supply and food prices explode soon after.

On the other we have all the freaks pushing a vegan diet. I would say perhaps this is all a grand conspiracy but as others have pointed out they are far too stupid for that.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 3

8 hours ago, belfastchild said:

Yeah, before my boat sank my friend had a lot of silver they bought with no VAT. Switched to buying brits and paying a premium so they could avoid CGT in future. Rishi sorted that out though.
Probably just sell in the countries they bought from, with the odd set posted to atkinsons or dropped into chards.

What did he do?

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

Australian Labor gvt just announced massive crackdown on Vapes, especially the unregulated ones.  The newspapers are saying it will hit big tobacco and small importers.

Me, I just see more profit for BAT as large companies can work with regulations, small players can't afford the overheads to get it right.

Also the Aussie rba doing a surprise quarter point rate hike…hinting at more to come..

• Informative 3
  • Cheers 1