DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

DurhamBorn
3 hours ago, wherebee said:

Australian Labor gvt just announced massive crackdown on Vapes, especially the unregulated ones.  The newspapers are saying it will hit big tobacco and small importers.

Me, I just see more profit for BAT as large companies can work with regulations, small players can't afford the overheads to get it right.

Big baccy will push for legislation behind the scenes to kill off the small guys like you say.Its how they have always operated.Thats why a few companies who only put together paper,filter and baccy make tens of billions profit.

Edited by DurhamBorn
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 5
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 1

belfastchild
5 hours ago, Harley said:

What did he do?

Dropped CGT allowance so the plan of dropping up to 10k of non-cgt silver first before touching the cgt free stuff was kicked into touch when he is dropping it to 3k.
Roughly a 3:1 ratio of non-cgt to cgt exempt before the boat accident. Hit a limit for silver then started collecting sovereigns.
Of course the CGT thing only applies in the UK. Trains to Dublin and booze cruises from Holyhead may become very popular in the future.

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

M S E Refugee
8 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Dropped CGT allowance so the plan of dropping up to 10k of non-cgt silver first before touching the cgt free stuff was kicked into touch when he is dropping it to 3k.
Roughly a 3:1 ratio of non-cgt to cgt exempt before the boat accident. Hit a limit for silver then started collecting sovereigns.
Of course the CGT thing only applies in the UK. Trains to Dublin and booze cruises from Holyhead may become very popular in the future.

If you use the Gold/Silver ratio you wouldn't necessarily be booking large profits on Silver.

Just slowly sell it down and buy Sovereigns or put the profits in an ISA.

I sold a fair bit over the weekend for a profit of around £550, however most of that Silver was bought when the ratio was around 90 or above, I didn't make a vast profit but I was able to buy a bit more Gold as the ratio is under 80.

Once the ratio gets under 50, I doubt selling 50 ounces of Silver to buy and ounce of Gold will show much of a paper profit for CGT purposes.

I rarely buy CGT exempt Silver as it's only useful if we have total moonshot, VAT and massive premiums make it unattractive.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 8

1 hour ago, belfastchild said:

the plan of dropping up to 10k of non-cgt silver first before touching the cgt free stuff was kicked into touch when he is dropping it to 3k

That was exactly my plan too. I bought maple leafs

• Lol 1

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

This is all what im most scared of when i look at the roadmap.Iv got it at 54% direct takers now,thats simply taking almost all income from the state,its even worse if you include those and ones who gets some income from the state etc.My roadmap shows the takers speed up once it gets to this point,then slows at around 60%,but at the levels we are already where collapse is 100% certain,the only difference is when.It seems the polos are simply going for the way that takes the longest,and thats the one where they take all assets.The reason is the inflation route through QE is closed mostly due to said inflation.The general tax route will be expanded and fiscal drag will be used to take assets.

Whats causing most of the pain and our destruction here is the fact the ones making policy and the civil service etc are all inflation protected,they suffer nothing from higher prices.So you have leftie civil servants with massive inflation linked pensions who think i must leave me kids a low carbon world.Its a death spiral.They will of course double the pain on workers as they will sub the bennies as the energy bills keep increasing.

The Tories and Labour are now direct enemies of ordinary workers and savers outside of that inflation protection.

Under the surface the UK now has the same conditions as were there that started the American Civil War.

They may be inflation protected, but they aren't tax exempt. Inflation will see them losing increasingly large real-terms chunks of their newfound wealth to HMRC. I doubt that'll be enough to make them change course though - all that matters to these retards is that numbers go UP. 

Edited by marceau
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

14 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

image.png.6f831049ce9b27479f4b2cf127b52c9e.png

This is genuine.  Wonder what he was banned for.

as ever with twitter, the answer will be 'the truth'

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

16 hours ago, King Penda said:

Rocketing prices won’t be so much of a problem for attractive girls .

A9BF067A-325A-4FAE-A630-4D8E2C6F2EFB.jpeg

Reminds me, I must go 'long' on Pfizer:

image.jpeg.78422019cc4c1d29b9fcaa2431eb1393.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

13 hours ago, Froggy2000 said:

Food production has already been hit hard by rules on pesticides, cost of fertiliser etc. Add in rewilding, more farmland built on for houses, renewables etc. Someone else further up the thread posted a clip from a farmer discussing finances and planting decisions. I can see a lot of farmers deciding not to plant anything and just let the land rest/collect subisidies since its not worth the financial risk at current prices. So soon we could have low supply in a market with inelastic supply and food prices explode soon after.

On the other we have all the freaks pushing a vegan diet. I would say perhaps this is all a grand conspiracy but as others have pointed out they are far too stupid for that.

Yes and No:

Food production has already been hit hard by rules on pesticides, cost of fertiliser etc.

Food shortage not really an issue when we are currently wasting ~40% [https://lordslibrary.parliament.uk/food-waste-in-the-uk/]

Add in rewilding, more farmland built on for houses, renewables etc

Not really an issue as 69% of UK land is farmed [https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/agricultural-land-use-in-england/agricultural-land-use-in-england-at-1-june-2022],

and this hasn't really changed over time

Total agricultural land area UK 2003-2021 | Statista

[https://www.statista.com/statistics/315937/total-agricultural-land-area-in-the-united-kingdom-uk/]

I can see a lot of farmers deciding not to plant anything and just let the land rest/collect subisidies since its not worth the financial risk at current prices.

Agree, but this has changed recently in the last few years to the Countryside Stewardship scheme; a more focussed approach towards paying to protect biological diversity/habitats than overproduction

[https://defrafarming.blog.gov.uk/2023/04/12/countryside-stewardship-delivering-for-farmers-and-the-environment/]

On the other we have all the freaks pushing a vegan diet. I would say perhaps this is all a grand conspiracy but as others have pointed out they are far too stupid for that.

Simple 'Rule of tens' energy transfer as it goes down through the food chain, with 10% 'surviving to the next trophic level...so for of 1kg steak you need 10kg of cattle feed i.e. commonly corn or soya...hardly a) an efficient use of food, and b) a conspiracy; its basic physics [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_efficiency]

Note, I am not a vegan or vegetarian AND not anti-meat, but believe meat should be eaten in moderation which it is not at the moment....the issue we have regarding food is wastage and choice, not supply.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 4

Bobthebuilder
8 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Note, I am not a vegan or vegetarian AND not anti-meat, but believe meat should be eaten in moderation which it is not at the moment....the issue we have regarding food is wastage and choice, not supply.

Agree, I think we should all be eating less meat but of a higher quality / welfare than at present. I always buy my meat direct from the source or as close as possible. Out of all my family and friends, I am the only one who has this approach.

@King Penda, @Frank Hovis Been in Lidl today to get my lout pilsner perlenbacher, 4 cans has been reduced from £3.50 to £3.09 unfortunately the can size has also been reduced from 500ml to 450ml.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Bogged 5
  • Cheers 1

leonardratso

£3.50/500ml=£0.007/ml
£3.09/450ml=£0.0069/ml

winner. Buy 400 cans.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

£3.50/500ml=£0.007/ml
£3.09/450ml=£0.0069/ml

winner. Buy 400 cans.

Sorry, I made a mistake the cans are now 440ml not 450ml.

• Lol 10

16 hours ago, montecristo said:

Here's the problem with all those kind of banks though. What if you start noticing queues of people outside their branches? Well not that they even have any branches but you know what I mean.

• You can’t withdraw money from your savings account prior to the end of the fixed term.

• Agree 1

I have an very-nearly-almost-vegan diet. I am not "pushing" it though so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't include me in your characterisation of "freaks."

But now that you've definitely called me stupid as well though the gloves are off so...

FuckULips.gif

• Lol 1

montecristo
6 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Here's the problem with all those kind of banks though. What if you start noticing queues of people outside their branches? Well not that they even have any branches but you know what I mean.

• You can’t withdraw money from your savings account prior to the end of the fixed term.

Just keep your savings under £85k for the FSCS.

SpectrumFX
24 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I've been looking at HL's cash saving service. You can deposit money into multiple fixed term accounts (around 4.7% on offer), or easy access accounts (circa 3%) via HL. It takes the hassle out of opening and closing multiple accounts to chase after rates, although you do obviously have to be careful with the fixed terms.

• Informative 4

Frank Hovis
43 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Agree, I think we should all be eating less meat but of a higher quality / welfare than at present. I always buy my meat direct from the source or as close as possible. Out of all my family and friends, I am the only one who has this approach.

@King Penda, @Frank Hovis Been in Lidl today to get my lout pilsner perlenbacher, 4 cans has been reduced from £3.50 to £3.09 unfortunately the can size has also been reduced from 500ml to 450ml.

I'm literally just back and didn't buy any beer, and wow it's a cheap shop when you don't buy beer!

I always stop buying for a while in the hope that others do the same and that Lidl and Aldi put their "absolutely no collusion whatever guv" price back down.  They have done so on at least two prior occasions so they must have seen a material decline in sales.

Is it still the same strength? 

Over the course of a year Lidl's decent bitter (they haven't sold the very cheap one for maybe fifteen year) Hatherwood went from a full bodied pub quality 5%, and my regular beverage, down to a watery 3.8% which pushed me onto the lager.

It takes a very skillful brewer to produce a 3.8% bitter with a full body and they certainly haven't managed it.  It's not that I want the higher alcohol percentage but without it the beer just doesn't drink as good.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Froggy2000 said:

Food production has already been hit hard by rules on pesticides, cost of fertiliser etc. Add in rewilding, more farmland built on for houses, renewables etc. Someone else further up the thread posted a clip from a farmer discussing finances and planting decisions. I can see a lot of farmers deciding not to plant anything and just let the land rest/collect subisidies since its not worth the financial risk at current prices. So soon we could have low supply in a market with inelastic supply and food prices explode soon after.

They're not pushing a vegan diet, they're pushing a plant based diet.  i.e Highly processed and highly profitable food products.  If it they were telling people to go eat a cauliflower or something, then it be a bit different.  

for example, my partner is vegetarian and i don't digest dairy very well anymore, so we accidently eat vegan quiet often, but not a plant based product to be seen.   

• Agree 4