DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Systemic Collapse Watch - First Signs

Chewing Grass

31 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Rubbish plus grass and weeds on the pavement and gutters is the thing I notice. Weekly bin collections now only happening at two weeks, remember those street cleaning lorries that used to clear the gutter drains? not seen one in years. Grass not being cut, it is happening, the whole shit show is starting to fall apart.

I find it quite depressing to be honest, almost inevitable.

Yep. I noticed the other day that they haven’t even cleared the autumn leaves. A bit of rain on those and someone is going to be suing them.  

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yep. I noticed the other day that they haven’t even cleared the autumn leaves. A bit of rain on those and someone is going to be suing them.  

Good luck to anyone trying that.

In Dumfries & Galloway there are numerous reports throughout the region of people attempting to get compensation for damage to their cars due to potholes. Not many successes!

It’s all a bit disappointing regarding the state of basic infrastructure maintenance plus that of schools. Nothing new really. Those things have been complained about in these parts for years but getting worse.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

Good luck to anyone trying that.

In Dumfries & Galloway there are numerous reports throughout the region of people attempting to get compensation for damage to their cars due to potholes. Not many successes!

It’s all a bit disappointing regarding the state of basic infrastructure maintenance plus that of schools. Nothing new really. Those things have been complained about in these parts for years but getting worse.

It’s shocking given how much we are charged for council tax. It’s meant to be to provide services yet the charge keeps increasing whilst they withdraw services.  

• Agree 11

Just now, One percent said:

It’s shocking given how much we are charged for council tax. It’s meant to be to provide services yet the charge keeps increasing whilst they withdraw services.  

Yes. That is the situation, in my experience and opinion.

Been going on for years. 

Disappointing but we are where we are.

• Agree 3

Chewing Grass
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Do you mean legit financial indicators or day-to-day anecdote type stuff?

Everything. Heard today of Councils who can't produce accounts.

• Informative 7

42 minutes ago, One percent said:

state of the roads compared to frogland is something to behold........and my rs is getting a good pounding cos I'm not used to such terrible worn tarmac, never mind the holes o.O

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Bogged 1

1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Rubbish plus grass and weeds on the pavement and gutters is the thing I notice. Weekly bin collections now only happening at two weeks, remember those street cleaning lorries that used to clear the gutter drains? not seen one in years. Grass not being cut, it is happening, the whole shit show is starting to fall apart.

I find it quite depressing to be honest, almost inevitable.

You'll be burning all your waste for heat any day soon.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, nirvana said:

state of the roads compared to frogland is something to behold........and my rs is getting a good pounding cos I'm not used to such terrible worn tarmac, never mind the holes o.O

Roads are an absolute fucking disgrace everywhere (As in the UK)

Edited by Loki
  • Agree 3
  • Bogged 1

O

1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Grass not being cut,

That's for the pollinators. They are needed... 

(not the grass, but the wildflowers that follow from not-cutting)

Pretty much agree with the rest though.

4 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Everything. Heard today of Councils who can't produce accounts.

My local council, they have not had the accounts signed off for years as there is a dispute over some land.  

• Bogged 1

Chewing Grass

Seems statistics are not being collected or published, was interested in 'late filing' ones for companies but everything is appallingly out of date.

701850062_Screenshotfrom2023-02-0721-47-51.png.31e176d2a3cc8ec5fc376265390f3b81.png

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

My local council, they have not had the accounts signed off for years as there is a dispute over some land.  

Sounds like an excuse.

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

Seems statistics are not being collected or published, was interested in 'late filing' ones for companies but everything is appallingly out of date.

701850062_Screenshotfrom2023-02-0721-47-51.png.31e176d2a3cc8ec5fc376265390f3b81.png

Sounds like an excuse.

Nope, I know some of the details but it’s wending it’s way through the courts so can’t really say.  

Bobthebuilder
14 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

O

That's for the pollinators. They are needed... 

(not the grass, but the wildflowers that follow from not-cutting)

Pretty much agree with the rest though.

I was talking about the thin strips of grass you get around housing estates ,not a few acres of pasture land.

15 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I was talking about the thin strips of grass you get around housing estates ,not a few acres of pasture land.

Those too! Roundabouts, road verges, patches in parks...

Edited by roundhouse
Adding
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Yadda yadda yadda
40 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Rewilding of the grass verges is eco friendly.

Not sure that building flats on any larger piece of land is quite so green :Old:

• Agree 2