DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Systemic Collapse Watch - First Signs

Chewing Grass

Bus Stop Boxer
On 08/02/2023 at 12:18, One percent said:

There’s reason to believe as every picture tells a story 

Hes it worn it well. Though i dont think hes sexy.

Will probably get the Downtown train home tonight.

• Lol 1

3 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Hes it worn it well. Though i dont think hes sexy.

Will probably get the Downtown train home tonight.

Very good.  But I don’t want to talk about it. 

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

If we piled up rubbish on potholes roads and burned it, would it get hot enough to melt the tarmac sufficiently that we could kind of skim it like plaster and bodge the potholes flat?

There's all these retired cunts in big houses, we're paying their pensions, they could be making themselves useful while we're at work. 

We get flat roads, the bins get emptied and it'll give them something to do.

I should run this fucking country I swear. 

• Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Calcutta said:

If we piled up rubbish on potholes roads and burned it, would it get hot enough to melt the tarmac sufficiently that we could kind of skim it like plaster and bodge the potholes flat?

There's all these retired cunts in big houses, we're paying their pensions, they could be making themselves useful while we're at work. 

it's always the bit under the tyres that get the potholes, they should forget about the rest of the road and just concentrate on the bits of road under the tyres. Would stop cyclists being a nuisance as well

9 hours ago, Calcutta said:

What annoys me is all these boomers sat at home,  get out there and do a litterpick down your road instead of moaning about it on Fakebook.

You may they burn off a few calories and can lay off the statins for a day. 

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, spunko said:

What annoys me is all these boomers sat at home,  get out there and do a litterpick down your road instead of moaning about it on Fakebook.

You may they burn off a few calories and can lay off the statins for a day. 

In their defence quite a lot do.

At least round my way they do. And beach picks etc.

Thinking about it I see very little litter.

Not having many fast food places possibly helps.

Edited by Wight Flight
  • Agree 2

Yadda yadda yadda
11 hours ago, Calcutta said:

You want to put 80 year olds to work in the streets in all weathers. Literally Hitler.

Ps they would do a shit job slowly and block the roads up for days

• Lol 1

20 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

You want to put 80 year olds to work in the streets in all weathers. Literally Hitler.

I never said I'd stop for them. 

• Lol 8

Lightly Toasted
On 07/02/2023 at 21:31, Van Lady said:

In Dumfries & Galloway there are numerous reports throughout the region of people attempting to get compensation for damage to their cars due to potholes. Not many successes!

It’s all a bit disappointing regarding the state of basic infrastructure maintenance plus that of schools. Nothing new really. Those things have been complained about in these parts for years but getting worse.

Worse potholes on minor roads (Cardiganshire/Carmarthenshire) now than I recall in the 1970s and early 80s, driving with my dad and then myself. The 1980s saw massive improvements.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

In their defence quite a lot do.

At least round my way they do. And beach picks etc.

Thinking about it I see very little litter.

Not having many fast food places possibly helps.

Must be based on area. I have to do my lane, despite being the youngest homeowner on it by some margin.

Occasionally next door does it, usually after they see me doing it.

Nearest McDonalds is at least 8 miles away but that seems to be quite a popular one to discard, though (shit) lager cans and Red Bull make up about 90% of it.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Do exactly the same as the council workers then?

My mistake, the council tends to block the roads for months. As I have recently witnessed, a full working day appears to include at most 90 minutes working on the actual road. They must be reading all the health and safety assessments during the hours spent sitting in their vans.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Formerly said:

Do exactly the same as the council workers then?

My mistake, the council tends to block the roads for months. As I have recently witnessed, a full working day appears to include at most 90 minutes working on the actual road. They must be reading all the health and safety assessments during the hours spent sitting in their vans.

Council contractors managed to tarmac over my brothers water meter when repairing the pavement. The water company then had to come round and dig it out. Presumably they sent the Council the bill which my brother then has to pay through his Council Tax. 

• Lol 2
  • Vomit 1

There were no eggs in Aldi. 

I went to Iceland. 

Their free range and regular yolks were of the same colour.  I can only think of the following possibilities:

1. Iceland kept their free range chickens locked in

2. Iceland have run out of regular eggs and sold free range eggs as regular. 

14hzw1.jpg

• Lol 1

3 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

There were no eggs in Aldi. 

I went to Iceland. 

Their free range and regular yolks were of the same colour.  I can only think of the following possibilities:

1. Iceland kept their free range chickens locked in

2. Iceland have run out of regular eggs and sold free range eggs as regular. 

14hzw1.jpg

English language grammatical correctness:

Which is correct?

1. The yolk of an egg IS white?

2. The yolk of an egg ARE white?

Amazing how many people get this wrong.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

English language grammatical correctness:

Which is correct?

1. The yolk of an egg IS white?

2. The yolk of an egg ARE white?

Amazing how many people get this wrong.

An egg i cracked earlier today had a red yolk. I wasn't impressed considering the price.

Didn't bother taking it back as I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to identify the hen to get a replacement.

• Lol 1

1 minute ago, Petatep said:

An egg i cracked earlier today had a red yolk. I wasn't impressed considering the price.

Didn't bother taking it back as I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to identify the hen to get a replacement.

You can get eggs?  The egg isle in sainsburys has gone. A few boxes that’s all. 

• Informative 1

Had to get a new laptop on Thursday. Curry’s. Pick one. 0% deal, cash went into savings. Walked out. Opened it Saturday. Wrong one, easy mistake ( useless c##ts ). Took it back, they looked at the one I picked, checked the stock to find it was discontinued. Picked another which they said they could get the following day Sunday. Sunday gets a call to say it would be Monday.

At work Monday prior to pick up of laptop, spoke to a trade. Asked if he had a nice weekend. No he said as he had been waiting in for his new oven delivery. He phoned and they said they forgot to add it to the route.

Spoke to trade today ( pipe fitter) who mentioned that he couldn’t get hold of bottled oxygen and gas. Midlands.

email today asking if I would like to buy a house and get £10k mortgage deposit.

thought I’d share.

• Informative 3
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, One percent said:

You can get eggs?  The egg isle in sainsburys has gone. A few boxes that’s all. 

Local farm shop. A bit more expensive than the supermarket but the yolks are a really good mustardy yellow (rather than a lemon curdy yellow) and if we splash out on extra large there's often double yolkers in there. That always feels like a win!

Except when there's a red yolk in there.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Bus Stop Boxer

Aldi all green organic eggs gone. Just the large and x large "free range".

I might get some hens if this continues.

Everything i buy off amazon is either nicked en route, or wrong.

Bobthebuilder
11 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Aldi all green organic eggs gone. Just the large and x large "free range".

I might get some hens if this continues.

Everything i buy off amazon is either nicked en route, or wrong.

Waiting lists for hens apparently, maybe not in your area though.

I get Burford Brown eggs, and Longmans Yeovil butter delivered by my milkman up here, about £3 each.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Waiting lists for hens apparently, maybe not in your area though.

I get Burford Brown eggs, and Longmans Yeovil butter delivered by my milkman up here, about £3 each.

Expensive if that's for just one egg! Cheap if for 30!

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1