DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Systemic Collapse Watch - First Signs

Chewing Grass

19 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Aldi all green organic eggs gone. Just the large and x large "free range".

I might get some hens if this continues.

Everything i buy off amazon is either nicked en route, or wrong.

Best not to buy your chickens off Amazon then. Gawd knows what you will end up with.  

5 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Waiting lists for hens apparently, maybe not in your area though.

I get Burford Brown eggs, and Longmans Yeovil butter delivered by my milkman up here, about £3 each.

3 quid an egg?  They saw you coming o.O

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Bobthebuilder
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

3 quid an egg?  They saw you coming 

I had to check, £3 for six and the butter is £2.50, cheaper than the supermarket and delivered to my door.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I had to check, £3 for six and the butter is £2.50, cheaper than the supermarket and delivered to my door.

Lidl butter in the black wrapper is superb. Jersey i think with sea salt. Can’t remember the price but it’s  cheaper than sainsburys bog standard. 

• Agree 3

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Lidl butter in the black wrapper is superb. Jersey i think with sea salt. Can’t remember the price but it’s  cheaper than sainsburys bog standard. 

I know the stuff, bit of a major butter fan here, like loads of different ones, President, Jersey, Netherend Farm, etc, but my fav at the moment is Longmans, mostly because my niece works there.

• Informative 2

Aldi egg drama has escalated today. Thee store was busy, more than half of vegetables were missing. 

Most in the store were immigrants (inc myself. this is Reading). Only 6-packs of eggs left, with a sign that no more than 3 per customer. 

They are not the best value for money but I eat lots, so I've tried to take 6 (packs). 

On a checkout I was told that it's no more than 3 per customer. I didn't create lots of drama as I've spotted someone from my work earlier in the store, and I picked lots of 75% off items, so wasn't keen to just leave it all at the checkout and walk away as a protest. 

I have pointed out that these are small packs, why would the rule apply to them. The till operator has informed me that she doesn't make the rules. 

I have told her I will just come back for the rest. I wouldn't actually because Iceland has cheaper eggs anyway. 

Edited by Bear Hug
  • Lol 1

20 hours ago, One percent said:

Agreed. We go through quite a bit of butter and that's the best one out there price wise v quality. About £2.40 from memory.

Always got 10 packets in the fridge........just in case. :D

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Agreed. We go through quite a bit of butter and that's the best one out there price wise v quality. About £2.40 from memory.

Always got 10 packets in the fridge........just in case. :D

Why do you need so much?  Do I really want to know?  o.O

13 minutes ago, One percent said:

Nothing nefarious.

There's a shelf in the fridge door that's just the right size and I get a bit agitated if it's not full.

I realise I might need help.

• Lol 3

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Nothing nefarious.

There's a shelf in the fridge door that's just the right size and I get a bit agitated if it's not full.

I realise I might need help.

You do realise that it goes off?  

Bobthebuilder
1 hour ago, One percent said:

I use it for frying, scrambled eggs, steaks, curry, etc. I rarely buy veg oil these days.

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I use it for frying, scrambled eggs, steaks, curry, etc. I rarely buy veg oil these days.

Agree. I use either butter or olive oil. I would use dripping but my two kids are vegetarian and once caught me using dripping.  xD

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 2

Bobthebuilder
5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Agree. I use either butter or olive oil. I would use dripping but my two kids are vegetarian and once caught me using dripping.  xD

You cannot beat beef dripping for chips. As I am a Dorset boy at heart, sometimes I make a lardy cake out of pork lard fat, yummy.

• Cheers 3

Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

You cannot beat beef dripping for chips. As I am a Dorset boy at heart, sometimes I make a lardy cake out of pork lard fat, yummy.

All the local fish shops use beef dripping. My kids think only a couple do.  xD

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Red Debt Redemption
On 10/02/2023 at 19:20, One percent said:

You can get eggs?  The egg isle in sainsburys has gone. A few boxes that’s all. 

Plenty about 15 for £1.79 yesterday. Don't get many shortages this way or it lags months behind whatever's in the news.

• Informative 2

2 minutes ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

Plenty about 15 for £1.79 yesterday. Don't get many shortages this way or it lags months behind whatever's in the news.

Where about out of interest?  

Chewing Grass

Increasingly late publication or complete abandonment of official statistics that were previously reliably and almost religiously reported by various departments of government.

Probably to hide bad news i.e. increasing levels of censorship by omission.

• Agree 8

On 10/02/2023 at 21:20, Bobthebuilder said:

I know the stuff, bit of a major butter fan here, like loads of different ones, President, Jersey, Netherend Farm, etc, but my fav at the moment is Longmans, mostly because my niece works there.

I like Grass-fed butter, Lidl doesn’t do any, but I get KerryGold when in one of the larger supermarkets, got better health benefits too.

https://www.scienceofcooking.com/science-of-grass-fed-butter.html

• Cheers 1