DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Systemic Collapse Watch - First Signs

Chewing Grass

belfastchild
1 hour ago, Caravan Monster said:

Another anecdotal. I use local advertising for my small business, so the phone number gets scraped by whoever makes the lists for the cold call centres. Over the past few years, the calls have dwindled to virtually nothing, but they've started again with a vengeance (including the fucking autodialers that were supposed to have been outlawed :PissedOff: )  in the past few weeks. The products are all scammy like fake advertising, mobile contract offers and pretend website builders. Not sure what this says about the economy. Pretty sure the calls are coming from a variety of sources, different mobile numbers and landlines all over the country.

Im seeing the same thing, both in phone number and emails.

Died off completely during covid but getting at least 1-2 calls a day again and 10-20 spam emails. I cut down my email subscriptions at the start of the year and changed primary email address so now its really really noticeable the volume to my previous main email address and how its increased in the last month or two. Its the mimicing local landlines that show up for the spam phone calls that is a new development. Its like someone 20 miles away calling me rather than a call centre in India or random mobile number.

• Agree 1

Caravan Monster
2 hours ago, belfastchild said:

Im seeing the same thing, both in phone number and emails.

Died off completely during covid but getting at least 1-2 calls a day again and 10-20 spam emails. I cut down my email subscriptions at the start of the year and changed primary email address so now its really really noticeable the volume to my previous main email address and how its increased in the last month or two. Its the mimicing local landlines that show up for the spam phone calls that is a new development. Its like someone 20 miles away calling me rather than a call centre in India or random mobile number.

I get the mobile number ones, you can tell when you pick up because they're auto diallers and they don't respond straight away. Would be handy if there was a way to block mobile prefixes, I get no end of 07488 which look to be an outfit called Ziron Ltd, but so far as I know all I can do is block them individually. Fortunately haven't had an email in the public domain for some years, so only on the lists generated from online vendors that get the comedy spam from Nigeria.

• Informative 1

• 3 months later...
Chewing Grass

Seems privatised utilities do not maintain fire hydrants anymore, I remember them being kept clear and tested as a kid.

• Informative 2

sancho panza
24 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Seems privatised utilities do not maintain fire hydrants anymore, I remember them being kept clear and tested as a kid.

worth noting the lack of police cordon,people jsut walking by.fire was out by the time the firemen got the water running.

In all fairness with how often the fire are in station the least they could do is go and and check the hydrants.Most cities have more firemen on duty than they do police on patrol.I'd love to see how often they get called out.

2 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

worth noting the lack of police cordon,people jsut walking by.fire was out by the time the firemen got the water running.

In all fairness with how often the fire are in station the least they could do is go and and check the hydrants.Most cities have more firemen on duty than they do police on patrol.I'd love to see how often they get called out.

I don't think I've seen the Fire Brigade actually doing anything irl since chip pan fires went out of fashion.

• Agree 1

sancho panza
43 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

I don't think I've seen the Fire Brigade actually doing anything irl since chip pan fires went out of fashion.

It's mainly traffic accidents for them or breaking into people's hosues for Police/Ambo.

These days from the little Ive seen they let fires burn out rather than risking life to save property which is fair enough.They're pretty quick at getting people out of house fires.

Which goes to explain why Grenfell occurred.Their officers jsut aren't making decisions on a regular enough basis of any real consequence imho.Grenfell -stay put advice was only revoked after the best part of 200 people had ignored it.

This isn't being hyper critical it's just a reality of life.Peace time military leaders are rarely good wartime leaders.These emerge as the war progresses.

Police/Ambo officers are making big decisions every day imho hence they're more attuend to risk issues.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/uk-news/2019/10/30/timeline-of-events-that-formed-backbone-of-grenfell-tower-fire-tragedy/

00.54 Behailu Kebede calls 999 to report a fire in Flat 16, floor 4 Grenfell Tower.

00.59 First firefighters reach the tower.

01.09 Fire breaks out of Flat 16 into exterior cladding and starts to climb the east facade rapidly.

01.14 Firefighters enter the kitchen of Flat 16 for the first time.

01.21 First 999 call to the control room from an occupant in the tower (Naomi Li, Flat 195, floor 22).

01.25 First 999 call to report smoke coming into flat from lobby (Denis Murphy, Flat 111, floor 14).

01.26 The Metropolitan Police declare a major incident.

01.27 Fire reaches the roof and starts to spread horizontally.

01.30 First 999 call reporting fire penetrating a flat (Mariem Elgwahry, Flat 196, floor 22).

01.31 By this time 110 out of 297 occupants have escaped; the fire starts to spread to the north elevation of the tower.

01.42 The London Ambulance Service (LAS) declares a significant incident.

01.45 First NPAS (police) helicopter arrives at the scene.

01.50 By this time 168 of 297 occupants had escaped.

02.00 Flames travel across the north and east elevations of the tower, and start to spread around the crown and diagonally across the face of the building, affecting flats in the south-east and north-west corners.

02.06 Group Manager Richard Welch declares a major incident.

02.20 Flames start to spread to south elevation.

02.26 The LAS declares a major incident

02.35 Control room decides to revoke the “stay put” advice and tell all occupants calling 999 to leave the tower.

02.47 Assistant Commissioner Andrew Roe revokes the “stay put” advice.

02.50 Fire spreads horizontally across the south elevation at the crown. Commissioner Dany Cotton arrives at Grenfell Tower.

03.00 Fire starts to spread across the west elevation of tower, from north to south.

03.20 First Tactical Co-ordination Group (TCG) meeting.

03.30 Flames continue to spread across the south and west elevations of the tower.

04.02 Fires on the south and west elevations start to converge at the top of the southern corner of the west face.

08.07 Elpidio Bonifacio, the last survivor to leave the tower, is evacuated.

Grenfell Tower fire: when people escaped

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 10

On 10/04/2023 at 22:16, honkydonkey said:

Buy YT premium with an Indian VPN, it's about 1.30 a month.

Or get a firestick and you can likely installed youtube revanced which blocks it all automatically.

I paid 88p this month. Not worth dicking about for that. 

• Agree 1

ashestoashes
On 28/07/2023 at 12:27, sancho panza said:

It's mainly traffic accidents for them or breaking into people's hosues for Police/Ambo.

These days from the little Ive seen they let fires burn out rather than risking life to save property which is fair enough.They're pretty quick at getting people out of house fires.

Which goes to explain why Grenfell occurred.Their officers jsut aren't making decisions on a regular enough basis of any real consequence imho.Grenfell -stay put advice was only revoked after the best part of 200 people had ignored it.

This isn't being hyper critical it's just a reality of life.Peace time military leaders are rarely good wartime leaders.These emerge as the war progresses.

Police/Ambo officers are making big decisions every day imho hence they're more attuend to risk issues.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/uk-news/2019/10/30/timeline-of-events-that-formed-backbone-of-grenfell-tower-fire-tragedy/

00.54 Behailu Kebede calls 999 to report a fire in Flat 16, floor 4 Grenfell Tower.

00.59 First firefighters reach the tower.

01.09 Fire breaks out of Flat 16 into exterior cladding and starts to climb the east facade rapidly.

01.14 Firefighters enter the kitchen of Flat 16 for the first time.

01.21 First 999 call to the control room from an occupant in the tower (Naomi Li, Flat 195, floor 22).

01.25 First 999 call to report smoke coming into flat from lobby (Denis Murphy, Flat 111, floor 14).

01.26 The Metropolitan Police declare a major incident.

01.27 Fire reaches the roof and starts to spread horizontally.

01.30 First 999 call reporting fire penetrating a flat (Mariem Elgwahry, Flat 196, floor 22).

01.31 By this time 110 out of 297 occupants have escaped; the fire starts to spread to the north elevation of the tower.

01.42 The London Ambulance Service (LAS) declares a significant incident.

01.45 First NPAS (police) helicopter arrives at the scene.

01.50 By this time 168 of 297 occupants had escaped.

02.00 Flames travel across the north and east elevations of the tower, and start to spread around the crown and diagonally across the face of the building, affecting flats in the south-east and north-west corners.

02.06 Group Manager Richard Welch declares a major incident.

02.20 Flames start to spread to south elevation.

02.26 The LAS declares a major incident

02.35 Control room decides to revoke the “stay put” advice and tell all occupants calling 999 to leave the tower.

02.47 Assistant Commissioner Andrew Roe revokes the “stay put” advice.

02.50 Fire spreads horizontally across the south elevation at the crown. Commissioner Dany Cotton arrives at Grenfell Tower.

03.00 Fire starts to spread across the west elevation of tower, from north to south.

03.20 First Tactical Co-ordination Group (TCG) meeting.

03.30 Flames continue to spread across the south and west elevations of the tower.

04.02 Fires on the south and west elevations start to converge at the top of the southern corner of the west face.

08.07 Elpidio Bonifacio, the last survivor to leave the tower, is evacuated.

Grenfell Tower fire: when people escaped

seem to be lack of goat cooking facilities

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1796886/Bibby-Stockholm-barge-Grenfell-fears

Bibby Stockholm facing MORE delays amid fears migrant barge could be a 'floating Grenfell'

Reports say there are serious fire safety concerns about the barge and that it has not yet received approval from local fire services.

Edited by ashestoashes
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Lightscribe
On 19/04/2023 at 15:43, Caravan Monster said:

I get the mobile number ones, you can tell when you pick up because they're auto diallers and they don't respond straight away. Would be handy if there was a way to block mobile prefixes, I get no end of 07488 which look to be an outfit called Ziron Ltd, but so far as I know all I can do is block them individually. Fortunately haven't had an email in the public domain for some years, so only on the lists generated from online vendors that get the comedy spam from Nigeria.

Top tip for unwanted mobile callers. Take the number and see if it has a WhatsApp profile.

You’ll then see the profile pic, send them a nice message on what they look like or give them a video call (whilst on Wi-Fi of course so you don’t use up your data).

They’ll get freaked out and you won’t hear from them again.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 5
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 1

Lightscribe
5 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

seem to be lack of goat cooking facilities

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1796886/Bibby-Stockholm-barge-Grenfell-fears

Bibby Stockholm facing MORE delays amid fears migrant barge could be a 'floating Grenfell'

Reports say there are serious fire safety concerns about the barge and that it has not yet received approval from local fire services.

It a meme, a distraction, just like the Rwanda flights. They have no intention of using it or scaling it up, it’s merely lip service to make it look like they’re doing something.

This keeps the easily pleased, boomer Tory voters shouting at the news on their TVs, whilst they import though the back door.

Remember they’re on your side.

4FAA3A22-D538-4595-9E3D-58EA5A29D465.thumb.jpeg.3e15d18ec1344f5218c6a41b894f4c3f.jpeg

• Agree 8
  • Lol 1
  • Vomit 1

Someone ran out of petrol, supposedly, and knocked on my door asking me to take them down the petrol garage. As they didn't say "please" I realised I was too busy.

Not had that before - she said she can only afford to put in £20 a go.

(Was quite posh so definitely not a pikey)

• Informative 2
  • Lol 1

4 minutes ago, spunko said:

Someone ran out of petrol, supposedly, and knocked on my door asking me to take them down the petrol garage. As they didn't say "please" I realised I was too busy.

Distraction burglary? (ie a ruse to get you out of the way)

Plenty of posh women love a bastard, so I personally wouldn't let the accent rule anything out.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Distraction burglary? (ie a ruse to get you out of the way)

Plenty of posh women love a bastard, so I personally wouldn't let the accent rule anything out.

My immediate thought too, didn't help the neighbours alarm was going off at the time.

Wouldn't help anyone like that now sadly, even if legitimate.

• Agree 7

36 minutes ago, spunko said:

Sounds like some form of classic con job. Should probably report it to the Police.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

It a meme, a distraction, just like the Rwanda flights. They have no intention of using it or scaling it up, it’s merely lip service to make it look like they’re doing something.

This keeps the easily pleased, boomer Tory voters shouting at the news on their TVs, whilst they import though the back door.

Remember they’re on your side.

4FAA3A22-D538-4595-9E3D-58EA5A29D465.thumb.jpeg.3e15d18ec1344f5218c6a41b894f4c3f.jpeg

15 minute ghettos will stop people being dependent on their cars 

• Lol 1

1 hour ago, spunko said:

My immediate thought too, didn't help the neighbours alarm was going off at the time.

Wouldn't help anyone like that now sadly, even if legitimate.

Yeah that sounds shady af. Trust no-one.

Surely anyone breaking down in the middle of nowhere calls the RAC. 

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, spunko said:

I've had that twice at petrol stations, once in UK and once abroad. The first one was a car full of nicely dressed women in fact slightly overdressed I recall the driver had diamante sandals. Other one looked like poor people trying it on just in case. Got no money please buy us some petrol. Ignored them as didn't know if scam but sounded weird and I didn't feel like dealing with weird.

• Agree 1

MrLibertyRedux
1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

I've had that twice at petrol stations, once in UK and once abroad. The first one was a car full of nicely dressed women in fact slightly overdressed I recall the driver had diamante sandals. Other one looked like poor people trying it on just in case. Got no money please buy us some petrol. Ignored them as didn't know if scam but sounded weird and I didn't feel like dealing with weird.

There was a guy in Nottingham years ago wandering around a car park with a gallon petrol can claiming he had lost his wallet and needed cash to get home. I saw him twice on the two occasions I ever used said car park. The interval between my two stays was over seven years.

• Lol 4

TheNoSnowMan
On 25/04/2023 at 14:29, belfastchild said:

Is that like the old joke where the husband sends the wife out on the game?
She comes back and he asks how much she made.
£22.50 says she.
50p? who gave you 50p?

Everyone.

Husband drives his wife down the docks.

"What are we doing here?", she asks.

"Why don't you go for a little walk. And remember, if you're accosted by a gentleman: £25 blow job, £50 sex, £75 anything kinky."

The wife gets out and wonders off. Half an hour goes by and there's a knock on the window. Husband winds the window down to see his wife panting.

"What's the matter?", he asks.

"Lend us another hundred quid!"

• Lol 10

3 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

There was a guy in Nottingham years ago wandering around a car park with a gallon petrol can claiming he had lost his wallet and needed cash to get home. I saw him twice on the two occasions I ever used said car park. The interval between my two stays was over seven years.

Some posh sounding bint was doing that around the services on the M4 years ago, claiming she needed money to put some petrol in her car at the petrol station. She had very manky teeth, looked a bit too druggie/prossie so fobbed her off saying I'd drive over to the petrol station and help her out, she scurried off towards the truck park instead. Common scam to rinse the gullibles.

My parents had some bint in tears knock on their door one evening asking for some money to put some leccy on her pre-payment dongle at the shop down the road, saying she'd come back and repay them. I think they gave her a tenner. They're still waiting for her to come back. 9_9

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2