DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property crash, just maybe it really is different this time (Part 2)

spunko

1 minute ago, One percent said:

15 years of historically low interest rates.  Almost zero and the clown is on an io mortgage. He deserves everything coming down the line at him.   Yet, he’ll be the first in line squealing for government to bail him out.  Crash and fucking burn mate.   

He's a daft oldman, with a daft young boys haircut

TELEMMGLPICT000340216294_16874418958270_

TheV neck jumper thing with no under shirt is like finger nails down a chalkboard to me.

• Agree 3
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 6

One percent
Just now, spygirl said:

TheV neck jumper thing with no under shirt is like finger nails down a chalkboard to me.

And manboobs.  :Sick1:

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 1

Frank Hovis
10 hours ago, spygirl said:

He needs a gold necklace to complete the full ice cream seller look.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 3

11 hours ago, spygirl said:

Even the properties BS websites only value the house at 1.1m

https://themovemarket.com/tools/propertyprices/higher-coombe-farm-combe-hill-sherborne-dt9-5bq

You can easily knoick 30% off that now.

50% for a distressed sale.

05/12/2007 £730,000 Higher Coombe Farm, Combe Hill, Milborne Port, Sherborne, DT9 5BQ
05/01/1998 £179,950 Higher Coombe Farm, Combe Hill, Milborne Port, Sherborne, DT9 5BQ
  • Informative 1

Large IO mortage took out just after 2007 crash n all that.

Sherbourne is one of my occcasional way way drinking towns.

Its nice but way away.

I assume his kids went to Sherbourne then, which is fucking expensive.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, spygirl said:

I'm not exactly sartorial but that jumper is 2 sizes too big .

Got this randomly reccomended to me on YouTube - had never heard of the fella or his channel.

Not really worth watching the video but the TLDR is he says he simply can't afford his house at today's IR's and will be selling up and moving the family to Portugal.

So I spent a few minutes checking out their YouTube channel - they seem to be living this dream perma-vacation life with a couple of kids couple of dogs very decent house in Bath which I know is an expensive place. @gibbon might get a laugh looking at their YouTube page looks like the sort of awful hipsters hes mentioned - these ones putting their entire lives on YouTube for the clicks.

Anyway it appears neither of them have 9-5 jobs and are 'content creators' for a living. Maybe you can earn very good doing that I dunno, but it seems obvious to me that every facet of their life has been built on cheap credit, which they assumed was going to last forever (the bloke even refers to the 'extortionate' interest rates).

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 4
  • Lol 2

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Got this randomly reccomended to me on YouTube - had never heard of the fella or his channel.

Not really worth watching the video but the TLDR is he says he simply can't afford his house at today's IR's and will be selling up and moving the family to Portugal.

So I spent a few minutes checking out their YouTube channel - they seem to be living this dream perma-vacation life with a couple of kids couple of dogs very decent house in Bath which I know is an expensive place. @gibbon might get a laugh looking at their YouTube page looks like the sort of awful hipsters hes mentioned - these ones putting their entire lives on YouTube for the clicks.

Anyway it appears neither of them have 9-5 jobs and are 'content creators' for a living. Maybe you can earn very good doing that I dunno, but it seems obvious to me that every facet of their life has been built on cheap credit, which they assumed was going to last forever (the bloke even refers to the 'extortionate' interest rates).

Wrong thread but ....

In work benefits have cored out about 50% of families.

I went to look for this -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12229379/Parents-taunt-school-gleeful-TikTok-dance-celebrate-three-term-time-holidays.html

A viral video on social media shows how a family from Coventry taunted their children's schools by celebrating their three term-time holidays claiming they will 'save thousands' despite being fined every time.

The video shows parents, Brogan, 29 and Shane Cole, 30, dancing gleefully on TikTok, where it has racked up more than 90,000 likes and comments.

The Coventry couple were looking forward to holidaying in Zante, Greece with their two children Archie Cole, 10, and Ellie Cole, seven.

The 29-year-old content creator claims that she approached Archie and Ellie's primary school prior to the trip, and was told that the family had until 6th July to pay up or the fine would double to an eye-watering £480.

Found this first -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12067095/Single-mother-vows-continue-taking-kids-school-holiday-despite-fines.html

A mother who claims to have saved £10,000 by taking her two children out of school to go on holiday says she'll do it again this year, despite being fined hundreds of pounds.

Rachel Smith, 33, takes Brayden, 11, and Elianna, nine, abroad during term time every year.

The single mother, who works in finance, saved £3,000 last year by taking her children to Majorca and Magaluf in May and June rather than peak season August when prices soar.

Now you migth want o work out when they popped out 1st kid.

And if they are saving 2k - how much those holidays cost.

My olsution for this is - bar a Drs note - you cut all benefits for families.

Yes, both lots here will be getting 75% of their incomefrom UKGOV.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

selling up and moving the family to Portugal.

8 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Anyway it appears neither of them have 9-5 jobs and are 'content creators' for a living.

Niche occupation that allows it. Most other people with self-inflicted mortgage-shot wounds to the head won't have that option. Even without watching the video I suspect there will be a camouflaged bragging element about his ability to go this route. Jokes on him when he tries to actually sell though!

13 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

refers to the 'extortionate' interest rates

I can only assume if they are both content creators full time that their mortgage was arranged back when they had corporate jobs, if so they wouldn't likely qualify for any remortgage options and could be facing the genuinely extortionate SVR.

Who the fuck relies on content creation income to service a mortgage?

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Niche occupation that allows it. Most other people with self-inflicted mortgage-shot wounds to the head won't have that option. Even without watching the video I suspect there will be a camouflaged bragging element about his ability to go this route. Jokes on him when he tries to actually sell though!

I just don't know anyone who lives that kind of life that they at least pretend to live, and I know some couples with joint income of £100K+ which is pretty decent in NI.

• Agree 2

One percent
16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Wrong thread but ....

In work benefits have cored out about 50% of families.

I went to look for this -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12229379/Parents-taunt-school-gleeful-TikTok-dance-celebrate-three-term-time-holidays.html

A viral video on social media shows how a family from Coventry taunted their children's schools by celebrating their three term-time holidays claiming they will 'save thousands' despite being fined every time.

The video shows parents, Brogan, 29 and Shane Cole, 30, dancing gleefully on TikTok, where it has racked up more than 90,000 likes and comments.

The Coventry couple were looking forward to holidaying in Zante, Greece with their two children Archie Cole, 10, and Ellie Cole, seven.

The 29-year-old content creator claims that she approached Archie and Ellie's primary school prior to the trip, and was told that the family had until 6th July to pay up or the fine would double to an eye-watering £480.

Found this first -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12067095/Single-mother-vows-continue-taking-kids-school-holiday-despite-fines.html

A mother who claims to have saved £10,000 by taking her two children out of school to go on holiday says she'll do it again this year, despite being fined hundreds of pounds.

Rachel Smith, 33, takes Brayden, 11, and Elianna, nine, abroad during term time every year.

The single mother, who works in finance, saved £3,000 last year by taking her children to Majorca and Magaluf in May and June rather than peak season August when prices soar.

Now you migth want o work out when they popped out 1st kid.

And if they are saving 2k - how much those holidays cost.

My olsution for this is - bar a Drs note - you cut all benefits for families.

Yes, both lots here will be getting 75% of their incomefrom UKGOV.

Is the influencer declaring their earnings?  I would guess not and so they will be fraudulently claiming bennies. 

• Agree 3

40 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

This is where it gets interesting.

Unlike general inflation and the energy bills spike, the interest rates (initially) will be causing big problems but to a relatively small slice of the population.

Will the voting public who have no mortgage or are able to weather the hit going to have much sympathy for a couple like this, who have flaunted their life and seemingly don't have real jobs?

Also looking at the YouTube channel, the views are tiny and top comments are bot spam for investment opportunities lol.

Think the wife is a "yoga teacher". Lots of competition and new waves of busty young things every year in that industry.

Usual paid trip to Dubai video too.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

belfastchild
38 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Anyway it appears neither of them have 9-5 jobs and are 'content creators' for a living. Maybe you can earn very good doing that I dunno,

Im going off old figures but before youtube started cutting costs a 1 million view video with ads etc would get the provider roughly 40k gbp over a year/18 month lifetime.
Its at least half that now (or , depending on content).
After a certain number of subscribers/views/full watchers (i.e. not bailing out 4 secs in) then they get promoted more and more. Their algorithm is ruthless.

Anyway, quick look at their 255k subscribers and 400 odd videos arranged by popular makes me think they made a great start to moneymaking years ago when you could make a mint at it, now, not so much, pretty much nothing at all with 10-20k views the norm over the last couple of years. Might be enough to pay bills but not a lot more.

To put it in context a friend of mine works in a related field but not on youtube, produces content for use by video production companies etc. He was making over a million dollars net a year about 10 years ago when I visited him in his miami south beach seafront apartment. Told me he barely made 50k net last year, despite almost doubling his output. IIRC the service charge for the apartment is half that.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 5

1 minute ago, belfastchild said:

Anyway, quick look at their 255k subscribers and 400 odd videos arranged by popular makes me think they made a great start to moneymaking years ago when you could make a mint at it, now, not so much, pretty much nothing at all with 10-20k views the norm over the last couple of years. Might be enough to pay bills but not a lot more.

To put it in context a friend of mine works in a related field but not on youtube, produces content for use by video production companies etc. He was making over a million dollars net a year about 10 years ago when I visited him in his miami south beach seafront apartment. Told me he barely made 50k net last year, despite almost doubling his output. IIRC the service charge for the apartment is half that.

Yeah I did get the sense their channel was on the decline - plenty of videos only getting 15 or 25 thousand-ish views which doesn't make you much money.

Interesting tale about your mate - 50K will buy you fuck all in Miami these days....so do you know what the reason for the drop in profitibility is? Are the advertisers just not paying as much per click any more, or is YouTube taking a bigger slice of the ad revenue, or both?

26 minutes ago, One percent said:

Is the influencer declaring their earnings?  I would guess not and so they will be fraudulently claiming bennies. 

Trust me, she wont be anywhere near the tax limit.

All it is is comedy self employment to tick the ~24h/w work requirement.

I dont know but Id guess hubby has a job that offers a lot of cash in hand pay.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

I think it can appear decent at least compared to a normal job. I'm guessing that during the good times it could be a couple of k max and then there are all the side gigs like affiiates/merchandising.

Of course the trajectory of these things is down, advertisers pay less and of course it is quite difficult to be really enduring over years and years. New stuff comes up.

Just seems these guys are gonna turn to grifting soon, ie just begging their subscribers for money every month.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Boon said:

Of course the trajectory of these things is down, advertisers pay less and of course it is quite difficult to be really enduring over years and years. New stuff comes up.

Yes it's quite a fickle business; although scanning my eye over their channel it shocked me that they had so many people watching videos of what seemed to be quite banal shite to me.

IIRC it was 46 million views in total over a 10 year period. And they still can't afford the mortgage.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1

belfastchild
1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Interesting tale about your mate - 50K will buy you fuck all in Miami these days....so do you know what the reason for the drop in profitibility is? Are the advertisers just not paying as much per click any more, or is YouTube taking a bigger slice of the ad revenue, or both?

He doesnt do youtube but produces video/content for commercial/editorial use which gets used and reused over and over again across the world. Only works through agents.
So 10-20 years ago he was getting roughly 250 dollars a showing now with subscriptions and mass media and newspaper websites just showing fractions of clips instead of the whole thing its more like 2 dollars per clip. He is licensing at least 10 times more but the numbers just dont add up. He has doubled his portfolio in 5 years but again, its running to not even stand still but go backwards.
Think his apartment cost in excess of 1 million back then. Probably closer to the 2.5-3 million mark now. 50k wont even get you rent on south beach for a year.
Other than the apartment he rents everything else, doesnt own a car, miserable cunt (like me ;-)) and he invested the rest of his money down the years so now makes more from stocks etc than he does from his output. Hes over 60 now but will continue working as he doesnt know any better but I use his figures when anyone talks about influencers or content creators.

• Informative 6

4 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

He doesnt do youtube but produces video/content for commercial/editorial use which gets used and reused over and over again across the world. Only works through agents.
So 10-20 years ago he was getting roughly 250 dollars a showing now with subscriptions and mass media and newspaper websites just showing fractions of clips instead of the whole thing its more like 2 dollars per clip. He is licensing at least 10 times more but the numbers just dont add up. He has doubled his portfolio in 5 years but again, its running to not even stand still but go backwards.
Think his apartment cost in excess of 1 million back then. Probably closer to the 2.5-3 million mark now. 50k wont even get you rent on south beach for a year.
Other than the apartment he rents everything else, doesnt own a car, miserable cunt (like me ;-)) and he invested the rest of his money down the years so now makes more from stocks etc than he does from his output. Hes over 60 now but will continue working as he doesnt know any better but I use his figures when anyone talks about influencers or content creators.

Aye either way he's quids in - buying a flat in Florida before all the big-money moved in over the last few years. Fair play.

He can just sell it and rent all over the globe with the millions.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Animal Spirits

Social Blade estimates £348 - £6.5k annual earnings, but is based on some assumptions so could be inaccurate.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UC2Ex6mz9I0DS92uVoW6pfSg

There's also a Patreon, £8/month option and the £3/month option is "sold out". Does anyone actually pay for this? xD.

I suppose if the above isn't working out there's always OnlyFans.

• Lol 2

leonardratso

You know what, terms like influencer/content creator, they make me cringe, im sure they will become the non entitiy job descriptions of the now or future,
so what do you do?

Content creator/influencer.
Run away.

As in the old musician(failed) and/or artist(failed).

• Agree 7