DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

darkmarket
24 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I’m fully expecting men who use dating sites just to shag random women to be made illegal

It's not a huge leap from the SNP's proposed state-appointed parent to state-matched couples. Dating app algorithmic control isn't so different.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, King Penda said:

Exactly at one place I worked there were that many women on a challenging behaviour unit it was unreal . I got carted off to hr where I was told it’s not unsafe they are paid the same trained the same what’s the issue ?  A week later one of the girls got her arm broke by a male patient ( x royal marine ) then he ran after the other girls who all ran off in part because he had a splendid errection. I joked to the nurse after 2 laps of the unit when do you want me to intervine . You know me being male and all that your girls seem to have it covered ( she was the one that sent me to hr) . She said just stop him so he got clothes lined the girls stoped running and like heros all piled on top of him 

Sounds like a Benny Hill scene

• Lol 6

Yadda yadda yadda
26 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Il put this here.I was running some numbers through the roadmap and there was one number that turned things away from collapse.One i never thought of before,but it turns several cross market tracks back down.It was to tax bennies the same as other income.IE you get a tax allowance the same as everyone,but all bennies over that (including PIP ,Housing benefit etc) were then taxed the same as earnings.

Its a straight forward reform,quite east to sell,its just treating parasites the same as everyone else.Of course,they could also make sure income from dividends etc are treated the same ie all income,wherever from is treated under the same tax system.

Would Hunt do it just before an election?.Very doubtful,but if he did he could maybe increase the tax free allowance straight away.Its the only number i have used that turns things.Extra tax etc,nothing works,it just speeds up collapse.

Seeing as the Telegraph pinch my work all the time without paying,maybe they would like to run this one.Tax bennies the same as all other income.There you go hacks,its the silver bullet that on my numbers slightly turns the roadmap from certain collapse to maybe not.

If they tax bennies it will just be sad tax face in the papers and on the TV. They would argue to raise bennies to compensate. Of course that would bring home just how high benefits are. It isn't going to happen. I'd love to be proved wrong.

• Agree 7

Colliedog
10 hours ago, Pip321 said:

Correct….it doesn’t because you are trying to make sense of an employer who doesn’t know what they are doing. 

Whilst applying for roles guy was taken for granted and they assumed he would just plod on doing a job for them whilst they positively discriminate against him. 

Once resignation gone in…suddenly they realise they are losing an asset.

Don't be too good at your job as you then get overlooked for promotion.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I only have one aim and that's to disabuse people of the notion that it can be saved. There's nothing left TO save.

We're at the beginning of the late stage Roman Empire: lesser men scuttle around great buildings built by long dead giants. Barbarians sat on the imperial throne and attended the senate but it was all cargo cult: do the thing, say the words and good things happen.

In our case we have pygmies (literally in sunak's case) sat in the foreign office etc from where great armies and navies were commanded that controlled a third of the earth. 

The solution is to pay no tax and to not co-operate. In this age the patriot is the man who helps destroy the system, starting with the Conservative party.

I think, like the collapse of the roman empire, you can save provinces and regions, but you can't save the whole thing.  For example, you could end up with saving devon/cornwall.  Wales would be another natural to save, except the regional government there has fucked everything up so badly.

• Agree 6

Democorruptcy
30 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Il put this here.I was running some numbers through the roadmap and there was one number that turned things away from collapse.One i never thought of before,but it turns several cross market tracks back down.It was to tax bennies the same as other income.IE you get a tax allowance the same as everyone,but all bennies over that (including PIP ,Housing benefit etc) were then taxed the same as earnings.

Its a straight forward reform,quite east to sell,its just treating parasites the same as everyone else.Of course,they could also make sure income from dividends etc are treated the same ie all income,wherever from is treated under the same tax system.

Would Hunt do it just before an election?.Very doubtful,but if he did he could maybe increase the tax free allowance straight away.Its the only number i have used that turns things.Extra tax etc,nothing works,it just speeds up collapse.

Seeing as the Telegraph pinch my work all the time without paying,maybe they would like to run this one.Tax bennies the same as all other income.There you go hacks,its the silver bullet that on my numbers slightly turns the roadmap from certain collapse to maybe not.

I knew we would have something up our sleeve. All this doom and gloom about the UK, when we taught the world how to speak, gave them railways, jet engines, light, phones, the internet, etc. etc.

• Lol 8

1 hour ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

If they tax bennies it will just be sad tax face in the papers and on the TV. They would argue to raise bennies to compensate. Of course that would bring home just how high benefits are. It isn't going to happen. I'd love to be proved wrong.

The left wing policy tanks and charities are already badgering Labour to spend big on welfare on account of poverty, so can’t see this happening sadly.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/25/labour-must-spend-billions-on-welfare-or-poverty-will-soar

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Cringe 1

Cattle Prod
23 hours ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

I do agree that immigration like we have is completely mental, it's like going into town and inviting all the homeless people back to yours because you feel sorry for them - the only result would be that you would now also be homeless. Nothing to do with their colour or where they're from, it's just a stupid thing to do.

A friend of mine's elderly Mum is bipolar, and she does this. One time he went to visit to find an entire Indian family staying at her house that she'd "rescued" from a bus stop :D you have to laugh because it's just tragic, tragicomedy. But your comment made me think of the goverment in the same way: bipolar. Our governance has a collective mental defect, if only we could lob lithium into Westminster to calm them down.

• Agree 8
  • Cheers 1

sancho panza
12 hours ago, Agent ZigZag said:

There are few posters I find typify our position yet are very much part of the problem having an exceptionally low moral compass, but who am I to judge. 

I have zero moral compass when it comes to making moeny if it's legal.I see the consequences of tobacco sue and we've 15% in there.

I see the consequences of Big Pharma shelling out vaccines with extrememly dubious safety records at £20 a pop and I'd buy them if they were cheap enough.

But hypocrisy is everywhere.all these climate change types,bet they wouldn't refuse a ride in a deisel ambulance if they were crapping themselves.

as @Yadda yadda yadda says the tone is set at the top and it's very low......Hancock aka Midazolam Matt(wait till that gets a rpoepr hearing), Rishi and his non Dom Mrs, Michelle Moan.......etc etc

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Super idea and like you say, an easy sell.The headlines would work for a day until joe pulbic started noticing the pre tax incomes being discussed.

As I've said,my work should be very left wing but I'm seeing increasing numbers of the young folks who are living in HMO's at 28 or 30 and wondering why they can't afford a TV as big as the people on bennies,let alone a hosue.

Over the eyars I have seen an increasing correlation between your output and the Graf's,could be conicdence:ph34r:

on this vein,now is thei the Tories doing the following to help hard working people or to keep his bennies spending plans afloat.

Reality is that seeing 40% of your moeny go in icnome tax and 40% on death is a pretty depressing,which explains why so many higher income tax payers are opting to play golf or plant their own spuds.

PS worth noting old Nadim knows a thing ro tow about tax effieicny

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/25/abolishing-inheritance-tax-would-boost-britains-workforce/

Abolishing inheritance tax would boost workforce by 300,000, say Truss-backed economists

Abolishing inheritance tax would increase Britain’s workforce by 300,000 because it would encourage people not to retire early, economists backed by Liz Truss have argued.

Analysis by the Growth Commission claimed the number of people in work would increase by 1.1 per cent if the tax was removed.

The commission’s economists argued that people choose to stop work earlier because the top tranche of their savings will be taxed when they die, but may not do so if the tax was scrapped.

Meanwhile, a second Tory-linked group, the Adam Smith Institute, headed by Nadhim Zahawi, the former Conservative chairman, also published a call to axe the tax.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 3

Democorruptcy
5 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

I have zero moral compass when it comes to making moeny if it's legal.I see the consequences of tobacco sue and we've 15% in there.

I see the consequences of Big Pharma shelling out vaccines with extrememly dubious safety records at £20 a pop and I'd buy them if they were cheap enough.

But hypocrisy is everywhere.all these climate change types,bet they wouldn't refuse a ride in a deisel ambulance if they were crapping themselves.

as @Yadda yadda yadda says the tone is set at the top and it's very low......Hancock aka Midazolam Matt(wait till that gets a rpoepr hearing), Rishi and his non Dom Mrs, Michelle Moan.......etc etc

Super idea and like you say, an easy sell.The headlines would work for a day until joe pulbic started noticing the pre tax incomes being discussed.

As I've said,my work should be very left wing but I'm seeing increasing numbers of the young folks who are living in HMO's at 28 or 30 and wondering why they can't afford a TV as big as the people on bennies,let alone a hosue.

Over the eyars I have seen an increasing correlation between your output and the Graf's,could be conicdence:ph34r:

on this vein,now is thei the Tories doing the following to help hard working people or to keep his bennies spending plans afloat.

Reality is that seeing 40% of your moeny go in icnome tax and 40% on death is a pretty depressing,which explains why so many higher income tax payers are opting to play golf or plant their own spuds.

PS worth noting old Nadim knows a thing ro tow about tax effieicny

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/25/abolishing-inheritance-tax-would-boost-britains-workforce/

Abolishing inheritance tax would boost workforce by 300,000, say Truss-backed economists

Abolishing inheritance tax would increase Britain’s workforce by 300,000 because it would encourage people not to retire early, economists backed by Liz Truss have argued.

Analysis by the Growth Commission claimed the number of people in work would increase by 1.1 per cent if the tax was removed.

The commission’s economists argued that people choose to stop work earlier because the top tranche of their savings will be taxed when they die, but may not do so if the tax was scrapped.

Meanwhile, a second Tory-linked group, the Adam Smith Institute, headed by Nadhim Zahawi, the former Conservative chairman, also published a call to axe the tax.

People who are worried about Inheritance Tax liabilities don't need to give up work to make a 'saving'. They can gift surplus income away now and there isn't even a 7 year rule on it, like there is on other gifts.

In most instances, making gifts to friends or family of amounts of more than £3,000 runs the risk of incurring an inheritance tax bill. HMRC calls such gifts ‘potentially exempt transfers’ and applies the ‘seven-year rule’ when determining the amount of inheritance tax the gift can become liable for.

If the person making the gift lives for at least seven years after the gift is made, there is no inheritance tax to be paid by the person receiving the gift. However, if the person dies within the first three years of the gift being made, the gift could be liable to the full 40% inheritance tax charge, which is payable by the recipient of the gift. For gifts made between three and seven years before death, HMRC reduces the IHT charge for each full year the person who made the gift survives (known as ‘taper relief’).

However, one of the biggest advantages of making a gift out of surplus income is that there is no seven-year clock for the giver or the receiver of the gift to keep an eye on. But that is only as long as the Executors of the person’s estate can prove that the gift was indeed made from surplus income.

https://financial-advice.co.uk/2021/04/making-tax-efficient-gifts-out-of-surplus-income/

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

12 hours ago, darkmarket said:

It's not a huge leap from the SNP's proposed state-appointed parent to state-matched couples. Dating app algorithmic control isn't so different.

Yes, the warped SNP Named Persons scheme. The SNP could have succeeded in getting their way, after all the (even more warped) UK media repeatedly reported the proposed policies as being somehow caring and responsible, and not as an authoritarian method of control straight out of East Germany!

Thing is, the public pay very little attention to these sorts of frightening policies, never mind questioning the 'low moral compass' (recently introduced thread phrase!!) of the types of politician that want them. I recall talking to colleagues about the subject and most of them thought it was fake news.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/09/19/john-swinney-finally-scraps-snps-state-guardian-scheme-refuses/

Edited by JMD
  • Agree 4

darkmarket
4 minutes ago, JMD said:

an authoritarian method of control straight out of East Germany

Exactly, absolutely drunk on power up there.

• Agree 1

Yadda yadda yadda
11 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

I think its quite telling that Sunaks response to Lee Andersons comments ref Sadiq Khan being controlled by Islamists is to suspend his membership.

Imho the country seems to be being run for the benefit and protection of Islamic extremists at the cost of historic freedoms British people have enjoyed in terms of free thought,speech and the Chrsitian way of life.

I see the current travails as less of a battle between races but rather a battle between Christianity and Islam within the UK.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/02/24/lee-anderson-whip-suspended-sadiq-khan-islamists/

Mr Anderson, a former deputy chair of the Conservative Party, made the comments on Friday as he spoke about the policing of pro-Palestinian protests

He told GB News: “I don’t actually believe that the Islamists have got control of our country, but what I do believe is they’ve got control of Khan and they’ve got control of London. He’s actually given our capital city away to his mates.”

I read somewhere the otehr day(from a relaible source iirc) that 75% of thsoe being tracked by MI5 were Islamic Extremists.

To have an open discussion about law and order,you have to be willing to confront some social taboos.

PS-your psots over the last 24/48 hrs ahve been very thought rpovoking and I admire your mroal courage in wearing your heart on your sleeve whetehr I agree with you or not. fair paly to @spunko for creating and securing this bastion of free thought and speech

Absolutely amazes me that the CoE and, probably to a lesser extent, the Catholic Church appeases Muslims. The church should be clear that all Muslims are going to hell. Surely, from the perspective of a committed Christian, anyone who doesn't follow Christianity is going to hell? Compassion is one thing but talking about faith leaders as if interchangeable and allowing non-Christians to use churches is sinful. How they can see Muslims as anything other than sinners duped by a false prophet presumably sent by the devil is beyond me. There are no shades of grey when it comes to right and wrong in front of God.

I'm not actually religious and one reason is that I don't see how a God would allow some people made in His image to be brought up in an abhorrent faith. Well off topic so I won't talk more about this on this thread.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

ashestoashes
2 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Absolutely amazes me that the CoE and, probably to a lesser extent, the Catholic Church appeases Muslims. The church should be clear that all Muslims are going to hell. Surely, from the perspective of a committed Christian, anyone who doesn't follow Christianity is going to hell? Compassion is one thing but talking about faith leaders as if interchangeable and allowing non-Christians to use churches is sinful. How they can see Muslims as anything other than sinners duped by a false prophet presumably sent by the devil is beyond me. There are no shades of grey when it comes to right and wrong in front of God.

I'm not actually religious and one reason is that I don't see how a God would allow some people made in His image to be brought up in an abhorrent faith. Well off topic so I won't talk more about this on this thread.

maybe tptb want to move towards a one world religion or as a minimum want a reformed Islam, so this appeasement would be a step towards that 

• Agree 2

Yadda yadda yadda
4 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

maybe tptb want to move towards a one world religion or as a minimum want a reformed Islam, so this appeasement would be a step towards that 

Impossible. How many versions of islam are there? They will kill each other over their differences and people will always create differences. Christians will too. You will never united everyone under one religion.

Division is a far more useful tool of control.

• Agree 4