DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

DurhamBorn
3 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

If they tax bennies it will just be sad tax face in the papers and on the TV. They would argue to raise bennies to compensate. Of course that would bring home just how high benefits are. It isn't going to happen. I'd love to be proved wrong.

I agree,but its the one number that turns the roadmap off vertical.We are 100% certain of a disaster on the present path and it needs a big change,something really big.Tax more wont do it,its making it worse because they are taxing the low paid not on bennies etc.

• Agree 5
  • Bogged 1

18 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Here's Britain in a nutshell. He's been here for two weeks, FIVE fucking kids, can barely speak a word of English and he gets given a free four bedroom house and God only knows how much in benefits, healthcare, translators, support worker etc. What an asset to the country. If you can't understand where this leads, that collapse is absolutely baked in, then you have to be retarded.

Enjoy the show, you're fucking paying for it.

Hate the game not the player! It's misguided to blame immigrants when the politicians put the country in this position.

He has 3 months to find a job before his benefits stop. And Birmingham is far from a "nice" area.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I have a moral compass, it isn't perfect but no-ones is. It is the people running the country that don't have any morals. Plus the long term benefits claimants that never put in to society. Also the immigrants who come for free housing and free money. It is immoral to tax people to pay for it all. In these circumstances avoiding that tax is morally acceptable. We're still robbed by money printing and inflation.

The whole thing is doomed and morals can reassert themselves once it has collapsed. I would rather it was different but the takers are far too selfish to even consider that they're the problem.

I think that's right. I'd perhaps add that morality can be viewed in terms of being purely virtuous...  an idealised concept frequently taught at universities.

However a 'moral compass' implies direction (ie no 'zig-zag'!!) - so perhaps let's maybe extrapolate this fully into a linear/stable workable/realisable system of governance...   In practical terms, for us plebs throughout history, this has usually meant ('greatfuly' accepting?) a society which merely delivers the maximum good to the maximum number of people.

And so the majority (above or below thread-basement level) are certainly not asking for 'the moon on a stick', but yet nothing is working correctly at present, and people are rightly becoming scared and angry. However attempting to impugn peoples morality (as the OP appeared to do) is IMO - willfully or ignorantly - spectacularly missing the point.

Edited by JMD

Axeman123
13 hours ago, darkmarket said:

It's not a huge leap from the SNP's proposed state-appointed parent to state-matched couples. Dating app algorithmic control isn't so different.

Single women 40+ (that have "had their fun") would vote as a bloc for a solvent husband to be involuntarily allocated to them all right. If the exact equivalent relative to the male sexual imperative* was suggested however...can you imagine the outrage?

*Men that haven't built their worth yet (eg teens, broke, nerd etc) are the equivalent of women that have squandered theirs.

14 hours ago, King Penda said:

The system and women can’t have it all there own way I’m fully expecting men who use dating sites just to shag random women to be made illegal (somehow ) in the future ie false pretence or what not 

Already is. How many "date rape" or "he raped me repeatedly before we got engaged and went on a narrow boat holiday with my parents" etc stories are really "I wasn't into the sex but expected a relationship or lifestyle in exchange that didn't then happen" regrets and resentments?

Young women getting their tingles with the biggest selection of in-demand men will never be outlawed. "Sex positivity" is even propaanda for them doing it without shame as an act of liberation. Ordinary men on the other hand will be increasingly criminalised for doing better than the feminists think he was entitled to.

• Agree 8

3 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

A friend of mine's elderly Mum is bipolar, and she does this. One time he went to visit to find an entire Indian family staying at her house that she'd "rescued" from a bus stop :D you have to laugh because it's just tragic, tragicomedy. But your comment made me think of the goverment in the same way: bipolar. Our governance has a collective mental defect, if only we could lob lithium into Westminster to calm them down.

Well our politicians have certainly habitualised smiling inanely (or is it insanely?), and do a lot of senseless hand and arm gesticulation. I note they also repeat the same failed policies but weirdly expect different results!

I recall that back when I was at school, parents would often describe such children who acted in that manner as being 'very excitable'. Everyone knew what that really meant, but today we elect these same loons into government.     

(begs the question who exactly are the mad ones, them or 'us'?; thread excluded as we are obviously  intellectually(++morally) superior!!)

Edited by JMD
  • Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Il put this here.I was running some numbers through the roadmap and there was one number that turned things away from collapse.One i never thought of before,but it turns several cross market tracks back down.It was to tax bennies the same as other income.IE you get a tax allowance the same as everyone,but all bennies over that (including PIP ,Housing benefit etc) were then taxed the same as earnings.

Its a straight forward reform,quite east to sell,its just treating parasites the same as everyone else.Of course,they could also make sure income from dividends etc are treated the same ie all income,wherever from is treated under the same tax system.

Would Hunt do it just before an election?.Very doubtful,but if he did he could maybe increase the tax free allowance straight away.Its the only number i have used that turns things.Extra tax etc,nothing works,it just speeds up collapse.

Seeing as the Telegraph pinch my work all the time without paying,maybe they would like to run this one.Tax bennies the same as all other income.There you go hacks,its the silver bullet that on my numbers slightly turns the roadmap from certain collapse to maybe not.

Several benefits are taxable already. So it’s not a huge leap. 

You have reiterated that the government is driving growth by consumption rather than production…..once you said that it began to make sense to me. I don’t mean the government are right….but at least I understood their flawed rationale.

So I imagine they ‘think’ almost all benefits are placed straight back into the economy and they get much of it back on VAT, fag and beer tax etc….but also they tax the recipient eg landlord, carer, food manufacturer, telecoms, energy supplier etc. Effectively benefits are QE.

Taxing bennies would be fairer though…..and if they have to raise them to compensate it makes it transparent that many on benefits are now better off than lower paid workers once you factor in free school meals, free rent, lower council tax, lower water rates etc etc.  So they can’t raise them too much otherwise £22k becomes £28k because it’s already a fine line and suddenly nobody goes to work anymore. 

• Agree 4

SpectrumFX
7 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

IMO it stands to reason that the tax free allowance should be enough to survive on, since taxing a person already below such a level would be immoral. Following on the benefits cap should be the exact same sum, and absolutely rigid, since no shirker should be better off than a worker. Taxing benefits is an absolute dogs dinner conceptually, so this is the easiest solution. Otherwise: You don't have enough -> we give you more -> you now have too much -> we take some of it back, but through an entirely seperate mechanism with additional adminO.o.

Let the govt pick a single number for both cases, benefits for a single mum with all the isms etc can get upto the 50k pre-tax PAYE level for example and yet personal allowance is literally 1/4 of that?! Perhaps a fudge (if nothing else to keep all the civil servants processing claims etc employed) would be transferrable or poolable personal allowances that also 1:1 raise the benefit cap. If a single mum needs 3k a month takehome to live on benefits, why would a working mum earing 3k a month pay tax on it? If anything the worker will need more not less; due to childcare, work clothes, and commuting.

Obviously all too simple, so will never happen of course.

You could scrap tax credits, and replace it with a system that lets the parents use the kids tax allowance up to 18, or until they start using it themselves.

• Agree 9
  • Informative 1

ashestoashes
22 minutes ago, janch said:

The globalists have no moral compass according to this in ZH:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/understand-globalists-we-must-understand-their-psychopathic-religion

Globalists assert that there is no such thing as the soul, no such thing as individual identity and no such thing as moral compass. 

I think this article explains a lot of what we're seeing all around us.

Except if you live in Israel

• Agree 3

One percent
5 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Don’t like to over echo….but those Facebook posts are also typically straight from a stereotype text book. Genuine posts…..and we are in posh Yorkshire 😉🤔

Urgent, does anyone know someone who can do a new set of nails this afternoon. My usual lady is sick…..with a little check some 24 year old chubby (but well maintained and quite Bonnie) single mum of 2. 

Loads of requests for rentals, home repairs (always urgent), second hand furniture, prams, kids clubs…and always mention of kids with ‘special needs’.

It’s a fascinating insight into our communities and our economy……ands its shite 🤦🏻‍♂️

@JoeDavola your gif if you please.  :)xD

• Lol 1

honkydonkey
On 25/02/2024 at 10:50, ThoughtCriminal said:

I'm simultaneously shocked and amused at how many Kumbaya Civic Nationalists/sensible centrists there are on here who think there's any saving this country. "It's economic and political not ethnic, we need to be less divisive" etc. 

DB has laid out the economic reasons why collapse is now baked in, the cultural decay is what underlies it. I went to another reunion last night, this time with the people I trained with when I joined the prison service. Some of them are now governors and it was the same story: Whitehall policy is to deliberately recruit young girls into the job as they're more pliable, 50% of staff now females under 25 in some areas. Alarm bells go and experienced staff ignore it as they know nobody will have their back. People were fighting to get stuck in when I joined. Staff turnover is huge as they can't cope with the intimidation from prisoners. Experienced staff, 20 years in, being deliberately overlooked for promotion in favour of 23 years olds with two years in the job and rightly saying "fuck you, I'm gone". Out of a class of 25 from 2003 only 7 are still in the job, bearing in mind we're all Gen X and this was always considered a job for life. All that experience gone forever. Imagine an army in which barely any NCOs have more than a few years in the job. Do you think it would win many wars?

The Met now has 10% of officers functionally illiterate in English. Nothing to do with immigration though, right? UK is the acid attack capital of Europe. Nothing to do with immigration though, right? Sweden is now the bomb, grenade, shooting and rape capital of Europe. Nothing to do with immigration though, right?

I think the phrase is "don't piss down my leg and tell me its raining".

image.thumb.png.0cba762d7d3a65d70e20573f5cce73d4.png

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cringe 2

27 minutes ago, One percent said:

@JoeDavola your gif if you please.  :)xD

15 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Now now if your expecting it then it’s not as much fun is it!

A really really posh part of Yorkshire. Come on….you know you want to 😂😂

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

Mandalorian
9 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

I agree,but its the one number that turns the roadmap off vertical.We are 100% certain of a disaster on the present path and it needs a big change,something really big.Tax more wont do it,its making it worse because they are taxing the low paid not on bennies etc.

The problem is they wouldn't be "taxing" benefits, would they?  The state would just be pretending to withhold some of the money it would otherwise have handed over. 

(Not a single state employee pays any income tax or NI - the state just never hands over 20% or 40% of the quoted salary.  Public sector tax is all just pretend.)

Granted, the benefits bill would drop by 20% all else being equal, but they'd still tax the private sector the same amounts as now and waste the 20%.

• Agree 9
  • Cheers 2
  • Cringe 1

4 hours ago, sancho panza said:

53% of those on the sick have depression/anxiety as primary diagnosis.80% of those are signed off permanently.......

What

The

Fuck

• Agree 10
  • Lol 1