DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

1 minute ago, gibbon said:

Am I the only person who never buys anything from these places? It's like they're setup to serve a clientele I had no idea existed. I pop into them now and then and just think what a load of cheap junk everything is and walk out.

Everything is half the cost

For half the size

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Am I the only person who never buys anything from these places? It's like they're setup to serve a clientele I had no idea existed. I pop into them now and then and just think what a load of cheap junk everything is and walk out.

Wilkinsons used to be handy for odd things, eg on different trips I have bought in there:

A Tefal electric kettle

A caffetiere/French press (coffeepot)

A fitted bedsheet

A clothes horse

Mould spray

Tiny tin of Polyeurethane varnish (for maybe £3!)

Several of those items could have just have easily been found in a big Tesco TBF, and the rest ebay/amazon, but a tiny quantity of Poly without paying more in delivery than the thing itself is something I couldn't find anyhere else on earth. 

B&M is the least crap of "those type" shops. Home bargains is utter garbage, although I hear some of their grog is keenly priced. Poundland is literally stuff you would buy for 24 hours use before landfill (or if your landlord insists you leave a loo brush or dust pan and brush when you move out even though one wasn't provided etc).

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, dgul said:

Remember Woolworth's.  The company that sold cheap stuff on the high street but went bankrupt.

Much of their retail position was taken over by Wilko, which could definitely thrive where Woolworth's couldn't.

Except it couldn't.

That’s a good point. I’d forgotten about Woolworths. Edit: Wilko is in a lot of town centre shopping centres in the big units.

Edited by Ash4781b
  • Agree 2

Wight Flight
5 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

OH dealing with an American company who say they are short of cash and can't send goods out without being paid upfront, but are already behind in delivering goods already paid for

That's brutally honest.

Almost Ratneresque.

• Agree 1

On 03/08/2023 at 17:45, Axeman123 said:

Wilkinsons used to be handy for odd things, eg on different trips I have bought in there:

A Tefal electric kettle

A fitted bedsheet

A clothes horse

Mould spray

Several of those items could have just have easily been found in a big Tesco TBF, and the rest ebay/amazon, but a tiny quantity of Poly without paying more in delivery than the thing itself is something I couldn't find anyhere else on earth. 

B&M is the least crap of "those type" shops. Home bargains is utter garbage, although I hear some of their grog is keenly priced. Poundland is literally stuff you would buy for 24 hours use before landfill (or if your landlord insists you leave a loo brush or dust pan and brush when you move out even though one wasn't provided etc).

Lidl had a lathe in the middle isle the other day 

• Informative 2
  • Lol 2

47 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Emailed one of my suppliers today. It bounced.

60 person company that collapsed three weeks ago.

i don't use them very often but needed to as my other supplier went bust at the weekend.

it is getting very sticky out there in the SME sector.

Care homes are in danger I suspect cqc won’t be has Johnny on the ball soon . There’s a massive problem getting staff and financial problems looming the nhs will be bed blocked to fuck…… fantastic lol

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

ashestoashes
58 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Care homes are in danger I suspect cqc won’t be has Johnny on the ball soon . There’s a massive problem getting staff and financial problems looming the nhs will be bed blocked to fuck…… fantastic lol

people will be more accepting of the euthanasia pill then that the .gov want to bring in

• Lol 1

belfastchild
7 hours ago, King Penda said:

Lidl had a lathe in the middle isle the other day 

I have one. Its 5 years old, hasnt been out of the box. Thats 2 years past the warranty. It was half the price of the latest one.
Strangely enough Im about to get it out of the box this weekend and hopefully use it for the first time. At least I can take it back now and say I forgot the receipt ;-)

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, dnb24 said:

A number of US companies hitting the wall-

Employment stats over there are fake as hell, but these big name layoffs make that pretense harder to keep up. The strong labour market has been often referred to by Fed speakers as justifying continued hikes.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, dnb24 said:

Is WeWork in trouble? I remember them being advertised in a few places.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

leonardratso
2 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Is WeWork in trouble? I remember them being advertised in a few places.

thought theyd collapsed ages ago, im surprised they are still a thing. Mind you i didnt even know clive dunn was dead.

• Agree 1

On 03/08/2023 at 17:45, Axeman123 said:

A Tefal electric kettle

A fitted bedsheet

A clothes horse

Mould spray

I do miss The Generation Game!

• Agree 2
  • Lol 4

Talking Monkey
4 hours ago, leonardratso said:

thought theyd collapsed ages ago, im surprised they are still a thing. Mind you i didnt even know clive dunn was dead.

Fuck, clive gone, damn. 

• Cheers 1

Roger_Mellie
On 09/08/2023 at 05:54, Stuey said:

It made me chuckle too. 

Imagine being the lidl manager. No idea what's coming off the delivery van on any given day. One day it's a lathe, the next a snorkel set, the next a job lot of headlight bulbs. It's a total lottery. 

• Lol 6

• 1 month later...

:/ links for future searches

A raft of lawfirms LLPs are going downhill ( Ince + Plexus + DWF + Axiom Ince)  https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/24695-fuckwit-arsewipe-n-cockdrip-llp/

Wilcos have gone https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/25840-bye-bye-wilko-wilko-bye-bye/

The system is collapsing - various https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/24100-systemic-collapse-watch-first-signs/#comment-1826991 

O.o 

Edited by Andersen
  • Informative 1

On 22/01/2019 at 19:32, Errol said:

Patisserie Valerie went into administration this evening.

And the directors have been charged.  Mind i think the problem was that the cfo ate all the cakes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12513439/Former-chief-financial-officer-firm-owned-collapsed-bakery-Patisserie-Valerie-charged-conspiracy-defraud.html

The ex-finance boss of the firm that owned collapsed bakery Patisserie Valerie and three others have been charged with conspiracy to defraud, the Serious Fraud Office has said.

The SFO said that they brought charges against the four individuals who oversaw the 'financial failure' of the chain of almost 200 high street bakeries.

The SFO has charged Christopher Marsh, the former director and chief finance officer of Patisserie Holdings Plc for 12 years, and his wife, accountant Louise Marsh.

It has also charged financial controller Pritesh Mistry and financial consultant Nileshkumar Lad. All four suspects were served with charges at their homes.

The SFO opened a full investigation into the conduct, codenamed 'Operation Venom', in October 2018.

• Informative 1

I'll go with Pets at Home, 450 stores nationwide.

Went into one the other week, seriously low on stock, most items about 50% empty shelves. Equal number of staff vs customers.

Rarely go in there as expensive. Didn't have the item I wanted. Shop assistant advised to buy on Amazon as cheaper.

If that's typical of all their stores they are certainly in trouble.

• Informative 3

22 minutes ago, invalid said:

I'll go with Pets at Home, 450 stores nationwide.

Went into one the other week, seriously low on stock, most items about 50% empty shelves. Equal number of staff vs customers.

Rarely go in there as expensive. Didn't have the item I wanted. Shop assistant advised to buy on Amazon as cheaper.

If that's typical of all their stores they are certainly in trouble.

Halfords is similar but overstocked.

• Agree 2