DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

5 hours ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

3 or 4 other people in my train carriage, Paddington deserted at 9am, half a dozen bodies on the Tube. 

All the trains I have been on in the last few weeks were between 75% and 95% down on normal loadings

5 hours ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Edited by Panther

Back from London now... Just wanted to add: as far as I am aware, the ticket inspectors aren't working currently on the trains I think. First time I did not see any ticket inspectors there or back. I should have just bought a return to Orpington and saved £11. Oh well.

Edited by spunko
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Errol said:

Worldwide deaths have passed 600,000.

It's not fear to stay off public transport and avoid large cities/crowds - just common sense.

20 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I've had it apparently and didn't even notice. So how many others are the same as me?

We only know about the people who react badly, what if they're the unfortunate minority?

Not that I'm suggesting they are not important, just asking.

Can we not have a repeat of these arguments bogging down every thread, I would politely ask they are kept to the thread by Stunley Andwin.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, spunko said:

Can we not have a repeat of these arguments bogging down every thread, I would politely ask they are kept to the thread by Stunley Andwin.

I consider myself chastised.

Sorry ☹️

Wight Flight
26 minutes ago, spunko said:

Can we pin this post as the first incidence of Dosbod moderation.

Thin end of the wedge...

• Lol 3

Gloommonger

Landed at Stansted Airport yesterday, prepared myself for the long queue at passport control; nobody there! I was with my kids so didn't use the automatic barrier, but there is usually a 20 minute queue and we just walked straight to the border control man. 

• Informative 2

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

Landed at Stansted Airport yesterday, prepared myself for the long queue at passport control; nobody there! I was with my kids so didn't use the automatic barrier, but there is usually a 20 minute queue and we just walked straight to the border control man. 

As posted on the holiday thread, my lad was the only person in international immigration today at Atlanta, the world's busiest airport.

Gloommonger
2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

As posted on the holiday thread, my lad was the only person in international immigration today at Atlanta, the world's busiest airport.

And they wouldn't let him in?!

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Worldwide deaths have passed 600,000.

It's not fear to stay off public transport and avoid large cities/crowds - just common sense.

600k deaths in a world population of 8/9 billion. Flu regularly kills millions per year.

Yes, the UK has changed dramatically this year due to the “pandemic”. Fear is high in the population. Changed working practices and behaviour.

My personal opinion is that the government is maybe shitting themselves due to what their actions have unleashed or it could be that the “pandemic” is being used to reset the economy by order from players higher in the pecking order than politicians.

I’ve thought for a number of years that living standards in the UK have been on the decline and it seems to be certain now for the majority. 

• Agree 5

stop_the_craziness

Those photos of Leadenhall are astonishing, even for a weekend.  And an empty Chandos?  Never did I think such a day would ever come.  

I live fairly near to a level crossing and I've been waiting at it a few times when it would be the right time for packed peak-commuter-home-trains passing and they look like middle-of-the-day trains with people just dotted about the carriages.  It's spooky.

2 hours ago, spunko said:

Back from London now... Just wanted to add: as far as I am aware, the ticket inspectors aren't working currently on the trains I think. First time I did not see any ticket inspectors there or back. I should have just bought a return to Orpington and saved £11. Oh well.

Did you wear a mask on the train? 

I considered a 40 min train to Notts and back on Saturday for some beers, but decided against it in the end as I could not be arsed with the mask hitlers bothering me, especially on the last train home after I've had a few.  

I'm almost tempted to drive to London this week with my bike in the car and go for a peddle round all the 'hot spots'.  I've never seen London quiet in my life. 

54 minutes ago, Iamcynical said:

Did you wear a mask on the train? 

I considered a 40 min train to Notts and back on Saturday for some beers, but decided against it in the end as I could not be arsed with the mask hitlers bothering me, especially on the last train home after I've had a few.  

I'm almost tempted to drive to London this week with my bike in the car and go for a peddle round all the 'hot spots'.  I've never seen London quiet in my life. 

Yeah I had to buy one, it's basically a bit of cheap foam. Embarrassing really that anyone thinks that'll stop anything being spread. I'm not going to wear a mask in shops though, when the law changes. I'll either say I'm asthmatic or just not bother going.

I'd say about 5 to 10 percent of people werent wearing a mask in the station, nearly all of them were black folk I noticed.

Edited by spunko
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, spunko said:

Yeah I had to buy one, it's basically a bit of cheap foam. Embarrassing really that anyone thinks that'll stop anything being spread. I'm not going to wear a mask in shops though, when the law changes. I'll either say I'm asthmatic or just not bother going.

I'd say about 5 to 10 percent of people werent wearing a mask in the station, nearly all of them were black folk I noticed.

We wore masks out at the weekend as a test run - not needed by law where we are, but it's coming.  Some shops already have a 'must wear masks' sign.

Main issue was the behind the ears straps cutting in after a while; wife spent last night adding soft fabric to the design so that it is padded.  She also made a winter one which is basically a snood.  

It's all so depressing how quickly people will turn fascist over these.  You can see how freedoms are lost by the actions of the masses.

• Agree 3

Startifartblast
5 hours ago, spunko said:

Hey. Don't ruin my thread with it!

• Lol 2

10 hours ago, Errol said:

We are still in the middle of a global pandemic that is essentially totally out of control. Why would you expect people to be in the pubs or London?

Until there is a vaccine there will be no major change.

Rubbish.

Did you know that, on average, 1 500 died every day in 2019

COVID kills less than 1%

An economic collapse could kill 30% of the population

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Errol said:

The alternative is letting the virus run rampant, and we have 120,000 dead, 50% of the population at home ill or suffering long-term impact and the economy collapses.

This virus is no more deadly than swine flu

You think that 120 000 dead in a population of 65 000 000 is a cause for concern?

Says a lot about the state of maths teaching in the UK

Did you know that 150 000 people die every year in Britain

• Agree 1

The Generation Game

It's interesting seeing these pictures of London. The scaremongering seems to have done a proper job on making people stay away. 

Here in Brno it really does feel like everything is normal. In the week or so since we've been back, we've been to a large out of town retailer (bus and tram and shops as busy as ever), the local park (people everywhere and enjoyed a nice beer outside), family have been to one of the outdoor swimming pools (over 1000 there) and an interactive science museum (so many buttons and levers that if one of the hundreds in there had the virus, we've all probably had it). 

Decided to take advantage of the low demand prices and stay in Prague next weekend. Things seem slightly different there (mask required on underground so we'll avoid it, several places still shut). From a selfish perspective, I'm hoping that the beer and food prices in the tourist spots are still at their reduced prices (I doubt it but I'll report back next week). Watched this video last night (filmed in early June) and it looks enchanting and depressing in equal measures. 

• Agree 1

On 18/07/2020 at 17:34, snaga said:

At first, employees will realise that they don't need to commute.

Then employers will realise they don't need local staff.

Then employers will realise they don't need expensive staff in the UK at all.

It's not just the death of London, or Cities, but of all jobs that can be done cheaper elsewhere.

Eventually workers will realise they don't need to work and can live off welfare with almost the same amount of money as when they were working but with less stress.

Don't forget, "work" has been fetishised over the last 20 or so years and some networking work websites have sprung up alongside that fetish. In the past, work was a means to an end. Now it is marketed as a kind of status-symbol to certain more superficial demographic groups (all done imo so that the ptb have an eager taxpayer-pool who they know will always slavishly chase this status and provide tax receipts for those that don't care about this status).

Edited by HolyCow
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

Eventually workers will realise they don't need to work and can live off welfare with almost the same amount of money as when they were working but with less stress.

until the country's wealth runs out.

Edited by snaga
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, snaga said:

until the country's wealth runs out.

Rishi can just print another trillion...we'll all be rich and living on Mars in no time. 

• Agree 1

London landlords suffer record fall in rents as coronavirus effect takes hold

Inner London rents fall 7.4pc as supply rises and renters leave the capital

A fall in June rentals probaly reflect  at least 2 months of voids i.e. the conditions in April.

Thisis probem with having a high number of renters.

If/when the eocnomy turns down then they are all off with just 1months notice.

An OO has normally to battle through a slow down.

Again, this is why banks and esp. building societies should have never got into BTL. They just have a clue of how the market behaves.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

London landlords suffer record fall in rents as coronavirus effect takes hold

Inner London rents fall 7.4pc as supply rises and renters leave the capital

A fall in June rentals probaly reflect  at least 2 months of voids i.e. the conditions in April.

Thisis probem with having a high number of renters.

If/when the eocnomy turns down then they are all off with just 1months notice.

An OO has normally to battle through a slow down.

Again, this is why banks and esp. building societies should have never got into BTL. They just have a clue of how the market behaves.

They've viewed the renters as a latent pool for demand that they can lend more to (with government help) in the future to prop the ponzi market up with.  Doesn't work though when a lot of the rental demand is from temporary visitors/workers.

1 minute ago, onlyme said:

They've viewed the renters as a latent pool for demand that they can lend more to (with government help) in the future to prop the ponzi market up with.  Doesn't work though when a lot of the rental demand is from temporary visitors/workers.

Indeed.

A 20 year mortgage with  income from someone on a 1 month contract.

• Agree 1