DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

19 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Bollocks.

You sign on at 1.40pm once a fucking fortnight...

XYY

Now, Norbert Nash. I'm sure the world of work is an alien concept to you.

On 14/08/2020 at 06:31, The XYY Man said:

London is full of really horrible cunts.

So much so that the BBC have moved to Manchester...

XYY

And now they've discovered that there's a load of brand new cunts at Manchester...  Funny that.

I'm quite shocked by how quickly the population is changing. The demographics seem to be changing monthly. A lot of middle-class areas seem to be much less homogenous and much more disperate now. I think it will be a very very different place in the next 5-10 years in my opinion. 

• Agree 4

The attitude of the Government and elite that wage slaves should waste hours schlepping into work on dirty, expensive, overcrowded transport supposedly for the greater good - i.e. the rich who rely on their spending and taxes, is laughable.

Ironically, we've had 50+ years of those in charge promoting predatory capitalism, selfishness and individualism at the expense of social cohesion, now wanting everyone to suddenly work for the good of society, unsurprisingly the little man isn't keen. 

• Agree 9

12 hours ago, HolyCow said:

The attitude of the Government and elite that wage slaves should waste hours schlepping into work on dirty, expensive, overcrowded transport supposedly for the greater good - i.e. the rich who rely on their spending and taxes, is laughable.

Ironically, we've had 50+ years of those in charge promoting predatory capitalism, selfishness and individualism at the expense of social cohesion, now wanting everyone to suddenly work for the good of society, unsurprisingly the little man isn't keen. 

They dont like change, despite overseeing massive change in London over the last 20 years, which is shortly to be exposed.

Brits are a minority in London now. The cheeky cockernees, bowler hatted bankers have been replaced by the a few super rich and a lot of 3rd worlders and EUers serving coffee.

Without the Brits to travel in and do the wealth creating work, be it plumbers from Essex or bankers training in from Surrey, the whole scam falls.

• Agree 5

14 hours ago, spygirl said:

Out at 6.30. Back at 8.30.

Summer was hot n sweaty and a waste of a nice day.

Winter was suicidal- only saw Sun at dinner time.

And all the stress n shit n diesel fumes n sweaty armpits on the tubes.

Agree. I can only presume that the politicians and media calling for people to 'get back to their desks' and back to London have never actually commuted into London.

Nobody would wish commuting even on their worst enemy. It's an appalling waste of time, life and money.

At this point, the virus has very little to do with people not going back. It's just that the people have realised they can work at home and have no reason to go to London. Plus, they hated commuting anyway so where is the reason for them to go back? The Government isn't offering one yet.

Edited by Errol
  • Agree 6

Virgil Caine
4 hours ago, Errol said:

Agree. I can only presume that the politicians and media calling for people to 'get back to their desks' and back to London have never actually commuted into London.

Nobody would wish commuting even on their worst enemy. It's an appalling waste of time, life and money.

At this point, the virus has very little to do with people not going back. It's just that the people have realised they can work at home and have no reason to go to London. Plus, they hated commuting anyway so where is the reason for them to go back? The Government isn't offering one yet.

I used to commute the opposite way from Burgess Hill to Brighton and I found that expensive and time consuming but at least I got a seat. Some evenings returning home I had to change trains at Hayward’s Heath and used to pick up the London train for one stop south. A lot of the poor buggers on that train from Victoria had been standing for nearly an hour by the time I got on. Presumably they endured similar conditions on the way into London. Hardly surprising some employers have found staff productivity has increased when working from home as their employees must have be knackered by the time they got to work most days before the coronavirus.

• Agree 1

Don Coglione
46 minutes ago, Errol said:

More on this story from CityAM:

Schroders becomes first major City firm to make home working permanent

https://www.cityam.com/schroders-becomes-first-major-city-firm-to-make-home-working-permanent/

A good mate is high up in the Personnel function of a major bank.

Productivity has doubled with people working from home; no plans to re-open the head office until Easter at the earliest and, even then, many/most won't be going back full time.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Productivity has doubled with people working from home; no plans to re-open the head office until Easter at the earliest and, even then, many/most won't be going back full time.

This is my experience as well. Teams working better from home - happier, more productive and it's been going on for 5 months now. You get more out of every worker as well as everyone is happy to work longer if they don't have a 3 hour commute and are not spending £4000 a year on trains (so effectively a large pay rise).

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
18 minutes ago, Errol said:

This is my experience as well. Teams working better from home - happier, more productive and it's been going on for 5 months now. You get more out of every worker as well as everyone is happy to work longer if they don't have a 3 hour commute and are not spending £4000 a year on trains (so effectively a large pay rise).

This is what I keep hearing. But every time I interact with someone working from home the service is total crap.

How do they define productivity? 

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

This is what I keep hearing. But every time I interact with someone working from home the service is total crap.

I think it will clearly depend on what business is involved whether home working works or not. It won't work for all businesses but that's no reason for those that it does work for to stop doing it.

Wight Flight
4 minutes ago, Errol said:

I think it will clearly depend on what business is involved whether home working works or not. It won't work for all businesses but that's no reason for those that it does work for to stop doing it.

Agreed. But I don't think some orgs are very good at assessing if it is working for them.

The prime example is any org where people are too scared to take any decision in isolation. Decisions are not being taken, and the org is starting to ossify.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

...ringing customer services (of a retail operation), whose staff is working from home, leads to waiting on the phone for an hour and three quarters to be connected (then getting cut off).  It was typically within five minutes pre covid... Same thing happened with Dyson yesterday...average wait time - 64 minutes..

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
7 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

...ringing customer services (of a retail operation), whose staff is working from home, leads to waiting on the phone for an hour and three quarters to be connected (then getting cut off).  It was typically within five minutes pre covid... Same thing happened with Dyson yesterday...average wait time - 64 minutes..

I am doing some design work for a few charities at the moment.

A week between proof and feedback is the new normal. A job that would have taken a few days is now a month at least.

PITA.

11 hours ago, spygirl said:

Without the Brits to travel in and do the wealth creating work, be it plumbers from Essex or bankers training in from Surrey

Those bankers have created so much 'wealth' that the government has to constantly throw money at their employers to stop them from collapsing.

3 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

A week between proof and feedback is the new normal. A job that would have taken a few days is now a month at least.

PITA.

what sort of design?

stop_the_craziness
3 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

PITA.

Are all the people you deal with working their full hours?  In the charity I work at we have some areas where everyone is just working their normal, full time hours from home and nothing has changed.  Or it's got better.  In other areas we have people on furlough, part-time furlough or just working shorter hours because of childcare issues.  Those areas are taking longer to turn stuff around because of people not being as quickly available, not because they are working from home as such.

5 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

Download this on your phone. http://www.weq4u.co.uk/

• Cheers 1

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Are all the people you deal with working their full hours?  In the charity I work at we have some areas where everyone is just working their normal, full time hours from home and nothing has changed.  Or it's got better.  In other areas we have people on furlough, part-time furlough or just working shorter hours because of childcare issues.  Those areas are taking longer to turn stuff around because of people not being as quickly available, not because they are working from home as such.

Hard to tell. They are mainly smaller charities, but one is quite large in Manchester.

I just get the impression that whereas they used to get the proofs, sit around a desk and make a decision, they now pass it round and round until someone has the balls to either make a comment or sign it off.

One charity has been sitting on a decision about changing two words for a week. It doesn't seem very efficient.

10 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

One charity has been sitting on a decision about changing two words for a week. It doesn't seem very efficient.

The Samaritans' proposed "Fuck Off" campaign is clearly causing some division internally.

• Lol 1

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, eight said:

The Samaritans' proposed "Fuck Off" campaign is clearly causing some division internally.

Yep. They still can't decide if they should have 'and die' on the end or not.

• Lol 3