DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

Roger_Mellie
59 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Our old friends the Sikhs in this case. 

The whole thing is hilarious. There's literally nowhere else it could have come from. The issue is obvious though (aside from the attitude of making it someone else's problem) - the extension has blocked access to the rear of the house. There's no way to get it out. 

• Agree 3

14 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

We have this argument all the time at my place.  I believe that if you are the manager of a technical team then you need to be, for want of a better phrase Chief Technician.  It's not possible to plan the resource of your team or distribute the work evenly and fairly if you don't know what each project involves or how long it takes.  None of the technical managers in any of the organisations where I have worked have had this knowledge or skill and it's really been obvious.  I would love to work for a technical boss who knows more than I do and could provide useful advice and input.  Or even just someone who knew what I did and how I did it would be nice.

That's my boss, it's telling that I've been here 15 years, while every other job I've had in IT has lasted 3 years max. He is the only boss I've ever had who knew more than I did (about the job in hand).

I'd say it's a slight difference in the sense that he is the owner of the company, I doubt you would find it that often out in the wild due to the fact that anybody really good will either not be put in those positions or wouldn't get the recognition and so move on quickly.

• Informative 1

48 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

The whole thing is hilarious. There's literally nowhere else it could have come from. The issue is obvious though (aside from the attitude of making it someone else's problem) - the extension has blocked access to the rear of the house. There's no way to get it out. 

Comments suggesting the larger buildings at the back had planning permission rejected, but built anyway. Can this be flagged up to the council in any way?

The fact that neighbours took the trouble to get in contact with that land owner implies that the Singh's weren't the most popular neighbours. Maybe 15 "tennants'" in that plot.

1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

extensions. Theres at least 4 or 5 there. Plus one end the end of the garden.

stop_the_craziness
33 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

I am trying to work out which plot is the true eyesore!

32095440-8639849-image-a-10_1597765747314.jpg.15af906cabdc20f8de9e498eab7dc9b3.jpg

Pretty much the whole of Hounslow is an eyesore now isn't it?

• Agree 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8628251/Ghost-town-Londons-5-7BILLION-black-hole-Taxpayers-face-bill-lost-fares-leave-TfL-3-5bn-short.html

Ghost town London's £5.7BILLION black hole: Taxpayers face huge bill as lost fares leave TfL £3.5bn short - and the capital's economy bleeds £575m a DAY putting GLA and councils £2bn in the red

• Total cost to the London's economy to date is estimated at £66.9bn in lost GDP
  • Lost fair revenue will leave TfL needing an estimated £3.5bn for the year 
  • London Councils have lost out on £1.4billion thanks to lost tax revenue 
  • London School of Economics expert Professor Ricardo Reiss expects recovery back to pre-pandemic levels could take as long as another year
  • Public transport use in the capital remains 36% below normal levels 

Extraordinary 5%  levy on London housign equity and £2 on tube and bus fares will clear it.

Cap housing benefit at £400/m and deny all public services to migrants.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8628251/Ghost-town-Londons-5-7BILLION-black-hole-Taxpayers-face-bill-lost-fares-leave-TfL-3-5bn-short.html

Ghost town London's £5.7BILLION black hole: Taxpayers face huge bill as lost fares leave TfL £3.5bn short - and the capital's economy bleeds £575m a DAY putting GLA and councils £2bn in the red

• Total cost to the London's economy to date is estimated at £66.9bn in lost GDP
  • Lost fair revenue will leave TfL needing an estimated £3.5bn for the year 
  • London Councils have lost out on £1.4billion thanks to lost tax revenue 
  • London School of Economics expert Professor Ricardo Reiss expects recovery back to pre-pandemic levels could take as long as another year
  • Public transport use in the capital remains 36% below normal levels 

Wow, nobody could have predicted this except everybody!

• Agree 3
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

Wight Flight
50 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Shouldn't it say lost fare revenue rather than fair revenue..?

XYY

Don't you bloody start...

• Lol 2

stop_the_craziness
7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I wouldn't normally, but that was a national newspaper other than the Guardian.

I naively expected better...

XYY

The Daily Mail regularly uses the wrong version of many basic words.  rein/reign/rain in their royal articles, fair/fayre/fare in articles about food or travel.  It makes me wonder if they are using some kind of dictation software or AI rather than keyboards.

• Informative 1

5 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

They make everywhere look like Calcutta where they came from

So said a second generation Indian friend of mine 40 years ago

Edited by Panther

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I thought Sikhs were the half-decent ones...?

Yes right. Indians are all Indians whatever. Some are more decent than others.

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

That has been my limited experience in the admittedly very white North-East.

I did work with a Hindu who was the most openly "racist" person that I've ever met. 

But as a Christian, I had to forgive the horrible cunt...

XYY

He was probably racist against other Hindus of the "wrong" caste.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Put all the tube trains in the shed, turn the lines off and let people cycle along the tracks. 

Rickshaws for the disabled and the UK will have landed on its feet.

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

True, but he also wanted to kill all Muslims. He was pretty obsessive over cleanliness, and when it was my turn to make the teas and coffees at bait time, he always said he'd make his own. Cheeky cunt...! 

The Sikh gadgie who still owes me a fiver was a popular and funny bloke where we worked - which is why I lent him the fiver, because I liked the guy - and it was not entirely his fault that I never got my coin back.

I do seems to meet both cunts and nice people wherever I may wander in life...

XYY

Life does tend to be like that.😁

• Agree 2

Don Coglione
11 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

That IS life as far as I am concerned.

Treat me nice, and I'll be nice back has always been my way of operating with people.

Laughter solves more problems than fists and guns can ever hope to achieve...

XYY

"Can I take over your country?"

(Chortle, chortle)

"Sure!"

What happened to the real XYY Man?

For anyone who believes the relativism that London has always been rough and mass immigration hasn't must changed it this is from an interview with John Wardle / Jah Wobble.  He was part of the early punk scene and was notorious for starting, and winning, fights.

When John Wardle has to flee from London it is finished.

After major success on Island Records in the 90s, why did you walk away, moving to Stockport and setting up your own label (4)?

Music was pouring out of me, but a major label could never keep up with that output. Also, I’m an archetypal East Ender, but I’d started seeing 50-strong gangs with machetes, girls being groomed. Eventually I was attacked and had a proper big fight with a gang, which moved into Sainsbury’s as I recall. My missus was pregnant and people said, “Just get out, John.” My in-laws were in the north. I knew they’d get the kettle on.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

Virgil Caine

City of London police this evening confirmed that the historic bridge remained closed to pedestrians and traffic after a mechanical fault left motorists stuck for over an hour.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12472951/london-tower-bridge-stuck-open-traffic-chaos/amp/

Presumably no one had the gumption to use London Bridge which is just upstream.

Anyway expect demands in the media tomorrow  for BJ to return from his holiday to sort out this fiasco etc etc etc

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 hour ago, Virgil Caine said:

Presumably no one had the gumption to use London Bridge which is just upstream.

I've been under the impression since I was a little person that it was falling down. 

• Lol 1