DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

1 minute ago, HolyCow said:

Angry EU

The five stages of grief are:
  • denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.
  • depression.
  • acceptance.

Still quite early in the process then.

• Lol 3

8 minutes ago, HolyCow said:

Dunno, unlikely.

The reality that low margin, routine transaction are not staying in London or moving to Dublin, Frankfurt, Paris, wherever.

They are moving onto automated systems.

The FinSec, as a source of high paid employment, is gone

13 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Angry EU

The five stages of grief are:
  • denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.
  • depression.
  • acceptance.

Still quite early in the process then.

The best way for the EU to destroy the UK economy would be to target high house prices and those who can afford them. Stealth tactics. 

• Agree 1

Austin Allegro
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Dunno, unlikely.

The reality that low margin, routine transaction are not staying in London or moving to Dublin, Frankfurt, Paris, wherever.

The FinSec, as a source of high paid employment, is gone

Things had been going that way for a while. There's a banker/investor type (Anton Kreil is his name) who goes round schools and colleges doing assemblies where he asks youngsters how much people make in the City of London. People say things like 'minimum one million a year' etc but he crunches the numbers and shows the average hourly rate is about £12 or something. Cue lots of disappointed looking 'entrepreneurs'.

Edited by Austin Allegro
  • Lol 1

34 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Things had been going that way for a while. There's a banker/investor type (Anton Kreil is his name) who goes round schools and colleges doing assemblies where he asks youngsters how much people make in the City of London. People say things like 'minimum one million a year' etc but he crunches the numbers and shows the average hourly rate is about £12 or something. Cue lots of disappointed looking 'entrepreneurs'.

Ive a few comments on various threads , here n TS, where I say the Finsec as a source for a alrge nubmer of well pyaing jobs is over. Kapput.

London/regional South is being hit hard - I know aof a fair few towns n cities where the finsec madeu p ~30% of the local private sector workforce. They are gone now.

Ditto Nothern Buildign societies towns - Halifax, bardford/Bingley etc - all gone.

Ditto scamming LifeCos - Poof!

All in ~10 years.

You cannot discount the rise of UK finsec from ~1984ish (just tbefore big bang) to 2008 (the real big bang) and Southern house prices.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

"Moving onto"? Surely they have been for years already?

When I use my payment card in the pub I doubt if a frock-coated bloke somewhere sitting at a high desk writes my transaction in a thick ledger with a quill pen.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

16 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

When I use my payment card in the pub I doubt if a frock-coated bloke somewhere sitting at a high desk writes my transaction in a thick ledger with a quill pen.

Technically, they could have moved 20 years ago.

However the management are heavily vested in the current warm bodies.

Just look how long various exchanges have moved from open outcry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_outcry

Transport bloke on the radio.

Reckons the fall in London commute traffic is pretty going to continue for the next few years.

However .... what he didnt say is that al the new trasnport scheme put all the cost on the user.

• Agree 1

On 15/09/2020 at 12:35, Funn3r said:

Gringotts?

• Lol 1

Talking about banks, Barclays have been laundering Putin's millions, and HSBC has been laundering for Ponzi scammers. I guess this is not as important as virus stuff.

On 15/09/2020 at 12:53, spygirl said:

Technically, they could have moved 20 years ago.

However the management are heavily vested in the current warm bodies.

Just look how long various exchanges have moved from open outcry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_outcry

I used to see the brightly coloured blazers of the LIFFE (pronounced life) traders around the Royal Exchange in the 1990s; it always looked a really cool job.

Open outcry ran from the start of LIFFE in 1982 until 2000.

On Friday 24 November 2000, at 5 pm, the last three of the once 26 open outcry pits were permanently closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_International_Financial_Futures_and_Options_Exchange

Traffic into/out of Clerkenwell was bad last week and I don't hold out much hope for Hackney tomorrow.  

I'm just not seeing where these falling traffic numbers are coming from.  I thought the roads would be half-full

• Informative 1

13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Traffic into/out of Clerkenwell was bad last week and I don't hold out much hope for Hackney tomorrow.  

I'm just not seeing where these falling traffic numbers are coming from.  I thought the roads would be half-full

More driving less on public transport could be your answer.

• Agree 2

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/sep/25/rising-number-of-londoners-looking-for-work-outside-capital-says-job-site

“Londoners are increasingly looking for jobs outside the capital as the city’s economy stalls, one of the UK’s largest recruitment sites has found, raising the prospect of a wave of “reverse commuters” or a continued exodus of residents.

Figures from Indeed, based on millions of job adverts and searches, show that on 18 September, the number of posts advertised in London was down by 55% on the same date in 2019.”

Reverse commuters ?  But does this work with the commuting costs and rents / mortgage costs relevant to property of London?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ash4781b said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/sep/25/rising-number-of-londoners-looking-for-work-outside-capital-says-job-site

“Londoners are increasingly looking for jobs outside the capital as the city’s economy stalls, one of the UK’s largest recruitment sites has found, raising the prospect of a wave of “reverse commuters” or a continued exodus of residents.

Figures from Indeed, based on millions of job adverts and searches, show that on 18 September, the number of posts advertised in London was down by 55% on the same date in 2019.”

Reverse commuters ?  But does this work with the commuting costs and rents / mortgage costs relevant to property of London?

I used to train it from Richmond to Bracknell. Took fucking ages. No way was I living anywhere near that shithole.

I'd point out that 50%+ of 'Londoners' are non British. Most dont/cant work.

• Lol 1

Austin Allegro
55 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I'd point out that 50%+ of 'Londoners' are non British. Most dont/cant work.

The 2021 census is going to be an eye-opener.

If I were a government official of the globalist persuasion, I might be tempted to use the Covids as an excuse to scrap it altogether to avoid certain figures coming to light.

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

The 2021 census is going to be an eye-opener.

If I were a government official of the globalist persuasion, I might be tempted to use the Covids as an excuse to scrap it altogether to avoid certain figures coming to light.

I thought they already had binned it off

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I think the next planned census was announced as the last. Wouldn’t be surprised if the virus is used to bin it off early.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

For the first time I can recall there is no attempt being made to actively confirm the electoral roll.

The wording this year was that if nothing has changed then you don't need to do anything; every other year a positive affirmation has been required which will be physically followed up, after a written reminder, if not received.

I also know because I have taken part in this for the last few years and it has been confirmed that it isn't happening this year.

Covid is the assumed if not stated reason, a lot of the non-returnees are elderly or frail so that does make sense, but it means that the electoral roll will be less accurate.

21 minutes ago, Errol said:

Piccadilly Circus - today. Lunchtime.

It looks virtually empty. You'd expect it to look like this at 6am in the morning, possibly.

Looks lovely like that.

Still don't want to go.

And what the fuck are the pickpockets doing these days?

• Agree 3