DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

Virgil Caine
27 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I've been under the impression since I was a little person that it was falling down. 

Apparently London Bridge is shut for maintenance which may explain why the Tower Bridge failure caused so many problems. 

Wight Flight
3 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

City of London police this evening confirmed that the historic bridge remained closed to pedestrians and traffic after a mechanical fault left motorists stuck for over an hour.

Maintenance team probably working from home.

• Lol 1

Off the BBC, that everyone seems to hate here, but basically repeats the same news as many others, without intrusive adverts.

Young people leaving London, and moving "back home" as their jobs disappear.

ashestoashes
4 hours ago, MrPin said:

Off the BBC, that everyone seems to hate here, but basically repeats the same news as many others, without intrusive adverts.

think the BBC are offing themselves

• Lol 1

Another news piece, another bit of regional South economy getting reamed.

As finsec contracts more n more, the previous high paying jobs, such as airyplabpnes contract, London/ SE is looking more n more like North fid in the early 80s recession.

Of course people hadn't committed to 15x earnings to buy a house then.

Fucked.

Edited by spygirl
  • Agree 1

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, spygirl said:

5x earnings

Is that all, I'm sure some hotshots are on 8x mortgages the same as the heady days of yore.

Yep, just checked, 5x is for average plebs, plus many 5.5x mortgages will be on both (if there are two).

Money for nothing and your chicks for free property devs.

1360485409_Screenshotfrom2020-08-2618-21-25.png.3ef59af564eeb8d1068737fa7baded6d.png

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Is that all, I'm sure some hotshots are on 8x mortgages the same as the heady days of yore.

Yep, just checked, 5x is for average plebs, plus many 5.5x mortgages will be on both (if there are two).

Money for nothing and your chicks for free property devs.

1360485409_Screenshotfrom2020-08-2618-21-25.png.3ef59af564eeb8d1068737fa7baded6d.png

Corrected.

Its 10x-15x

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Corrected.

Its 10x-15x

Shit, everyone always assumes there will be two wads coming in, yes in reality it is that bad.

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Corrected.

Its 10x-15x

They were given assuming that wages would rise and over time the average earnings to loan ratio would drop.

Hahahaha 😂

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

2 hours ago, onlyme said:

San Francisco, only 46% of businesses (shops) reopened apparently.

I hope they were the important ones like "head shops", and decorative candles.

• Agree 1

Austin Allegro
On 22/08/2020 at 18:29, Virgil Caine said:

City of London police this evening confirmed that the historic bridge remained closed to pedestrians and traffic after a mechanical fault left motorists stuck for over an hour.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12472951/london-tower-bridge-stuck-open-traffic-chaos/amp/

Presumably no one had the gumption to use London Bridge which is just upstream.

Anyway expect demands in the media tomorrow  for BJ to return from his holiday to sort out this fiasco etc etc etc

I didn't realise until I saw it on the news recently, that Hammersmith Bridge has been closed for over a year, basically because the council cannot afford to pay the cost of repair. That's the kind of thing that happens in places like Detroit or Caracas.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

Austin Allegro
On 24/08/2020 at 02:26, MrPin said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume by 'back home' the BBC means places like Kingston, Surrey, rather than Kingston, Jamaica.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I didn't realise until I saw it on the news recently, that Hammersmith Bridge has been closed for over a year, basically because the council cannot afford to pay the cost of repair. That's the kind of thing that happens in places like Detroit or Caracas.

Hammersmith Bridge is a prime example of a thing where the people benefiting from it (who live Kingston) not being the poor sods (Hammersmirth Council) who own it.

Edit - I thought the repair costs were £10m, it's actually £140m and there is zero chance you can make an economically viable argument to pay that.

Edited by eek
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume by 'back home' the BBC means places like Kingston, Surrey, rather than Kingston, Jamaica.

Yes, I think so. Back to the suburbs, as London has lost its flavour, like Lonnie Donnegan's chewing gum.

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass

Here we go, BBC now worried about our shit-hole, slave-box, debt riddled cities becoming ghost towns as yesterdays technology becomes obsolete.

CBI worried that those beacons of Industry, Dry Cleaners and Sandwich Shops and their migrant labour will go down the pan.

Pull the offices down or repurpose the buildings, the death of the overpriced sandwich and the paper cup coffee can't come soon enough as they are a sign of corporate enslavement of the masses.

1513538381_Screenshotfrom2020-08-2711-56-49.thumb.png.e23cc8e911b9f8213484fbbb26007434.png

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

17 hours ago, Option5 said:

They were given assuming that wages would rise and over time the average earnings to loan ratio would drop.

Hahahaha 😂

Which is odd, as neither of those have been the case for nigh on 25 years.

Funny how these urban myths persist.

Much like the one about there being a graduate pay premium. I think that dates back about the same time since it was true.

I wonder what happened about 20-25 years ago that fucked everyone over so much?

Hint, someone started a thread about it yesterday... 

Edited by Melchett
  • Agree 3

43 minutes ago, eek said:

Hammersmith Bridge is a prime example of a thing where the people benefiting from it (who live Kingston) not being the poor sods (Hammersmirth Council) who own it.

Edit - I thought the repair costs were £10m, it's actually £140m and there is zero chance you can make an economically viable argument to pay that.

Broadway near us is not a council road. It's a Highways agency road. So it's not the council who pay for the repairs on it.
What makes some roads not-local I don't know. 

4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Broadway near us is not a council road. It's a Highways agency road. So it's not the council who pay for the repairs on it.
What makes some roads not-local I don't know. 

Highways look after the main road network that goes though multiple counties (M5, A303 etc.) and the council is responsible for the rest except for private / unadopted roads.

• Agree 2