DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

Popuplights

Little anecdotal. My daughter has just started renting in Bow. In a new flat in a brand new block. The agent told her that her rent was 400 quid cheaper than pre covid. There are loads of new blocks going up all over the place, soon to be completed. the pressure on rent is now only going one way. 

• Informative 5
  • Cheers 2

On 09/07/2021 at 16:22, Chewing Grass said:

Crossrail - the Banana Republic runs out of Money to Fund its Largesse.

Completing the Project will exceed £19Bn

Sadiq Khan has a Black Hole, project run by Idiot's and built by Spiv's.

509732428_Screenshotfrom2021-07-0916-19-03.thumb.png.cb20c8da18350c764f5003650f2191ba.png

Combination of Covid and Xlondon could finish off large part of London.

Rather than putting London costs on the rest of the UK,Xrail is raising all its cost within London.

On 24/06/2021 at 10:09, spygirl said:

and if you take a common sense approach you can see that the problem of misinformation/complacency among minority ethnic groups is huge

Or perhaps they have still `got some balls`, can thinks for themselves, and have not become meek, rule following, `sheep` like the majority of the `new` London populus?

25 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Or perhaps they have still `got some balls`, can thinks for themselves, and have not become meek, rule following, `sheep` like the majority of the `new` London populus?

Have you talked to many of our new minorities?

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming its not 5am ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9843481/Deserted-Whitehall-Boris-Johnson-urged-push-return-office.html

46087315-9843481-image-a-18_162764166138

Which just goes to confirm my assumption that most of the people in central London are either public sector or tourists.

Move UKGOV to Stoke FFS.

Leave the expensive buildings for the tourists

• Agree 2

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Assuming its not 5am ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9843481/Deserted-Whitehall-Boris-Johnson-urged-push-return-office.html

46087315-9843481-image-a-18_162764166138

Which just goes to confirm my assumption that most of the people in central London are either public sector or tourists.

Move UKGOV to Stoke FFS.

Leave the expensive buildings for the tourists

Probably 5:45 to allow the sun to come up. There are tourists about and the people that sell them tat.

stop_the_craziness
56 minutes ago, Errol said:

This is why London won't truly recover. The Government doesn't understand that people hated offices and commuting.

I've already done the calculations in my mind to be prepared in case I am offered the option.  I would go 10% in a heartbeat, up to 15-20% if really pushed to the limit.

• Agree 5

Yadda yadda yadda
3 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I've already done the calculations in my mind to be prepared in case I am offered the option.  I would go 10% in a heartbeat, up to 15-20% if really pushed to the limit.

Why? The business is saving a fortune on running a desk for you. We should be paid more to work at home unless home working is less effective.

• Agree 1

Roger_Mellie
4 hours ago, Errol said:

This is why London won't truly recover. The Government doesn't understand that people hated offices and commuting.

This is nuts - the company is now employing you and using your premises, but people would accept being payed less! 

The question isn't how much paycut, but what's the minimum extra that should be required. 

• Agree 4

42 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

This is nuts - the company is now employing you and using your premises, but people would accept being payed less! 

The question isn't how much paycut, but what's the minimum extra that should be required. 

If you really can work from home then somebody else can do the same job from Bangalore.

They will cost a lot less than you -10%.

This is the horrible truth that some people are going to learn over the next few years.

• Agree 8

Snake Plissken

I worked for a couple of big London based financial companies who were systemically closing offices and going to hot desking with mandatory working from home, started 3 days a week then 2 days a week. Covid has just accelerated this and made companies who weren't doing it realise the potential big savings.

Off shoring to Bangalore is different, many have tried that - if it would work for everyone then they would do that but they've learnt the quality of work and communication challenges.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Snake Plissken said:

I worked for a couple of big London based financial companies who were systemically closing offices and going to hot desking with mandatory working from home, started 3 days a week then 2 days a week. Covid has just accelerated this and made companies who weren't doing it realise the potential big savings.

Off shoring to Bangalore is different, many have tried that - if it would work for everyone then they would do that but they've learnt the quality of work and communication challenges.

I use Bangalore as an example, it could just as easily be Grimsby, Scunthorpe or Hull.

The Generation Game
11 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

I use Bangalore as an example, it could just as easily be Grimsby, Scunthorpe or Hull.

Not even the Comet call centres in Hull were safe. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Roger_Mellie
25 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

If you really can work from home then somebody else can do the same job from Bangalore.

This is the horrible truth that some people are going to learn over the next few years.

Not always. They could employ people in Bangalore to do my job, but they wouldn't be very good at it. The bigger question is am I actually needed at all? 

The Generation Game
2 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Not always. They could employ people in Bangalore to do my job, but they wouldn't be very good at it. The bigger question is am I actually needed at all? 

It's when the business tricks you into automating your own job. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

And if course they are eight for the price of one...

1 hour ago, Bornagain said:

If that worked (and in the main it doesn't) they would have done it already.

Minimising office space in the UK where it is expensive and have people work from home takes any edge off offshoring further.

1 minute ago, ste said:

If that worked (and in the main it doesn't) they would have done it already.

Minimising office space in the UK where it is expensive and have people work from home takes any edge off offshoring further.

If a business really is global then this could well be the push that they need to give it a go.

Modern, woke wankers will not believe that a cheap Indian or eastern european is not as good as a Brit. To say that they are not is racist innit.

Time will tell.

Roger_Mellie
2 hours ago, Bornagain said:

And if course they are eight for the price of one...

I don't know if you need 8 people who do what I do, I'm not even sure you need one!

• Lol 1

stop_the_craziness
7 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Why? The business is saving a fortune on running a desk for you. We should be paid more to work at home unless home working is less effective.

I just see it as a quality of life issue, I'm not really interested in the money side of it from my perspective or from theirs.  I work for a charity so I only get paid about 60% of what I could earn in a commercial organisation for the same role so it hasn't been about money for me for quite a long time now.  I absolutely love my job and I love it even more now that I can do it from my sofa in heavenly peace and quiet in my pyjamas.  It is literally the life I've always dreamed of.

• Cheers 3

ninjaborrower

The reason house prices in norfolk and suffolk have gone through the roof over the last year is because cockneys cant stand living in the hellhole they themselves have created

They got so lazy they couldnt even be bothered to mow there own small lawns,they had to pay a immigrate to do it, and now want out

Fuck off

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
23 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I just see it as a quality of life issue, I'm not really interested in the money side of it from my perspective or from theirs.  I work for a charity so I only get paid about 60% of what I could earn in a commercial organisation for the same role so it hasn't been about money for me for quite a long time now.  I absolutely love my job and I love it even more now that I can do it from my sofa in heavenly peace and quiet in my pyjamas.  It is literally the life I've always dreamed of.

No disrespect but are you doing your job as well as you used to?

I work with about 60 charities and without exception the fundraising teams are absolutely shite this year.

• Agree 1

stop_the_craziness
13 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

No disrespect but are you doing your job as well as you used to?

I work with about 60 charities and without exception the fundraising teams are absolutely shite this year.

I'm doing it much better now I get to focus on what I'm actually paid to do rather than getting pulled into all sorts of other cobblers like I used to when I was in the office.

But in the words of Mandy Rice Davies, I would say that wouldn't I?

Edited to add:  I am not in the fundraising dept.  Ours are just as awful as everyone else's and always have been, regardless of whether they are in the office or at home.  They were one of the main reasons I could never get anything done when I sat near them.

Edited by stop_the_craziness
  • Informative 1

7 hours ago, Bornagain said:

But for how long will the offshoreing look attractive? No way would I deal with a business that used offshore call centers. I've had it wit BT and Talk Talk. Never again.

• Agree 2