DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, One percent said:

Daughters are looking for a new rental property in londonistan. Prices have suddenly gone mental and there is nothing decent to be had. 

I posted a while ago that a lot of EEs had left in my area, and a lot of BTL were empty. They have all sold now and strangely, everyone of them his having the full renovation works, new boiler, windows, doors etc.

Thought it was new BTL or OO, but I am starting to think the council has bought them. Not seen anyone looking like an owner around them, just builders.

• Informative 3

14 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I sometimes wonder what London you are all talking about. Sitting in front of my computer right now with a glass of ale, looking out over the leaves coming out on the trees. Was talking to neighbours in the street earlier and had my milk, eggs and butter delivered by the milk man this morning.

And how far from a cow are you?

Bobthebuilder
3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I am being completely honest here. about ten miles.

Sheep? less than a mile.

Edited by Bobthebuilder
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I posted a while ago that a lot of EEs had left in my area, and a lot of BTL were empty. They have all sold now and strangely, everyone of them his having the full renovation works, new boiler, windows, doors etc.

Thought it was new BTL or OO, but I am starting to think the council has bought them. Not seen anyone looking like an owner around them, just builders.

Banks, investment companies?  Heard  of that going on in the States? 

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

Ah central London then.

I have been living in London for over 20 years, Its nowhere near as bad as people make out.

You know, I find it funny that Londoners love the city and love the countryside. People from the country, love their local area, but all hate London.

Country mice, as we call them.

• Agree 2

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, onlyme said:

Banks, investment companies?  Heard  of that going on in the States? 

Fuck knows, but they are not messing about, full refurbishment.

Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

I have been living in London for over 20 years, Its nowhere near as bad as people make out.

You know, I find it funny that Londoners love the city and love the countryside. People from the country, love their local area, but all hate London.

Country mice, as we call them.

You should hear what they call you.

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

You should hear what they call you.

We all know everyone hates us, its a good starting point when we go on holiday to the shires. Doesn't matter which direction you head out of town, 50 miles and they all hate you.

Bobthebuilder
4 minutes ago, GoneDark said:

Please don't abandon us. What would you do without all of our excellent bankers.

The bankers all live in the shires.

• Informative 1

One percent
1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Keep an eye on who they move in. I have my suspicions 

• Agree 3

Bobthebuilder
13 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Pension pots taking the lump sum.

Something is not quite normal about the way the work is being done. Screams council to me, new everything, gas meters, full works from the ground up.

Wish I could afford to do all that to a Victorian terrace.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 5

32 minutes ago, GoneDark said:

Please don't abandon us. What would you do without all of our excellent bankers.

Is that who you think lives in London?

Edited by sarahbell

steppensheep
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Always on the lookout for an excuse to share my holiday snaps. 

Not London though. Newcastle. 

IMG_20211116_123158.jpg

• Agree 1

Bobthebuilder
16 minutes ago, GoneDark said:

Was a joke, obviously not a good one.

I think the whole lockdown, working from home, move to Bristol shit is coming to an end. You can buy a three bed Victorian terrace in many parts of London for a 3rd less than fucking Bournemouth.

Its over.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

One percent
6 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I think the whole lockdown, working from home, move to Bristol shit is coming to an end. You can buy a three bed Victorian terrace in many parts of London for a 3rd less than fucking Bournemouth.

Its over.

Met a couple from somewhere south of the river O.o who have moved up here practically sight unseen coz they (he i think, she pisses around thinking she is that crusty woman) can wfh. Wonder how that’s working now. 

• Agree 1