DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

Another new plan:

High street banks given 24 hours to rescue Silicon Valley Bank UK

Article is as imprecise as usual, but it suggests the 24-hour deadline is imposed by the insolvency process having been triggered, and that the board of SVB are approaching UK G-SIBs, with Rothschild lined up to handle a quick sale with BoE approval.

https://news.sky.com/story/high-street-banks-given-24-hours-to-rescue-silicon-valley-bank-uk-12831984#:~:text=Britain's biggest high street banks,it into an insolvency process

No comment on why those involved trusted the queer communist activist bank with their futures, no suggestion there should be any accountability for their decisions.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1

16 hours ago, Loki said:

No problem, the extra tax will pay for their benefits

You show all the prowess to be a Front Bencher...what would you like to start with, Secretary of State for Business and Industry, Minister of Employment, or Chancellor of the Exchequer? :-)

• Lol 2

Just now, MrXxxx said:

You show all the prowess to be a Front Bencher...what would you like to start with, Secretary of State for Business and Industry, Minister of Employment, or Chancellor of the Exchequer? :-)

Commissar for Climate Sexuality and Transgender Windmills

sadwindmill.jpg.0b662a435205bc9594dfbb50feb7ad26.jpg

Edited by Loki
  • Lol 11

Long time lurking
40 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I have to say, that's very impressive. But that account has an excellent track record on what's been happening, way ahead of anyone else, which makes me think he's some kind of insider.

I`m not sure about insider ,his account was in the black list in the twitter files released by Musk ,if he is he`s gone rouge 

When you consider just about every other account was a USA Republican biased account regarding the two party US system and it having a relatively small following (the growth you see in his following has only really taken off in the last two years or so) he`s been rocking some boats for sure and for a long time

Initially i think it was how he demolished the China is fucked propaganda ,by simply stating the facts of how their financial system works and to what benefit ,and to compare it to the wests and how the west is vulnerable to X dose not apply to China which is something most still don`t understand  

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Nice to get the debt deflation part now isnt it.Companies will need to issue equity instead of debt when there is no free cash.It will mean inflation is higher for longer as well as company formation will slow right down.

Does this then mean more companies will have stock re-issues, further diluting stock holdings via the negative effects of 'revision to mean' and 'inflation'?

59 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

The West have overplayed their hand by trying to control its Citizens using Covid and Climate change and other WEF policies which makes Putin look very benevolent towards his own Citizens.

The BRICS leaders look serious and Statesman-like whilst Western leaders look to be borderline retarded.

There is the quality of the driver and the quality of the car. Both matter, it's not an either/or.

Western 'drivers' may well be gibbering retards, but as it stands their cars (and the US's car in particular) have much more capacity, and are far more safe and reliable. In some areas there is only so much potential for that to change. I can see the RIC parts of BRICS eventually getting there, but imo Brazil is only ever going to be a pile of resources for others to plunder.

This new independent conception of BRICS is also totally untested vs literal centuries of resiliance and outperformance in the west. It'll take a lot of time and turbulence to change that. When the first black swan hits the BRICS, as it inevitably will, how will they respond? They can write as many policy papers and agreements as they like, it's the real-world tests (and responses) that will matter.

Edited by marceau
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

1 minute ago, marceau said:

Western 'drivers' may well be gibbering retards, but as it stands their cars (and the US's car in particular) have much more capacity, and are far more safe and reliable.

The repo man came and collected my Russian car in the middle of the night, because it was the wrong colour.  To some it was an inexpensive car, to me it was a sizable piece of my overall wealth

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

In reality there are very few true visionaries, maybe none at all, just a small handful of people who see what's happening just before the end point. And that can be enough, just to give an edge.

I include us in that group as we were seeing the BRICS rise long before almost all the "expert" class.

I think this is the strength of this thread...people 'float' opinions, others challenge them, and via these two the evolution of  the truth/real outcome becomes apparent.

• Agree 5

Wight Flight
3 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

I postulated this less than two weeks ago on here as an issue stopping early retirees back into the work place, and how changing it might help counteract the exodus:

https://www.professionalpensions.com/news/4077374/reports-chancellor-set-unveil-sharp-budget-rise-pension-allowances

...methinks we have a government spy on this thread!

He doesn't need to do that.

AFAIK the main problem is doctors who have to keep contributing to the fund even if it has reached the magic number.

just ditch the requirement for compulsory contributions.

• Informative 1

HousePriceMania
2 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

I don`t think it`s a simple as that ,IMOP this is a forced flight to safety in government debt which will have the effect you claim but it will simply exasperate the Inflation problems which they no longer control anyway ,that problem could get much much worse 

It`s a rock and a hard place for sure 

Its been a case for sometime of assets bubble collapse or hyperinflation followed by asset bubble collapse.

I'd prefer they went straight for the collapse but history shows humans will take the hyperinflation path.

DBs early 2024 collapse prediction could well come true, that's the only reason is not sell out my shares now, better to have 10% of something than 100% of nothing.

Best keep liquid and ahead of the sheeple.

Edited by HousePriceMania
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

The man in the street of no country wants or needs war

...but they are very easily led into such scenarios through [perceived/interpreted (fabricated?)] differences in religious ideologies or nationalism.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

The repo man came and collected my Russian car in the middle of the night, because it was the wrong colour.  To some it was an inexpensive car, to me it was a sizable piece of my overall wealth

It's all relative. There are no absolutes, no guarantees, just risk/reward.

I won't try too hard to stretch the analogy - russian 'cars' getting seized here, losing decades of investment and trust, American 'burger joints' get shut down there, pissing away decades of investment and trust. Spygirl is right regarding the backstabbing and cheating, these places have long been lower investment grade for a reason. Policy papers, international handshakes and signed agreements don't change this, only time and tests will.

• Agree 2

Long time lurking
3 minutes ago, marceau said:

This new independent conception of BRICS is also totally untested vs literal centuries of resiliance and outperformance in the west. It'll take a lot of time and turbulence to change that. When the first black swan hits the BRICS, as it inevitably will, how will they respond? They can write as many policy papers and agreements as they like, it's the real-world tests (and responses) that will matter.

That has been solely dependant on how the US/UK etc have controlled the likes of Brazil ,for sure others want a bite of that cherry but it`s the fact that, that cherry is being denied to the west over the likes of China etc 

Put simply the west is losing it`s grip on their hegemony over the rest of the world ,to understand how that MIGHT positively effect the Brazils of the world etc you have to first work out how China broke the west control model, which allowed it`s rapid growth,to me it looks very much like they are exporting that model via the BRICS alternative financial system ,this is what the western central banking cartel really fear  

Foe now we can only guess ,time will tell though 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Alifelessbinary
3 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

You have simply not been paying attention to whats been going on since late 2019/ 2020 if not much longer 

just look at the rush of middle eastern countries leaders flocking to Moscow around that time and have been doing so ever since just look at whats happening in the middle east as in peace is suddenly breaking out Iran Saudi ,Saudi Yemen Syria Turkey 

Those countries are organising while the west have been running round the world issuing ultimatums ,yet the very same countries have been welcoming China /Russia with open arms especially so African and South America which are due to meet regarding a South American currency 

Then you have the french having their arses handed to them on a plate all over Africa in the last 12 months 

As i have said many times will it succeed only time will tell to deny it`s happening is just ignorance 

SWIFT has been well and truly circumvented 

You clearly have been paying attention to the re-emergence of the BRICS point, however if you’re unable to say how we can make some money from this emergence then it has limited value.

While I agree that the owners of the commodities will do well, it is too simplistic to say they have full control to deliver on this promise. The US is largely unaffected as it already has access to nearly all the resources it requires.

If the new new BRICS banking system won’t accept dollars then no western/NATO country will have access, so we’ll be locked out of the opportunity anyway.

While I think the re-emergence of the BRICS paradigm is interesting in geopolitical terms, as it stands it has limited impact on my investment strategy.

Other than not being American I really don’t see Russia and China as being the great hope for those choosing to enter their orbit. Good to many African countries and the anti Chinese sentiment is high, yet many still remember colonial rule quite positively (Stockholm Syndrome).

• Agree 2

HousePriceMania
2 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

In reality there are very few true visionaries, maybe none at all, just a small handful of people who see what's happening just before the end point. And that can be enough, just to give an edge.

Have you seen this s before...ask enough People how many jelly beans are in a jar and cumulatively they'll give you the very close answer.

That's why it's good to get all the views on the economy and investments, you'll get a good approximation as to what's going to be right.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

1 minute ago, marceau said:

Spygirl is right regarding the backstabbing and cheating, these places have long been lower investment grade for a reason.

That's it though, I'm not saying they're great, I'm saying there is now no difference at all.  These "lower grade" places didn't steal my car, the "higher grade" with a supposed bedrock of a strong legal system and centuries of trust did

• Agree 6
  • Cheers 1

Long time lurking
1 minute ago, Alifelessbinary said:

You clearly have been paying attention to the re-emergence of the BRICS point, however if you’re unable to say how we can make some money from this emergence then it has limited value.

Behave will you, that`s your job not mine ,if you`re looking for a tipster go to William Hills 

• Lol 3

17 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

He doesn't need to do that.

AFAIK the main problem is doctors who have to keep contributing to the fund even if it has reached the magic number.

just ditch the requirement for compulsory contributions.

But how does this resolve the issue I covered previously?

6 minutes ago, Alifelessbinary said:

If the new new BRICS banking system won’t accept dollars then no western/NATO country will have access, so we’ll be locked out of the opportunity anyway.

If only there was a universal proxy substance....

goldpepe.jpg.32ba5e7a178e9eb241ce755c11be7e80.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 2
  • Lol 5

Long time lurking
3 minutes ago, Alifelessbinary said:

While I agree that the owners of the commodities will do well, it is too simplistic to say they have full control to deliver on this promise. The US is largely unaffected as it already has access to nearly all the resources it requires.

That is delusional tosh from Mr Zeeland's book 

What it has is the ability to make what it wants for sure ,enjoy your £6 k iPhone and £1 Nike trainers ,if you can`t work out what that means stay away from the bookies is my advice

You will soon hear the USA screaming about rare earth metals ,they are about to get a revers petrol dollar treatment 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, Noallegiance said:

This is the kind of diversity I can get behind

Screenshot_20230312-132600_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Well, looks as thought it's "Objective achieved" then...and the moral of the story?....never trust a woman and/or a lesbian with your money!

• Lol 1