DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

4 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Counterfeiters of US dollars were getting better and better at defeating security measures but ran into an obstacle when the fed introduced special paper containing special fibres. The fibre whatsis could not be faked. 

Unfortunately there was a small flaw in the fed plan. They used the same paper for all denominations. So the counterfeiters simply bought loads of real one dollar bills and minced them up to provide authentic paper for their fake 100 dollar bills :D

Found some fake $100 bills with 'cien dollares' written on them in Bolivia. Dumb fucks didn't even think that was strange.

• Bogged 1
  • Lol 4

29 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Counterfeiters of US dollars were getting better and better at defeating security measures but ran into an obstacle when the fed introduced special paper containing special fibres. The fibre whatsis could not be faked. 

Unfortunately there was a small flaw in the fed plan. They used the same paper for all denominations. So the counterfeiters simply bought loads of real one dollar bills and minced them up to provide authentic paper for their fake 100 dollar bills :D

Actually features as a plot point in the first Jack Reacher novel, although in that case they were bleaching them.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

8 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

I like DS Smith ,i sold them at £3.59,but started to buy back this week.They have too much debt like almost everybody,but are very well ran.They can take back and recycle all of their products and do take a very large percentage back.They should gain over time as the US and Europe onshore,more boxed there instead of in China.The industry has consolidated down nicely and although cyclical ,suits the cycle.I was going to start buying International Paper,but started back on DS Smith when they fell.UK stocks are suffering from the UK itself being a basket case,even though the companies we focus on make most of their money outside of the UK.

"I used to work for a cardboard box company, until it folded." - Eric Morecambe.

I've owned DS Smith in the past, top company, supply Amazon, etc. just my worry aside from the debt is how packaging companies struggle in a recession. Also their management may be a bit questionable as they cancelled final divi in 2020 despite still being profitable...

Still, the bennies brigade will continue to buy shite via HotUKDeals, so maybe there's some life yet.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2

Castlevania
12 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

What happened to BP's cut of Rosneft in the end? 

Still own it as far as I recall. Refusing to accept dividends.

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Still own it as far as I recall. Refusing to accept dividends.

Or, to underline the lunacy, "voluntarily donating some of the dividends to the Russian state, because [fill in logic here]."

• Agree 5

leonardratso

dont understand that telegraph article, how is his interest only mortgage on £1.4M cottage only paying interest on the remaining £415K of the loan? did i imisread it or miss something?

ah (415K * 1.86%)/12 = £643 ~ £645 a month, so its value is 1.4M but he bought it for 415K is that right?

Mind you 1.4M looks a bit kite flyying - which i suppose is apt for a cocained up whisky sloshing horse buggering airline pilot.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Agree 6
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Cattle Prod
On 23/06/2023 at 20:27, M S E Refugee said:

Is the HMRC running out of cash?

Screenshot_20230623-202433_Freetrade.jpg.45045c986bb9877f143f4e44c8dc8e27.jpg

Something weird is going on, I’m getting basically begging letters from them.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 5
  • Lol 4

M S E Refugee
28 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

I have heard a few people talking about buying extra National Insurance contributions for the state Pension.

The Government have extended the deadline to 2025, it makes you wonder if the Government are desperate for cash.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 2

3 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I have heard a few people talking about buying extra National Insurance contributions for the state Pension.

The Government have extended the deadline to 2025, it makes you wonder if the Government are desperate for cash.

This gets mentioned frequently in the world of contracting. I always say the same don't bother paying National Insurance and don't do the catch up your missing years 'opportunity' the revenue present from time to time. You will be worse off if you do is always my answer.

After a brief explanation they go fuck me cheers for that.

• Agree 4

M S E Refugee
1 minute ago, Bobthebuilder said:

They are desperate, its the only reason they have extended it, guarantee they will not pay out from it though, lying lizards snake oil salesman that they are,

They are lying to you.

I heard people at work talking about and thought exactly the same as you.

• Agree 2

ashestoashes
48 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

their staff seem to have downed tools

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

HMRC can't be that hard up. I worked a few extra days by mistake last tax tear and they had £72 out of me. That should have been a nice little bounce for them compared to previous years. 

• Lol 4
  • Cheers 3

King of Fools
15 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

HMRC can't be that hard up. I worked a few extra days by mistake last tax tear and they had £72 out of me. That should have been a nice little bounce for them compared to previous years. 

Ah come on mate. That will only buy a couple of lunches at Pret. Do better.

• Lol 2

THE SOUP DRAGON

Stopped contributing to the madness in 09/22. Am owed approx 1300 as PAYE rebate, From what info I can get through their website I have fuck all chance getting it back until 11/23 when they have completed their calculations. That's at least £130 quid lost to inflation while they sit on my money. 

Used to fill in a self assessment back in the day and to be fair things were sorted within a couple of months always within a tenner either way. They have removed that option now for most people, part of me suspects that a fair few people will be caught out paying incorrect amounts and then get hammered with fines up to seven years after the event. That's an unintended "windfall" for them due to incompetence and doing fuck all whist sitting in the garden. 

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1

Talking Monkey
1 hour ago, Plan-b said:

This gets mentioned frequently in the world of contracting. I always say the same don't bother paying National Insurance and don't do the catch up your missing years 'opportunity' the revenue present from time to time. You will be worse off if you do is always my answer.

After a brief explanation they go fuck me cheers for that.

I cant see them doing a state pension like todays 20 years from now. If it still exists it will be means tested I reckon. So in case it doesnt exist the prudent need a private pension, which ensures if it does exist they'll be means tested out of the state pension. Fuck Rishi Sunak and fuck the taxes he doesn't pay. 

• Agree 10

Cattle Prod
1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

their staff seem to have downed tools

Now that you say it, the letter sounded like it was written by a bot. 

Live shot of HMRC drone pen:

A5FF780D-68AF-43B8-885B-9220036987B3.gif.2f627ccb9e547227c31d412924c52605.gif

• Lol 6
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

i should be able to get close to what the average wage increase needs to be across all workers just to fund bennie increases.

I don't do numbers but I think I see where it's going

• Agree 4
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 2