DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

to me it seems the obvious/best solution, or am I missing something?

A recession is more politically palatable than stopping the great replacement - at least partly that will be because the wealthy already know exactly how to make money off a recession.

• Agree 7
  • Cheers 1

Red Debt Redemption
On 23/06/2023 at 09:46, M S E Refugee said:

When I'm in the works van driving round watching my Town turning to shit I'm becoming more convinced that I need to leave the UK.

Me and the Wife are hopefully going to be scouting out property in Poland this August.

Might get reduced house price if you wait until they join the war. Might get mobilised as well though.. :ph34r:

• Lol 1

M S E Refugee
51 minutes ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

Might get reduced house price if you wait until they join the war. Might get mobilised as well though.. :ph34r:

That's the only downside, although I could stay in the UK and get caught up in the Jihad.

Edited by M S E Refugee
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 5

Bobthebuilder
12 hours ago, Stuey said:

Just maybe you could learn from others too. 

Sounds like you want your opinion to be rated, without putting any effort in.

You should start your own thread, call it "Credit reflation and the deflation cycle to come" or something catchy like that.

• Lol 8

I'm coming round to the idea that we need to go old school

Get the mines open for a start 

And get some old school leisure pursuits going as well 

'Grotesquely dangerous' playground kids thought was 'class'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/nostalgia/grotesquely-dangerous-playground-kids-thought-27160389#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/merseysides-back-front-ski-slope-17597070

Toughen these snowflake kids up for the hard times ahead :D

Edited by lid
No rainbow flags on those turrets
  • Agree 5
  • Lol 6

1 hour ago, lid said:

I'm coming round to the idea that we need to go old school

Get the mines open for a start 

And get some old school leisure pursuits going as well 

'Grotesquely dangerous' playground kids thought was 'class'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/nostalgia/grotesquely-dangerous-playground-kids-thought-27160389#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/merseysides-back-front-ski-slope-17597070

Toughen these snowflake kids up for the hard times ahead :D

Yes let them scavenge for scraps look at us at work scavenging for food it’s shocking that we’ve sunk so low .might take some home yet .

1160749C-6317-4055-A78C-5AB992C2DFF9.jpeg

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 4

7 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

If that’s UK natural gas, you’ll notice it’s settling at 2x the recent 5 year average, after the warmest winter in 40 years. Oil is settling above what the government calls a windfall level. This is just an oscillation in a long term secular trend of higher energy prices, which will drive a secular inflation.

A market crash or recession will be a blip in this trend.

Erm.

Just some evidence of the price collapse - sorry for the two screenshots as the window wouldn't shrink to fit.

Screenshot_20230626-051319.png

Screenshot_20230626-051338.png

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

At last the truth is coming out. But I would say low interest/printing from the banking crash not just from lockdown.

Free to read.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/06/26/britain-inflation-crisis-blame-covid-bailouts-bank-england/

Notice the date he mentions 27,pretty close to where we predicted the cycle would end (28) back when inflation was a twinkle in Baileys eye.

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 3

geordie_lurch
47 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

The huge worry i have is that everything is going as planned,but by now i expected government to of being diverting fiscal spending from consumption in bennies etc to production,but they have dont nothing.Imagine the fact the state is so big now that we were heading for a disaster even if the private sector could grow at trend.In most reflation cycles we would be at the point where companies were starting to invest to capture the inflation.Instead,due to tax,nobody wanting to work ,government regulation etc they are not bothering.

Yep and this is the only sort of ridiculous projects & investments we ever hear about - unrealistic stuff to hit net zero targets that will make everyone poorer where the companies being asked to invest are quite rightfully stalling due to not knowing which taxes or regulations will change next :Old:

"The exact shape of the future system is unclear. But the direction of travel is the “electrification” of the economy using clean energy, with wind turbines, electric cars and heat pumps taking the place of coal-fired power stations, petrol cars and gas boilers. This could require more than 460,000km of new onshore electricity cables by 2050, transporting up to 200 per cent more power from far more diverse and complex sources, according to the top end of industry and government projections. The onshore network alone could require total investment of as much as £350bn by 2050, the government has said. “It’s mind-boggling,” says Sir John Armitt, chair of the UK’s National Infrastructure Commission, of the scale and pace of the new infrastructure required. “These are big challenges.”

Full non paywalled FT article: https://archive.is/T45XI

Edited by geordie_lurch
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 5
  • Lol 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Yep and this is the only sort of ridiculous projects & investments we ever hear about - unrealistic net zero targets that will make everyone poorer :Old:

"The exact shape of the future system is unclear. But the direction of travel is the “electrification” of the economy using clean energy, with wind turbines, electric cars and heat pumps taking the place of coal-fired power stations, petrol cars and gas boilers. This could require more than 460,000km of new onshore electricity cables by 2050, transporting up to 200 per cent more power from far more diverse and complex sources, according to the top end of industry and government projections. The onshore network alone could require total investment of as much as £350bn by 2050, the government has said. “It’s mind-boggling,” says Sir John Armitt, chair of the UK’s National Infrastructure Commission, of the scale and pace of the new infrastructure required. “These are big challenges.”

Obviously not happening. We will still be using gas and oil in 2050.

• Agree 10
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, One percent said:

Has that bloke eaten all the banks?  Is that the problem?

Don’t be childish he has caught a dose of inflation 

• Lol 6

56 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Notice the date he mentions 27,pretty close to where we predicted the cycle would end (28) back when inflation was a twinkle in Baileys eye.

I’m going to need a lot more babywipes  if interest rates are going to stay high for another 4 years .

• Lol 7

One percent
30 minutes ago, Errol said:

Obviously not happening. We will still be using gas and oil in 2050.

Nope, you will be eating dust, huddled around a candle for warmth. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

jamtomorrow
53 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Yep and this is the only sort of ridiculous projects & investments we ever hear about - unrealistic stuff to hit net zero targets that will make everyone poorer where the companies being asked to invest are quite rightfully stalling due to not knowing which taxes or regulations will change next :Old:

That tells me very little - the scale of civilisational infrastructure is always mind-boggling. The answer is always "It's a lot of stuff" - yeah, no shit.

Break that 460,000km down over the population, it works out less than a yard of cable per household per year up to 2050. This in a country where the middle classes are still habitually whazzing thousands per household per year on mindless discretionary spend.

It's not unrealistic or unachievable, just unrealistic and unachievable in a country that can't divert a fraction of its consumption into capital formation.

• Agree 9
  • Cheers 2