DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

11 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Panto season in the US coming early this year.

I've overbought popcorn. Never mind. bring it on. I'm personally looking forward to the 11th May. My understanding is  that the BoE will increase interest rates. 

• Agree 1

sancho panza
7 hours ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

A few none basement more normie investing YouTube channels I watch occasionally have been big on buying Reits over the past few months....:ph34r:

I was talking with a frined today with a trading background and he was saying how it lawyas surprised him hwo teh dip buyers come out and btfd,even when it's obvious that the industry is in serious turmoil.

I was one of them once.Scottish Play.Prime example.You get value trapped in and then lose for years.

• Agree 6

Froggy2000
10 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

Dunno they seem to be doubling down leaving us at the mercy of imports. The worry one for me is food production. They already talking about co2 impact. Maybe shut down loads of food production (turn into houses?) then be at mercy of just in time imports and global markets. As the likes of Tesco run the supply chain just end up then shrugging shoulders sorry no xyz food ?

Food production has already been hit hard by rules on pesticides, cost of fertiliser etc. Add in rewilding, more farmland built on for houses, renewables etc. Someone else further up the thread posted a clip from a farmer discussing finances and planting decisions. I can see a lot of farmers deciding not to plant anything and just let the land rest/collect subisidies since its not worth the financial risk at current prices. So soon we could have low supply in a market with inelastic supply and food prices explode soon after.

On the other we have all the freaks pushing a vegan diet. I would say perhaps this is all a grand conspiracy but as others have pointed out they are far too stupid for that.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 3

8 hours ago, belfastchild said:

Yeah, before my boat sank my friend had a lot of silver they bought with no VAT. Switched to buying brits and paying a premium so they could avoid CGT in future. Rishi sorted that out though.
Probably just sell in the countries they bought from, with the odd set posted to atkinsons or dropped into chards.

What did he do?

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

Australian Labor gvt just announced massive crackdown on Vapes, especially the unregulated ones.  The newspapers are saying it will hit big tobacco and small importers.

Me, I just see more profit for BAT as large companies can work with regulations, small players can't afford the overheads to get it right.

Also the Aussie rba doing a surprise quarter point rate hike…hinting at more to come..

• Informative 3
  • Cheers 1

DurhamBorn
3 hours ago, wherebee said:

Australian Labor gvt just announced massive crackdown on Vapes, especially the unregulated ones.  The newspapers are saying it will hit big tobacco and small importers.

Me, I just see more profit for BAT as large companies can work with regulations, small players can't afford the overheads to get it right.

Big baccy will push for legislation behind the scenes to kill off the small guys like you say.Its how they have always operated.Thats why a few companies who only put together paper,filter and baccy make tens of billions profit.

Edited by DurhamBorn
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 5
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 1

belfastchild
5 hours ago, Harley said:

What did he do?

Dropped CGT allowance so the plan of dropping up to 10k of non-cgt silver first before touching the cgt free stuff was kicked into touch when he is dropping it to 3k.
Roughly a 3:1 ratio of non-cgt to cgt exempt before the boat accident. Hit a limit for silver then started collecting sovereigns.
Of course the CGT thing only applies in the UK. Trains to Dublin and booze cruises from Holyhead may become very popular in the future.

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

M S E Refugee
8 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Dropped CGT allowance so the plan of dropping up to 10k of non-cgt silver first before touching the cgt free stuff was kicked into touch when he is dropping it to 3k.
Roughly a 3:1 ratio of non-cgt to cgt exempt before the boat accident. Hit a limit for silver then started collecting sovereigns.
Of course the CGT thing only applies in the UK. Trains to Dublin and booze cruises from Holyhead may become very popular in the future.

If you use the Gold/Silver ratio you wouldn't necessarily be booking large profits on Silver.

Just slowly sell it down and buy Sovereigns or put the profits in an ISA.

I sold a fair bit over the weekend for a profit of around £550, however most of that Silver was bought when the ratio was around 90 or above, I didn't make a vast profit but I was able to buy a bit more Gold as the ratio is under 80.

Once the ratio gets under 50, I doubt selling 50 ounces of Silver to buy and ounce of Gold will show much of a paper profit for CGT purposes.

I rarely buy CGT exempt Silver as it's only useful if we have total moonshot, VAT and massive premiums make it unattractive.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 8

1 hour ago, belfastchild said:

the plan of dropping up to 10k of non-cgt silver first before touching the cgt free stuff was kicked into touch when he is dropping it to 3k

That was exactly my plan too. I bought maple leafs

• Lol 1

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

This is all what im most scared of when i look at the roadmap.Iv got it at 54% direct takers now,thats simply taking almost all income from the state,its even worse if you include those and ones who gets some income from the state etc.My roadmap shows the takers speed up once it gets to this point,then slows at around 60%,but at the levels we are already where collapse is 100% certain,the only difference is when.It seems the polos are simply going for the way that takes the longest,and thats the one where they take all assets.The reason is the inflation route through QE is closed mostly due to said inflation.The general tax route will be expanded and fiscal drag will be used to take assets.

Whats causing most of the pain and our destruction here is the fact the ones making policy and the civil service etc are all inflation protected,they suffer nothing from higher prices.So you have leftie civil servants with massive inflation linked pensions who think i must leave me kids a low carbon world.Its a death spiral.They will of course double the pain on workers as they will sub the bennies as the energy bills keep increasing.

The Tories and Labour are now direct enemies of ordinary workers and savers outside of that inflation protection.

Under the surface the UK now has the same conditions as were there that started the American Civil War.

They may be inflation protected, but they aren't tax exempt. Inflation will see them losing increasingly large real-terms chunks of their newfound wealth to HMRC. I doubt that'll be enough to make them change course though - all that matters to these retards is that numbers go UP. 

Edited by marceau
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1