DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Systemic Collapse Watch - First Signs

Chewing Grass

6 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

I like Grass-fed butter, Lidl doesn’t do any, but I get KerryGold when in one of the larger supermarkets, got better health benefits too.

https://www.scienceofcooking.com/science-of-grass-fed-butter.html

AFAIK all the lidl ni stuff is grass fed - well pretty much all milk/butter sourced here in NI is grass fed. One of the issues with the NI protocol is it showed up the places (m&s, sainsbury etc) who didnt have local supply chains.

I wasnt kidding when I talked about smuggling butter, eggs, milk into GB ;-)

Bobthebuilder
19 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

I like Grass-fed butter, Lidl doesn’t do any, but I get KerryGold when in one of the larger supermarkets, got better health benefits too.

https://www.scienceofcooking.com/science-of-grass-fed-butter.html

I once cooked a grass fed, roast beef joint for a family do, everyone complained that it tasted like silage. Bloody heathens.

• Lol 2

spam is starting to build up in my main email account, i noticed this before when times were hard/recessionary, theres been very little for years but noticed a lot of it last few weeks. Its mainly fake offers of shit rather than the nigerian princes wanting to move millions of dollars through my bank account.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

10 hours ago, wherebee said:

Posted this in the memes thread, but then found this comment on the forum it was on which I think is relevant to this thread...

btij.jpeg

bridge.png

Does that include a cold water payment?!  And I have a dry suit to sell as I'm done with all that (*).  I'll keep the thermals though as I have another need....!

* unless we go full NBC!

Edited by Harley

Chewing Grass
10 hours ago, wherebee said:

Posted this in the memes thread, but then found this comment on the forum it was on which I think is relevant to this thread...

btij.jpeg

bridge.png

The telling thing is paint, they stopped rivetting bridges together after WW2 roughly and painting was routine maintenance.

You never saw rusty rail/road bridges prior to the 1980s and British Rail ones were always a glossy black.

If there is no paint there is no maintenance.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...
Noallegiance

The only time I'm unfortunate enough to watch broadcast TV is because the kids like Catchphrase. 

Blimey. TV for the lobotomised.

Anyway. 4 ad breaks. Only two ads were for a product. Every other ad aside from those two (as in two across the whole hour, not two per ad break) was for other ITV programmes.

I'd love it if ITV went to the wall. Brain dead shit.

• Agree 3

belfastchild
37 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Anyway. 4 ad breaks.

I tried to watch a 'free' movie on Rakuten TV last week.
ad break every 14 minutes, us style, same 4 fucking ads over and over again.
Every free movie seemed to run to around 2.5-3 hours.

Fuck that.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...
Chewing Grass

Fuck-me, been up the M6 and down the A49 and I can honestly say I have never been up a worse stretch of Motorway or as badly neglected A-Road. I am familiar with both but the state of disrepair after what was a mild winter is literally three times worse than I have ever seen it. The motorway is literally rutted and crumbling.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

48 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Fuck-me, been up the M6 and down the A49 and I can honestly say I have never been up a worse stretch of Motorway or as badly neglected A-Road. I am familiar with both but the state of disrepair after what was a mild winter is literally three times worse than I have ever seen it. The motorway is literally rutted and crumbling.

Same for A38. 

• Agree 1

Gave up trying to drive, have been riding the bike to work.

Now I get a decent look at some of the potholes, in a five mile stretch I see around a dozen that are right down thru the tarmac into the hardcore. 

The bins are still being collected, there's a lot of random old household items being dumped on the pavement tho. There's a fridge freezer laying on the pavement and a couple of cars dumped down my road, been there a while now. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

I’ve never seen the roads so bad. If I get time I will post some pics of some around here. The repairs are quite something.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Calcutta said:

Now I get a decent look at some of the potholes, in a five mile stretch I see around a dozen that are right down thru the tarmac into the hardcore.

SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS; THE AGE OF THE CAR IS OVER? | image tagged in so what you're saying is | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

@F150

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Informative 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 7
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Fucking right. The cunt is getting scrapped today. 

Fitted an extended handlebar stem to the bike so I can roll around without exciting my old neck injury, was going to put a light with a camera on the back but I got confused by the stupid strap thing they gave me to fit it so fucked that idea off.

There are benefits to driving, but none of them outweigh the joy of being able to pour a load of Ballycastle in my morning coffee.

@F150@THE MAJORMAJORMAJORMAJORMAJORMAJORMAJORMAJ

Fuck me tagging names gets complicated. Anyway. He might be nuts, might be larping, might be on 130k sat in Birmingham Alabama shaking his fist at the traffic. Either way, the man knows his motoring.

• Cheers 1

PatronizingGit
13 hours ago, Calcutta said:

The bins are still being collected, there's a lot of random old household items being dumped on the pavement tho. There's a fridge freezer laying on the pavement and a couple of cars dumped down my road, been there a while now. 

I'm beginning to think they are not potholes at all, but the latest entry route for inbred cave folk to enter from Afghanistan - burrowing their way in, exiting through our notoriously delicate and shoddy roads.

• Lol 1

18 hours ago, Calcutta said:

Good, good, my plans are working

\

image.png.86846a3dfd725bedfe2def0d1472141c.png

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Good, good, my plans are working

\

image.png.86846a3dfd725bedfe2def0d1472141c.png

Of this is the cunt who painted the speed camera piggy box grey then yeah, his fucking plan worked a treat. First rule of gambling, don't play games you can't win.

Caravan Monster

My anecdotal is trying to buy a not especially well known (Triton) power tool. Worked through their dealer list for lowest price and availability. Don't know how long since the list was last updated but something like 70% of the retailers no longer had a website up.

• Informative 4

Austin Allegro
On 06/03/2023 at 17:03, belfastchild said:

I tried to watch a 'free' movie on Rakuten TV last week.
ad break every 14 minutes, us style, same 4 fucking ads over and over again.
Every free movie seemed to run to around 2.5-3 hours.

Fuck that.

I mainly just watch stuff on Youtube nowadays. You get quite a lot of ads but these can be blocked on the laptop. (I'm not sure how to do it on the smart TV though). Anyway it doesn't matter too much as you can click through them quite quickly and the kind of stuff I watch (old films from the 40s/50s/60s) don't seem to attract many ads anyway.

belfastchild
4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

You get quite a lot of ads but these can be blocked on the laptop. (I'm not sure how to do it on the smart TV though).

I havent worked it out either, even using the browser I cant get an ad blocker in there. Other than use the laptop to cast to the TV screen via wifi or use the hdmi output from the laptop (have a 10m hdmi cable).

Austin Allegro
3 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

I havent worked it out either, even using the browser I cant get an ad blocker in there. Other than use the laptop to cast to the TV screen via wifi or use the hdmi output from the laptop (have a 10m hdmi cable).

My guess is the smart-tvs don't allow it or it's very difficult to get round the ban (same as when they stopped video manufacturers from using technology that enabled recording to stop automatically during ad breaks).

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

My guess is the smart-tvs don't allow it or it's very difficult to get round the ban (same as when they stopped video manufacturers from using technology that enabled recording to stop automatically during ad breaks).

Android box running newpipe does the trick. No need for an ad blocker, there are no ads.

honkydonkey

Buy YT premium with an Indian VPN, it's about 1.30 a month.

Or get a firestick and you can likely installed youtube revanced which blocks it all automatically.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...
Caravan Monster

Another anecdotal. I use local advertising for my small business, so the phone number gets scraped by whoever makes the lists for the cold call centres. Over the past few years, the calls have dwindled to virtually nothing, but they've started again with a vengeance (including the fucking autodialers that were supposed to have been outlawed :PissedOff: )  in the past few weeks. The products are all scammy like fake advertising, mobile contract offers and pretend website builders. Not sure what this says about the economy. Pretty sure the calls are coming from a variety of sources, different mobile numbers and landlines all over the country.

• Informative 2
  • Bogged 1