DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

4 hours ago, Errol said:

People are WFH because it's much nicer and saves loads of time and money. Nothing to do with Covid for most people.

I was on the phone trying to sort out some UK government stuff last week. They are working far more slowly than they should be because of the excuse Covid is giving them. Paper work much longer to process because of working from home and covid. Their own words. I rolled my eyes. The poor souls plagued by covid. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...
The Masked Tulip
1 hour ago, Soft lad said:

Are they going to invite them to stay in their homes and teach them how to make avocado dip?

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Office workers embrace hybrid working as post-pandemic norm

People across the world’s largest economies have not gone back to pre-Covid commuting patterns, data shows

https://www.ft.com/content/91899837-0fc7-4fe8-9581-60517d85399b

By mid-October trips to workplaces in the world’s seven largest economies were still well below their levels before the coronavirus took hold in early 2020, according to a Financial Times analysis of phone-tracking movements published by Google.

In Japan, footfall was 7 per cent below pre-pandemic levels while in the UK it was down 24 per cent. Across major advanced economies office trips are more popular on the middle days of the week, while Monday and Friday tend to show large drops in attendance.

• Informative 1

Jazztraveller
34 minutes ago, spygirl said:

early 2020, according to a Financial Times analysis of phone-tracking movements published by Google.

It was so nice of them to ask..  O.o

• Agree 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Vomit 1

• 4 weeks later...
Austin Allegro
On 23/10/2022 at 07:53, Jazztraveller said:

It was so nice of them to ask..  O.o

'If you've got nothing to hide....'

Mrs A and I are on the same page with most things conspiratorial, but she thinks it is an over-reaction by me to dislike Google, Alexa etc. 'Why on earth would they be interested in what you're doing?' she says.

I have to remind her it's not about me personally, it's about the normalisation of surveillance, which when it is sufficiently advanced, will be used to restrict freedoms. We have already seen this with the attempt at getting digital IDs on smart phones during the Covid response. It was only possible because the smartphone had already been normalised.

• Agree 5

15 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

'If you've got nothing to hide....'

Mrs A and I are on the same page with most things conspiratorial, but she thinks it is an over-reaction by me to dislike Google, Alexa etc. 'Why on earth would they be interested in what you're doing?' she says.

I have to remind her it's not about me personally, it's about the normalisation of surveillance, which when it is sufficiently advanced, will be used to restrict freedoms. We have already seen this with the attempt at getting digital IDs on smart phones during the Covid response. It was only possible because the smartphone had already been normalised.

I never, ever would have said this but with the sheer number of illegals here, I would welcome an ID card.  Maybe that’s what the establishment wants. Dunno. 

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

An ID card does nothing about illegals unless you have a system to deport.

And the UK does not.

So the ID card will only be useful to fuck YOUR life up.

As I suspected.   o.O

4 hours ago, One percent said:

I never, ever would have said this but with the sheer number of illegals here, I would welcome an ID card.  Maybe that’s what the establishment wants. Dunno. 

Yes because France and Germany for example don't have any illegal migrants. 🤦

• Agree 1

Office space taken out of use mainly London financial District.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-11452335/UK-office-space-plummets-hybrid-working-refurbishment-boom.html

I was thinking about this, if offices/shops close then the council's business tax disappears. Will Council's come after the housing sector? How about charging home workers and businesses registered at private addresses, a business rate tax. 

• Informative 1

13 hours ago, wherebee said:

And the UK does not.

Indeed, the law only applied to the law-abiding.

The government can make anything against the law but the criminals will ignore the law unless there is a very real and obvious chance of being caught and heavily punished - there is almost never a chance of that so they keep doing as they please.

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2020 at 08:32, spygirl said:

https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/renting/london-renters-expected-to-increase-by-122-per-cent-in-next-decade-a135796.html

Private renters now account for 30 per cent of all households in London, which equates roughly to 2.7 million tenants, according to a new study by CBRE.

These are the  above board, official rentals i.e. not beds in sheds. The actual number of private rents is probably 20-30% higher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London

At the 2011 census, London had a population of 8,173,941. Of this number 44.9% were White British. 37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe.[2]

Thats the 2011 census. The foreign  population is much larger today.

n London, 40.6% of the population was born overseas, up from 36.7% in 2011.

Londons far far higher spend on public services and transport needs to end.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

n London, 40.6% of the population was born overseas, up from 36.7% in 2011.

Londons far far higher spend on public services and transport needs to end.

Weirdly though, my morning commute into central londonistan, it was probably around 95 percent white.  I wonder what they are all doing all day.  

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

15 minutes ago, One percent said:

Weirdly though, my morning commute into central londonistan, it was probably around 95 percent white.  I wonder what they are all doing all day.  

Yeah. Gets cold and poof all the subcontinentals n Africans supposedly doing the jobs are no show.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Yeah. Gets cold and poof all the subcontinentals n Africans supposedly doing the jobs are no show.

I’m not sure they would even be employed in responsible jobs in central london in the first place. 

4 hours ago, One percent said:

I saw this in London whenever I was there for business.  Before 0700, ethnics (cleaners) and eastern european laborers).  0700-0900, whites going to work, alongside some Indians/Asians.  After 0900, the multicult wake up.

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1

On 22/11/2022 at 05:11, wherebee said:

And the UK does not.

Living in a place with an ID card i actually like it. The fact its needed for certain interactions with the state gives assurance that illegals will find life very inconvenient. They still exist, but huge detterant. In what way will it be used to fuck your life up?

16 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Did you sleep through 2020-2022?  Here in Australia the government rolled out an app which was linked to your gvt ID - medical, taxation, etc - without which you could not go into shops, sit down for a coffee, go into doctors, and a thousand more things which in non-fascist society should be a given.  They used the data to track who was where at what time.  The police have already used it unlawfully in other investigations in two states that we know of.

Because there was no national ID card, they couldn't police everything and I found a way round the edges in many cases.  With a national ID card, it would have been nigh impossible.

It's been dropped now, but it shows that with a flick of a pen the government will crush you with whatever tools they can.  Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

For me (pre covid) it was always a sensible way to manage access to state resources. I also don’t think its a problem if it helps solve crime. BUT, and its a big but, i do agree many states cannot be trusted to use the data honestly. The freedoms mantra tends to make it a bit of a curates egg politically