DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

stop_the_craziness
4 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Ain't that the truth. 

Latest one at our place is the menopause. There was actually a meeting put in to discuss the impact of the menopause on women's careers

Has anyone ever thought that most people just want to go to work, do their job, have a laugh and NOT talk about bodily functions. 

I suggested to my mate that when they start talking about lactation we should ask for practical demonstrations. 

I do think it's a reflection of an increasing numbers of women in leadership. Women want to talk about everything. 

We have a "virtual menopause cafe safe space"  on Microsoft Teams

Needless to say I have not felt the need to attend.

• Lol 7

1 minute ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Needless to say I have not felt the need to attend.

Stuff to do with getting older, is nothing to worry about. Life changes. We all observe this.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I’ll have to set up a safe space for men ravaged by the incurable disease of Male pattern baldness.

I did also mention that, Where's the support group to talk about the impact of male pattern baldness on men's careers? 

Maybe one for How does BTL end? thread...

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/buytolet/article-8910379/Rents-London-drop-landlords-feel-coronavirus-squeeze.html

Its very to get good data on rents.

Rental yields are nothing more than made up bollocks as they dont account for voids.

Now, bearing in mind most Lodnon/SE rentals gross yields have been under4% for ~10 years, the rental market has  been betting the farm on propedee gainzzz!

AFAICT tell London house prices have been falling for 5-6 years.

I cant imagine the fall out from Covid will be kind to London.

Combine that with bennies reductions and kicking out low paid - and esp no paid - migrants.

Poof.

• Agree 2

On 16/12/2020 at 17:24, stop_the_craziness said:

Recent events at my workplace have hammered this home to me like never before.  I'd go even further and say that they seem to actively prefer people who are less good at their job, but more into the other stuff.   

Take this as a warning sign. You are working for the wrong company. They may fail because of having bad priorities. They may be too big / government supported to fail, but they will still sap your soul.

Not a day goes by that I am not glad to have put all that shit behind me. It got to the stage where the female, pro-EU, left-wing secretary used to complain to me (a safe ear) about how much "gender" training we were encouraged to take. I wish I'd had the balls to attend one of the courses and ask "what is a woman?" I left before "encouraged" became "mandatory" and "unconscious bias training" (now shown to make racism worse!) got added to the mix.

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1

Austin Allegro
On 17/12/2020 at 11:48, Roger_Mellie said:

Ain't that the truth. 

Latest one at our place is the menopause. There was actually a meeting put in to discuss the impact of the menopause on women's careers

Has anyone ever thought that most people just want to go to work, do their job, have a laugh and NOT talk about bodily functions. 

I suggested to my mate that when they start talking about lactation we should ask for practical demonstrations. 

I do think it's a reflection of an increasing numbers of women in leadership. Women want to talk about everything. 

That, and also the sharp decline in the amount of actual work required. Eg, the amount of clerical work has plummetted since the advent of computers and the internet. Organisations and individuals have had to therefore create things to do in order to justify their relevance. A lot of this involves interaction with pointless campaigning groups and charities, which results in a feedback loop of political correctness and virtue signalling.

Eg an office assistant in the 90s did things like data entry, form filling, filing, sending out letters, reading post, printing out memos etc. Now nearly all of that is defunct, so they spend their time tweeting about the latest injustices towards the LGBQI community in some hitherto unexplored area, such as rare coin collecting or surgical appliance manufacture.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

On 17/12/2020 at 11:48, Roger_Mellie said:

Ain't that the truth. 

men can get menopause as well, ask for equal treatment

5 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

men can get menopause as well, ask for equal treatment

I live in Ilford and I've been in Central London twice in the last three years. I've passed through it twice going to and from Heathrow.

26 minutes ago, Panther said:

I haven't been to London in over a year. Can't remember the last time that happened.

I can't remember the last time I went to London.

I blame the Coal Hole for that.

Macron and Biden obviously fans of this thread, can see MI6 telling news organisations to change their tune about Biden

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1374355/joe-biden-news-us-uk-trade-deal-eu-brexit-emmanuel-macron-city-of-london-paris-spt

Joe Biden to boost Macron's plan to DETHRONE City of London as Europe's banker

15 hours ago, MrPin said:

It's easier for America to deal with London than Paris, due to the language.

Even if the French spoke English - and most of the upwardly mobile mobile/connected ones do, theyd still hit a brick wall as French are just awkward stroppy cunts.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4

Just now, spygirl said:

Even if the French spoke English - and most of the upwardly mobile mobile/connected ones do, theyd still hit a brick wall as French are just awkward stroppy cunts.

It's more polite to describe them as indivual and quirky. I generally like the French.

15 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

Macron and Biden obviously fans of this thread, can see MI6 telling news organisations to change their tune about Biden

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1374355/joe-biden-news-us-uk-trade-deal-eu-brexit-emmanuel-macron-city-of-london-paris-spt

You didnt post the full text

JOE BIDEN is likely to boost Emmanuel Macron's plan to dethrone the City of London as Europe's banker after Brexit, Lord David Owen suggested in an interview with ....

The LibDems are totally fucked at understanding UK politics, never mind the diplomatic outcome of two very different foreign countries.

I'm sure if youd listened longer to a LibDem theyd explain that as they are the most grownup, sensible party in the Universe that Democracy should be cancelled and all control passed over to a LibDem comittee  combined of the LibDem great n good - various LA middle managers, FE lecturers and French teachers.

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It's more polite to describe them as indivual and quirky. I generally like the French.

Paris-French

Or non Paris-French.

??

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

The Generation Game
21 hours ago, spygirl said:

I think that's what has halted the expansion of the Luxembourger's market share. 

Either that or because most of the people I converse with from Luxembourg are actually French commuters.  

On 18/12/2020 at 23:26, ashestoashes said:

Joe Biden: ex-defense secretary's wife says viral photo used 'misleadingly'  | US news | The Guardian

Emmanuel Macron's Finger Up to Straight White Males | European Freedom  Publications

• Lol 2

Hail the Tripod
On 17/12/2020 at 16:13, stop_the_craziness said:

The Mr Garrison club.

A496274E-2486-4207-8D83-E601282A3519.jpeg

• Lol 1